This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Republican? Just scream and lie.

Comments

• The only election I'm voting in that's even drawing any attention is Todd Akin. Apparently nothing else I'm going to vote on is considered contested.
    ...you're not voting for president?
  • Making sure Todd Akin does not get elected is a big deal.
  • edited November 2012
    The only election I'm voting in that's even drawing any attention is Todd Akin. Apparently nothing else I'm going to vote on is considered contested.
    ...you're not voting for president?
    My state is considered too red to care about at the moment, 'cause racism.

Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • There are a trio of House races I want to keep close tabs on, but New York State will never hinge on the votes of my electoral district.
  • For Washington State the big races are for Governor because the incumbent Christine Gregoire is no longer running. So it's between the current Attorney General, Rob McKenna (R), US House Rep Jay Inslee (D). It's going to be a close race.

The other big ticket item is Referendum 74 for gay marriage. I think there is a good chance it will pass. There is also Initiative 502 for the legalization of marijuana.
  • It's starting to sink in:

"If we lose this election there is only one explanation — demographics. ... If I hear anybody say it was because Romney wasn’t conservative enough I’m going to go nuts. We’re not losing 95 percent of African-Americans and two-thirds of Hispanics and voters under 30 because we’re not being hard-ass enough," - Senator Lindsey Graham.
  • edited November 2012
    Whoa, wait. Those words came out of Lindsey Fucking Graham's mouth?
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • It's not the first time he's said something like that. Lindsey Graham isn't a horrifyingly stupid human being. He's a model politician.
  • Lindsay Graham is, as scary as it sounds, arguably one of the more moderate members of the present day GOP.
  • There have been lots of articles about shady voter suppression tactics pushed by the GOP over the last few weeks and now it's even being covered by moderate centrist corportist pants on head hippy leftist CNN.

Thoughts? Fair cost of ensuring poor people don't steal the election for the Muslim Homosexual Agenda?
  • Lindsey Graham, however is a spineless politician know how I talk about all those bills that were one time co-sponsored by a republican but then they walk away from it as soon as Obama got elected or they got looked at funny by the Tea Party, guess who the biggest offender was. Still before the Tea Party scared his pants off he was not the worst senator in the world.
  • Somebody must be passing out truth juice today:

"One of the things that you always want to be for, whether you're a Democrat or a Republican, is that you want everyone who's eligible to vote to vote. ... I think that all of this stuff that has transpired over the last two years is in search of a solution to a problem, voting fraud, that doesn’t really exist when you look deeply at the question. It’s part of the mythology now in the Republican Party that there’s widespread voter fraud across the country. In fact, there’s not," - Steve Schmidt, top McCain strategist in '08.
  • This is a pretty good speech by atheist youtuber AronRa on the theocracy the Republicans are attempting to bring about, as illustrated by the Texas Republican Party platform (which has been discussed earlier in this thread):
    Hey, I was there. 8D

• edited November 2012
    David Frum on why you should vote for Romney:
    The congressional Republicans have shown themselves a destructive and irrational force in American politics. But we won’t reform the congressional GOP by re-electing President Obama. If anything, an Obama re-election will not only aggravate the extremism of the congressional GOP, but also empower them: an Obama re-election raises the odds in favor of big sixth-year sweep for the congressional GOP – and very possibly a seventh-year impeachment. A Romney election will at least discourage the congressional GOP from deliberately pushing the US into recession in 2013. Added bonus: a Romney presidency likely means that the congressional GOP will lose seats in 2014, as they deserve.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Summary: Vote for Romney or crazy GOP will destroy America. Why would you want to reward such behavior?
  • Aaaaaahahahahaha

• Several people are circulating on the Facebook feeds of local CT news stations claiming to have voted for Obama but "I saw Romney bumper stickers everywhere, like practically the entire parking lot" which wouldn't be so odd except that it's word-for-word the same post every time. Later on in the comments they'll ask if "the rumors are true that [municipality] has already been called for Romney?"
  • THEY'RE BLACK we get it!
  • Black Panthers are sort of a paramilitary organization. I equally wouldn't want anybody from Stormfront "observing" a polling place either. It just looks bad.
  • if they are behaving (that guy is opening doors for old ladies) I don't care at all.
  • It's very possible to be extremely polite and still intimidating. He could be there without the paramilitary uniform.
  • Black Panthers are sort of a paramilitary organization. I equally wouldn't want anybody from Stormfront "observing" a polling place either. It just looks bad.
    And this is why we need UN vote observers. :)

And this is why we need UN vote observers. :)

• You could easily have a couple of good ol' boys in Confederate flag shirts opening doors for old ladies. Just their presence can be an issue.
  • edited November 2012

I am legitimately surprised at how much he thinks a second presidential term for Obama will fundamentally change America. It also seems like he's trying to get people to actually form militias. I wonder how long it's going to take him to join Donald Trump and call for an actual violent overthrow of the country. You know he's batshit crazy enough to do it.

Also, DAMN YOU GLEN BECK. WHY DO YOU HAVE AN OSWALD THE LUCKY RABBIT STATUE IN YOUR STUDIO? YOU'RE MAKING ME WANT TO THINK THAT YOU'RE KIND OF OKAY.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • You know, my wife honestly feels (and is worried) that there is a very good chance there will be a legitimate, and maybe even successful, assassination attempt on Obama during his second term.
  • These people live in an alternate reality that is unmoored from the real world.
  • You know, my wife honestly feels (and is worried) that there is a very good chance there will be a legitimate, and maybe even successful, assassination attempt on Obama during his second term.
    While I don't doubt that there may be an attempt on his life, you do not want to fuck with the Secret Service. Seriously, they take EVERY threat (that they know about) against the president very seriously.

Ted Nugent has been investigated. A lot.
  • Hopefully, not many people who are that crazy are competent at anything at all.