This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Republican? Just scream and lie.

Comments

• Steve, are we counting ideas put forward by republicans who when democrats pursued them they suddenly were against them?
    No. We are counting ideas where Dems say X and Repubs say Y and Y ended up happening.

So far Bush tax cuts extension is only one.

• Protip from someone who grew up with the DH: The DH is a joke, and a single small suburban newspaper supporting Romney will not make this argument for you.
  • No. We are counting ideas where Dems say X and Repubs say Y and Y ended up happening.
    That's not compromise. That's capitulation. Compromise is when the Dems say X, the Repubs say Y, and the end result is half way between X and Y.
    Every New York paper besides the Times endorse Romney. Many newspapers around the country are endorsing Romney.
    Well, not surprising since every NYC paper other than the times is owned by News Corp, which also owns Fox News.

• edited November 2012
    Steve, have you forgotten that the individual mandate (and many other provisions of the ACA) came from Republican legislators around 2000? There was a compromise on that bill that largely favored the Republicans - the Democrats wanted a single-payer option provided by the government.

Don't ask for examples and then fucking move the goalposts when we provide them.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • You're off to a good start, Florida.

Seriously, why isn't there per-capita federal minimum requirements for staff and locations for voting? Every four years, this BS happens.
  • I didn't move them I described them better.
  • So, you want instances where the Democrats capitulated?
  • edited November 2012
    I submit to you the whitest rap song/video ever:
    Watching that video made me die a little inside. I think it can easily be considered anti-Romney.
    Post edited by no fun girl on
  • edited November 2012
    Holy fuck, Jack. "Look, 2/3 newspapers in NYC support Romney!". Yeah, the New York Post is completely worthless.

One of these is not like the others... But seriously, you're incredible. I'm happy that you're so willing to swallow tripe, someone has to keep those sites in business.
    Post edited by SquadronROE on
  • That's ONE newspaper though ROE.
  • I'm wondering if race to the top program was republican originally or just Obama, it seems like a republican idea (don't feel like looking up right now :-p
  • I'm wondering if race to the top program was republican originally or just Obama, it seems like a republican idea (don't feel like looking up right now :-p
    No it was introduced by Barry himself. actually seems like an interesting idea, though why it has to be a contest is beyond me.
  • Barry
    When a person calls the President "Barry," that's a very big red flag for me.
  • Barry
    You've known my political affiliation for HOW long?
  • edited November 2012
    Barry
    There's a difference between supporting a another candidate and being disrespectful.
    Post edited by no fun girl on
  • Barry
    There's a difference between supporting a another candidate and being disrespectful.
    Yeah, this. You can be as grumpy about his decisions as you like, but he's still your president.
  • I salute the position, not the man.
  • Yeah? Then address the holder of the position you salute by his proper title.

Oh, and make no mistake: If for whatever reason you were drafted tomorrow and you refused to follow the orders of "Barry," they'd still execute you for treason or desertion, no matter who or what you're "saluting."
  • Oh I'd follow his orders, that's not a problem.
  • I wouldn't have to dig very far to find lots of forum references to "Dubya." I also rankle at giving any de facto respect to any office or officeholder. Respect is always earned, and no person -- especially someone in the public eye -- gets to command acquiescence in the US.
  • Guys don't let Jack play you. That would be so very lame. :(
  • Nutnfancy y u so crazy?
  • A candidate we can all get behind:

Jack Fellure
  • This is a pretty good speech by atheist youtuber AronRa on the theocracy the Republicans are attempting to bring about, as illustrated by the Texas Republican Party platform (which has been discussed earlier in this thread):
  • Must stay calm, I've already voted, I'm not in my home state at the moment anyway and I'm super busy on a project, the election will be determined tomorrow regardless of anything I could have done. There is nothing to do, must not keep thinking about the election :-p Stop reloading realclearpolitics and Fivethirtyeight.com
  • edited November 2012
    I'm seriously worried about the turnout in the Northeast, especially with the way that the left-leaning internet is being FLOODED with propaganda about how Obama is a shoo-in.
    Post edited by muppet on
  • The only election I'm voting in that's even drawing any attention is Todd Akin. Apparently nothing else I'm going to vote on is considered contested.