This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What Have You Been Listening To? (Don't make this thread a wall of embedded youtubes)

Comments

• I'm not really into electric/techno music, but I just keep on listening to the Panty and Stocking soundtrack over and over. Especially this track:
  • Been obsessed with Heavenly. Favorite twee band of the moment.

• La Blogotheque really has some great live stuff.
    Region locked.
    Region locked.
    Proxy that shit up.
    Region locked.
    How's this?
  • This is my favorite Beirut song:
  • edited February 2011
    Elephant Gun is painfully beautiful.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • La Sera is the solo project of gorgeous Vivian Girls' bassist Katy Goodman. And the video for the single is super rad.

• edited February 2011
    Why haven't I been listening to Shellac since 1992?

• edited February 2011
    Why haven't I been listening to Shellac since 1992?

Woah.

Post edited by Walker on
  • I've been craving something new. I heard a few things about Adele. I put 19 and 21 on my iPod. I am so far very pleased. That girl can wail.
  • Omar Souleyman is a god.

• I remember seeing the Keys play that live. The audience went nuts. They're so fucking raw, it's awesome.
  • This "One Album Daily" project, despite its lapses, is introducing me to some totally awesome stuff. I'm listening to Ween's "The Mollusk," and it's genuinely one of the best albums I've eve had the pleasure to listen to.
  • At first glance that video always looks like a huge vagina to me.
  • edited March 2011
    Busting out the classics: Eric, show em how it's done.

Oh, alright Brian, you can play too.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Suddenly, soft rock. If you're gonna post Clapton, you've gotta bust out "White Room," "Cocaine," and "Layla."
  • edited March 2011
    My favorite Clapton is "Crossroads," I like how it's just a classic blues song played really well.
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • edited March 2011
    I just found out that Clapton supports Enoch Powell's philosophy and made remarks seemingly supporting the BNP. Shame, that.

The man can still make a guitar sing, though.
  • Cream > solo Clapton
  • Cream > solo Clapton
    See, I thought we were just assuming that. Two of the three essentials I listed above weren't even solo Clapton.

Amanda Palmer really is the perfect match for Neil Gaiman.
  • "Don't make this thread a wall of embedded youtubes"
    >open up thread in new tab
    >see a wall of youtube videos, especially noting Sonic's post
    >mfw

And really, I agree with that thread title. No one is going to sit and watch all of these videos. You are better of just actually, ya know, talking about music, and if what you're saying about a certain artist tickles someone's fancy, maybe they will go on Youtube and watch the videos themselves.

Anyways, lately I've been listening to a lot of Skrillex and Bassnectar. I really hate the majority of dubstep out there. Most of it is straight garbage (Datsik and Rusko come to mind....). Skrillex and Bassnectar aren't straight dubstep, either. They're just both really awesome.
  • edited March 2011

Need to get an album by this band desperately, but the internet has all but forsaken me.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • See, I thought we were just assuming that.
    I've always preferred solo Clapton, especially his unplugged set.
  • Need to get an album by this band desperately, but the internet has all but forsaken me.
    Took me one search. I could send you a download link once the torrents are finished if you'd like.
  • Digging on Rise Against at the moment especially Swing Life Away and Prayer of the Refugee
  • Samuel L Jackson Singing Blues, from Black Snake Moan. It does not dissapoint, either from the standpoint of being a good blues song, and it being Samuel L Motherfuckin' Jackson.