This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• The one complaint I have about Dragon Age is that it really does drag an age.
    Better.
  • Better.
    Well played, sir.
  • I am now watching Kate go from being a dwarven warrior to a dwarven skank-buscuit as she macs on every single member of the party at once, and is surprisingly successful at it.
  • Sooo....

Alien Swarm?

I'm into it.
  • I am now watching Kate go from being a dwarven warrior to a dwarven skank-buscuit as she macs on every single member of the party at once, and is surprisingly successful at it.
    Leliana, Zevran, and Allistair? Or Leliana, Zevran, and Morrigan? It's possible to play your cards right and stay with them all, because each will only break up with you for cheating on them once.
    Leliana, Zevran, and Allistair? Or Leliana, Zevran, and Morrigan? It's possible to play your cards right and stay with them all, because each will only break up with you for cheating on them once.
    Kate requests that you elaborate, apparently so she can slut it up with the entire party at once.
  • Isn't there a way to get a three-way?
    Kate requests that you elaborate, apparently so she can slut it up with the entire party at once.
    Go here for long detailed explanations about the love triangles you can get into, as well as how you can let a character down from a love triangle in a way which you can later shack back up with them, and they will not bother you about said love triangle again. I've heard it's difficult, but possible to date all three potential characters at the same time.

@TheWhaleShark: Yes, it is possible to have a (offscreen) threesome/foursome with Isabela. All of your potential mates except Morrigan can be persuaded to do it if in a relationship, and if you bring both Zevran and Leliana they can both be persuaded to have a foursome with Isabela...Good...Times? Whatever.
  • Aw come on man, show some testosterone!
  • Aw come on man, show some testosterone!
    I have no intentions of doing this ever.
  • I think I may have blown it with Isabella. ;_; I couldn't win at cards against her and she just left. Hasn't shown up again.
  • I think I may have blown it with Isabella. ;_; I couldn't win at cards against her and she just left. Hasn't shown up again.
    Ah. Yeah, before you play cards with her, you can use high persuasion to suggest another way she teach you to be a Duelist, and then you sex her up.
    Ah. Yeah, before you play cards with her, you can use high persuasion to suggest another way she teach you to be a Duelist, and then you sex her up.
    Oh, but you don't get her in your party? Now I don't feel so bad.
    Oh, but you don't get her in your party? Now I don't feel so bad.
    No, no, Isabela is not a party member.
  • edited July 2010
    Raided the second hand shelves and ended up with:
    Thief: Deadly Shadows
    Hitman: Codename 47
    Hitman: Contracts
    TrackMania United (YEAH!!)
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited July 2010
    Just gave the Medal of Honor beta a try. It's like they took Battlefield and Modern Warfare and squished them together to form something mediocre and derivative, if not entirely unsatisfying.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Just gave the Medal of Honor beta a try. It's like the took Battlefield and Modern Warfare and squished them together to form something mediocre and derivative, if not entirely unsatisfying.
    What do you expect from a game made to be a Modern Warfare clone with a multiplayer component by those that made battlefield?
  • What do you expect from a game made to be a Modern Warfare clone with a multiplayer component by those that made battlefield?
    I expected exactly that, and I was unaware of the second part until now.
  • edited July 2010
    Alien Swarm is out for free on Steam.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • edited July 2010
    Alien Swarm: Did they even try giving these controls to anyone not on the staff?

I like where this is going, but the entire interaction with the game interface is just bad. Confusing as hell, can't tell half the time if I'm putting guns up or dismantling them, knowing when to re-load is a joke as you have to look down to the bottom left corner and do a quicktime event to speed up reloading, most of the time you don't even realise the quicktime event is starting.

Someone needs to show these people how to set out an interface for hectic enviroments.
  • edited July 2010
    Alien Swarm: Did they even try giving these controls to anyone not on the staff?
    Word. It seems like whenever there's a command to weld open a door or deploy ammo or whatever, there's a new, seemingly random button I have to press every time.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited July 2010
    Hey, bet you didn't know but there's a secondary fire on some of the guns you can get by pressing F.

It wouldn't have been hard for them to make a set of screenshot slides with the instructions on!
  • edited July 2010
    Hey, bet you didn't know but there's a secondary fire on some of the guns you can get by pressing F.
    WTF.

Another problem I kept having was figuring out how to control what gets switched out when I pick an item up. One time I picked up some sort of healing device that the game told me to, ran into battle, realized that my weapon was gone, and tried to run back to it before getting owned by three aliens.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Lets see, you've got:
    Fire: Left mouse.
    Shove (Useless): Right mouse.
    Switch weapons: Mouse wheel - It only needed one button to toggle between your two weapons.
    Special item (E.g. Welder.): 1 button - Should be F/G.
    Secondary fire: F
    Reload: R
    Interact: E

L4D has about as complicated controls as you'd want in a game where you're being surrounded. I'm going to have to re-work my whole setup.
  • edited July 2010
    Shove (Useless): Right mouse.
    Not useless, you can break boxes with it.

Spacebar makes you roll.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited July 2010
    I was just covering the particularly agregous/important ones.
    Also, using the whole right mouse for something that you do only a few times in the campaign. They could have just combined it with interact.

I don't even understand what half the team controls do. Does duck do anything important? Most passages let you walk two-abreast.

Edit: Anyone noticed there's only one campaign with six levels. I get the feeling DLC is coming.
  • edited July 2010
    So it's pretty shitty, huh? I haven't had a chance to do more than a few minutes with the offline practice. I just thought it looked cool. Are the complaints mostly just that the controls are set up poorly? Being left-handed, I pretty much completely redo all the controls on every FPS right away.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • Spacebar makes you roll.