This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What Have You Been Listening To? (Don't make this thread a wall of embedded youtubes)

Comments

• Which song does she sound like Miku in?
    All the ones I listened to on YouTube.
  • If you can find a couple of stand-out examples, try running them past Emily. I'm not hearing much resemblance.
  • Of Montreal is ear Heroin.
  • edited June 2012

My official leaving a con and returning home song.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • edited June 2012
    So I got a Spotify premium account to find new music when I'm at work.

I discovered this today: Twinkle Twinkle Little Rock Star.

It's basically instrumental covers of popular music in a lullaby format. So soothing. If I had babies, I would totally play Radiohead lullaby songs to them.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited June 2012
    If you can find a couple of stand-out examples, try running them past Emily. I'm not hearing much resemblance.
    She's within the same vocal range that Miku is commonly in, but so are many people. What differentiates voices is their specific timbre and, in that respect, they are very different. Miku's computerized tone and note precision is part of what makes her Miku. This gal is nice, but she's not Miku. Mind you, I am not in any way saying that Miku is better (not a big fan of Miku songs, actually).

Sail, feel free to help me out here if I got some of the music terminology wrong.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited June 2012
    Been listening to a lot of El-P and Killer Mike's new cds in preparation for their upcoming show. Also found out that I'm going to see Florence + The Machine soonish too. Probably the best girl fronted band I've ever heard. That woman has quite the pair of lungs on her.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Scottish Post-Punk revival is awesome.
  • Scottish Post-Punk revival is awesome.
    You're goddamn right it is.

• I recently discovered Volbeat, I really like their style.
  • Bit of Grizzly Bear, they're alright.

• edited July 2012
    I really like Laura Marling.

And SoKo, too.

And Missy Higgins.

And Paul Kelly.

Post edited by Churba on
  • CANT STOP JAMMING TO THIS

• edited July 2012
    I have been enjoying Language Arts: Volume One by Random. Solid album based on his experience being a hip hop artist and a teacher.

Post edited by Coldguy on
  • these guys are awesome

• This song is basically going to be my jam till the end of Connecticon.
  • I've been listening to Nero's first actual CD. Good gettin' stuff done music.

This one is also from an HP commercial

This one has a neat video (even though I can't tell WTF is going on in it)
  • These guys are from my city, and I'll tell ya, they ain't half bad.

• The Megas released their new album last month. It dominates my earlobes. The whole thing is up on Youtube.
  • I've been listening to this song over and over...I've always enjoyed rap that was light-hearted but had tons of swearing/innuendo. Kind of like, it's hard to take seriously because it's the lyrical equivalent of Bulletstorm.

• The Megas released their new album last month. It dominates my earlobes. The whole thing is up on Youtube.
    I am going to review it with TKDforewe and have to say.

No sir, I didn't like it.

• Holy shit, man, this is good.

• edited July 2012
    That is awesome, sadly his full albums don't seem as interesting.

Also kinda neat
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Frank Ocean of Odd Future's new CD is pretty darn cool too. Kinda a bit of Drake, only not a douche.

• lol I don't know what that is but I like it.
  • lol I don't know what that is but I like it.
    The guy in Yellow is Yoo Jae-Suk. He's the "National MC" of South Korea. He's also the MC of Running Man. I discovered the video because it was posted on a Running Man Blog. Apparently this guy PSY just came out with his sixth album, and this is the music video for the hit single.
  • New Passion Pit, good stuff.