This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What Have You Been Listening To? (Don't make this thread a wall of embedded youtubes)

Comments

• That sounds pretty darn interesting, Greg. I'll have to check that out.

[Edit] $10 for the LP on Amazon. Boom.
    Y u tell me these things. I just spent like, $35 on vinyl today.

I'll add it to my watch list on Discogs, I guess.
  • edited May 2012
    The new Cloud Nothings is sooo friggin' good. Huge step away from their mediocre lo-fi indie rock stuff and a step towards Sunny Day Real Estate-esque emo. Also, it was recorded/produced by Steve Albini, which probably a contributing factor to the change in sound.

Post edited by Sail on
  • This remix of Bjork's "Crystalline" by Syrian electro-Dabke musician Omar Souleyman is hotter than a middle eastern climate.

• edited May 2012

Just in case y'all had forgotten that Australian hip-hop is 100% boss.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • No idea what this band is but this song owns

Also not into death metal, but this is pretty cool too:

Also also: just found out HEALTH did the soundtrack for Max Payne 3.. what the heck. Thats literally enough reason for me to buy it

• I am not sure I would normally like this song as much as I do but with everything going on in my life lately it just hit me in a way that it normally would not. A lot of music has been doing that for me lately, like this one too.
  • Propably only yosho and sonic have listened to this one regularly at any point lately.

• edited June 2012
    Yeah, that's been in my playlist for a while now. Good song.

Anyway, I found the english subbed version of the russian eurovision song. It's more awesome now.

I'm going to go call my grandma.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Just had a listen to Ramshackle Glory's second album and I have to say I'm kind of disappointed. It's definitely a different, much darker style than their previous album. I'm not sure if I liked it or not. In their previous album and in Pat's earlier works it dealt with serious subjects, but this feels much more solemn and less polished. I'm not sure what I think of it. Unfortunately, its missing most of the folk punk ballads that I love Pat the Bunny for.
  • This is so good, and the whole Personal Space compilation thing its on is so good too:

• The new El-P is tip top. It's not as amazing as I'll Sleep When You're Dead but it is some solid EL-P that's for sure.

• The new SNSD track is ok-ish, but is not catchy and you can easily get it out of your head.

The new track from f(x) is the new hotness.

• That is the guy from The Prodigy on her vest, isn't it?
    Could be. Not sure. Didn't even think of it until you said something.
  • Don't think anyone posted this. Was just thinking today about whether I Come to Shanghai had their second mini-album out.

Yep.
    Eternal Life Vol. 2 by IComeToShanghai
  • Out of curiosity why do so many japanese songs have english words sprinkled in
  • edited June 2012
    I think it's like how J.Lo's songs have spanish sprinkled in.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
    Yes, that is Keith Flint.
  • edited June 2012
    I think it's like how J.Lo's songs have spanish sprinkled in.
    Not really. She at least has some sort of ethnic basis for it.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I think it's like how J.Lo's songs have spanish sprinkled in.
    Not really. She at least has some sort of ethnic basis for it.
    I mean it in that how those occasional spanish words sound cool. Japanese folks probably think the english words sound cool.
  • Probably also why american people get Chinese/Japanese characters tattooed on themselves.
  • Man, lately all I listen to is music from Elephant 6.
  • So I just discovered this Kyary Pamyu Pamyu Revolution thing that is apparently very popular JPop right now. I don't think I'm that into it, but it's the perfect kind of music to have on when just chillin' and doing some chores and such.

What really freaks me out is that this girl sounds exactly like Hatsune Miku. I guess while we are waiting for computers to catch up, we humans are meeting them in the middle.

• edited June 2012
    Which song does she sound like Miku in?

It's interesting how they get around some of the problems translating lyrics in this one.
    Post edited by Omnutia on