This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What Have You Been Listening To? (Don't make this thread a wall of embedded youtubes)

Comments

• Everything/anything from Tri Angle records. Listening to AlunaGeorges EP once a day pretty much

and Evian CHrist.. god damn

• Also this is so good and it sucks that I cant really buy their album in the US:

• NEW ANIMAL COLLECTIVE SONG THIS IS NOT A DRILL

• Ah damn... I dont like it. Maybe itll grow on me tho.
  • So I watch the show Royal Pains. In their most recent episode, they had a song playing during one of the scenes. I found it entrancing and had to find out who it was.

I've discovered a cool new indie band, Poliça. Their whole album is pretty good stuff.

• edited August 2012
    Anybody know songs written by bands about other bands? Some that came to my mind:
    "R.A.M.O.N.E.S." by Motörhead (about The Ramones)
    "S.R." by Reel Big Fish (about Suburban Rhythm)
    "Bruce, Eddie & Paul" by NOFX (about Iron Maiden)
    "Jonny Two Bags" by The Vandals (about Jonny "Twobags" Wickersham and Social Distortion)
    "Journey to the End of the East Bay" by Rancid (about Operation Ivy, dunno if that counts since two of the members of Rancid played in Operation Ivy)

Not looking for diss-songs really, more like songs of appreciation.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • There's a song called "Robert Zimmerman Playing Guitar in Front of the Mirror," but it's not actually about Dylan. I don't remember if it even has lyrics.
  • edited August 2012
    I heard this remix on the local radio last night and it was actually pretty cool I thought

Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra) (M-Phazes remix) by Gotye

Post edited by MATATAT on
  • "The Gaslight Anthem are like something out of speculative fiction: this is what pop music would be if Springsteen hadn't listened to his producer, let The Ramones record Hungry Heart, and launched the C.B.G.B.'ers into megastardom.".

Indeed.
  • I can't stop listening to Gangnam Style.
  • I can't stop listening to Gangnam Style.
  • Been listening to Joey Bada$$'s mixtape a lot. The producer, Chuck Strangers, production reminds me a lot of those beats you hear in Samurai Champloo.
  • edited August 2012

Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Shintaro Sakamoto's solo cd is super chill. I'm diggin it.
  • edited August 2012
    I've been downloading a lot of music recently and recognizing songs from artists I thought I had never listened to before. It's quite strange. I'm not sure if it's stuff posted here or what. Specifically I've noticed it with Hide and Seek by Imogen Heap and The Power's Out by Flogging Molly.

Edit: Actually now that Hide and Seek has gotten to the chorus I recognize this as a pretty popular song. Maybe I heard it on the radio?
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • edited August 2012
    If you're digging Flogging Molly, there is a world of celtpunk/rock out there that you'll likely enjoy, like Dropkick Murphys, The Tossers, and the Cherry Cokes.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I've been digging some Enter The Haggis as far as other Celtic. I'll be sure to check those out too.
  • edited August 2012
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Holy Other
  • Just discovered these guys. If you like folk punk, this is required listening.

• If you're digging Flogging Molly, there is a world of celtpunk/rock out there that you'll likely enjoy, like Dropkick Murphys, The Tossers, and the Cherry Cokes.
    Also give The Rumjacks a try.
  • Just discovered these guys. If you like folk punk, this is required listening.
    I just found out that he's the same guy as Wingnut Dishwashers Union and Ramshackle Glory, which makes so much sense to me.
  • I found out that after I posted it too. Though, I only really like like one Ramshackle Glory song.
  • New Evil Eddie track.

• edited September 2012
    Just discovered these guys. If you like folk punk, this is required listening.
    Aw man, you're just now finding out about them? I've been preaching Pat the bunny's stuff on here for a while. I assume you've listened to his other bands, Wingnut Dishwashers Union and Ramshackle Glory, as well?

Edit-derp didn't see the posts under it.
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • edited September 2012

I'm also listening to the shit I posted to the "What have you bought" thread, but I'll have to upload those to YouTube myself.
    Post edited by Greg on
  • edited September 2012
    COCAINE COCAINE MAKE YOUR BODY INSANE COCAINE COCAINE NOW YOU CAN DO ANYTHING

so dope
    Post edited by Walker on