This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What Have You Been Listening To? (Don't make this thread a wall of embedded youtubes)

Comments

• I imagine this music was made by some guy who really likes noise and then found a homeless black guy and told him to write a rap to it, but it's strangely compelling.

• edited May 2012
    Bomberman 64's soundtrack and Daft Punk's "Discovery" had a baby. That baby is Lone's album "Galaxy Garden."

Post edited by WindUpBird on

• I love a good image song, too bad the Dragon Ball Kai music scandal happened and this will likely not get another legit release.
  • Anybody else think that ABBA is really, really cheesy, but almost any cover of their songs in a different music style is awesome?

• What are you talking about? ABBA is the awesome cover or not.
  • What are you talking about? ABBA is the awesome cover or not.
    A friend of mine claims that there are only two types of people in this world: Those that love ABBA, and those who say they don't.

• Whatevs. Here's a german AC/DC tribute band that recorded an entire album of ABBA covers:
  • If they recorded an entire album of ABBA covers, are they still an AC/DC tribute band?
  • If they recorded an entire album of ABBA covers, are they still an AC/DC tribute band?
    They're an ABBA/DC tribute band.
  • Anybody else think that ABBA is really, really cheesy, but almost any cover of their songs in a different music style is awesome?
    That's how I feel about The Cure.
  • edited May 2012
    Anybody else think that ABBA is really, really cheesy, but almost any cover of their songs in a different music style is awesome?
    That's how I feel about The Cure.
    Eeyup.

Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • inb4 Jason tells us to shut our dirty mouths.

• Ashamed I had no idea this guy existed until a student told me about him:
  • That's the only James Blake song that I like. And it's not even a James Blake song :P
  • That's the only James Blake song that I like. And it's not even a James Blake song :P
    I thought his S/T was really good, even if a bit homogenous. Love "The Wilhelm Scream."

• I dunno, tracks seem decently diverse to me. He's pretty minimal tho, so I guess theres sort of a Limit To His Structure
  • I dunno, tracks seem decently diverse to me. He's pretty minimal tho, so I guess theres sort of a Limit To His Structure
    Ahhhhhhh this guy!
  • I definitely lol'd.
  • God, I loved Final Fantasy XI's soundtrack so much. It's giving me such a nostalgia high or something. Probably the best music of any MMO ever.

• James Blake is what I put on whenever I'm doing some sort of cleaning. Helps with ambiance.

• edited May 2012
    Listening to the new Frenzal Rhomb Album. Pretty good.

Post edited by Churba on
  • I don't really have a Youtube link for this, but I found the soundtrack to All This and World War II. It is quite a piece. I have a torrent running of the film itself, but it has no seeders right now, so we've also ordered a DVD copy. Also, California '99, a concept album circa 1971 about a draft-dodger in a loveless dystopia which can only be described in pictures:
    This is the album jacket. Fully folded out. It is a map of the US circa alternate 1999.
    This is the back of that map. Each of these is related to the story of the album. See the guy with the slingshot? He's one of the thousands of people who moved Florida as seen above.
    This is the sleeve. It is a transcript of the album with minor alterations that don't seem to change meaning, but then that begs the question of why they are there. Also, it ends with a stage direction "flash back even further." This does not have an actual scene to follow it up.
    Here's the transcript and the alt timeline, for those who are interested.
  • edited May 2012
    That sounds pretty darn interesting, Greg. I'll have to check that out.

[Edit] $10 for the LP on Amazon. Boom.
    Post edited by Sail on