This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What movie have you seen recently?

Comments

• Makoto Shinkai sure is a one trick pony, and that trick is making you cry.
    Have you seen his Ani*Kuri 15 short? It surprised me; I don't think there are any clouds in it at all.
  • Just watched Good Night, and Good Luck. I liked it.
  • Bout to watch The Jerk. God I frackin love that movie. "He hates these cans! Stay away from the cans!"
  • Perfect Blue. My only regret is not watching it sooner.
  • Hudson Hawk.

Yes, I sang along.
  • So, finished The Jerk. But I can not sleep. I am having terrible TMJ pain. I would take some of the PM OTC painkillers I have but I gotta wake up at 7, and I did take 3 at 11pm, probably should have taken 5. And the only other analgesics (I learned from Scrubs, well Black Scrubs analgesics that they are taken orally, boy howdy I won't make that mistake again) that even though they are called I have contain caffeine. Well I guess I have to break out the big guns. Time to watch SW EP 2. With commentary. The one on the disk. If that wont put me to sleep nothing will.
  • I rewatched5cm Per Secondand watchedVoices of a Distant Starfor the first time. Makoto Shinkai, you break my heart.
    VOICES OF A DISTANT STAR????? Did you fall asleep in 15 mins? I sure wished I had that right now.
  • INSOMNIA! Well prob not. Can not sleep do to pain from TMJ. I tired the ol' movie with boring commentary trick. Well I tried Star Wars Ep 2. Watched for about an hour or so. DID NOT WORK!! So, now off to Jurassic Park. I gotta be up in 1.5 hours... Fuck me.. Prob just will not sleep. Fuck me.
  • Watched Machete on Sunday, and the movie is twice as good if you understand the joke.
  • edited September 2010
    Wanna see someone better then Machete?
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Somebody likes his Fast Karate. "Just hangin' out...."
  • edited September 2010
    Yesterday, I watched "Don't Be A Menace" with my brother yesterday, by the Wayans Brothers. I know it sounds groan-inducing, but it was done around the later years of In Living Color. It's a straight up spoof of "In The Hood" movies. But it's a really silly, insanely funny spoof. It's a little strange actually, I think many of the background jokes are funnier than the scripted dialogue. Just the excessive amounts of Malt Liquor Bottles makes me crack up.

And then this weekend, I watched the worst movie I've ever seen in my life, called "Taintlight." If you think Vampires Suck is terrible, this movie is worst in every possible sense. Atleast those Seltzerberg Movies look like MOVIES. And as juvinile and childish as their jokes are, they aren't as trying to be smug or smart with this piece of crap.

Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • At least those Seltzerberg Movies look like MOVIES
    I'm not gonna bore everyone with my opinions on Friedberg and Seltzer's movies as they are universally the same as everyone else', and you can read it on their Wikipedia entry if you care enough. My specific beef with their movies is that I have to wonder, do they even realize that their movies won't be relevant about X years from now?
  • do they even realize that their movies won't be relevant about X years from now?
    Yes, that's why they push them out quickly and cash in on the fads as soon as possible.
  • edited September 2010
    And then this weekend, I watched the worst movie I've ever seen in my life, called "Taintlight." If you think Vampires Suck is terrible, this movie is worst in every possible sense. Atleast those Seltzerberg Movies look like MOVIES. And as juvinile and childish as their jokes are, they aren't as trying to be smug or smart with this piece of crap.
    Whether or not it is good is a moot point. The real question should not be "How was it?", it should have been "Why did you watch it?" Well... EXPLAIN YOURSELF!!!

P.S. There are some vile villains of villainous villainy on my Facebook comparing She's the Man to The Godfather and Citizen Kane.
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • And then this weekend, I watched the worst movie I've ever seen in my life, called "Taintlight." If you think Vampires Suck is terrible, this movie is worst in every possible sense. Atleast those Seltzerberg Movies look like MOVIES. And as juvinile and childish as their jokes are, they aren't as trying to be smug or smart with this piece of crap.
    Whether or not it is good is a moot point. The real question should not be "How was it?", it should have been "Why did you watch it?" Well... EXPLAIN YOURSELF!!!
    It was a combination of both morbid curiosity and the fact that I enjoy most stupid movies. I can watch lots of dumb spoof movies or comedy movies and be thoroughly entertained. I hate most spoof movies today because they have an intense lack of finesse and subtlety. Plus, Twilight can be parodied on so many different levels that it can be entertaining. However this movie was just completely garbage in every sense of the word. The infamous bomb of last year was a movie called "After Last Season" that looks incredibly cheap with no sense of direction. (And it was to scam money) This movie feels like a combination between After Last Season and Twilight. And people were leaving mixed reviews between "It's so terrible, it's great!" Netflix ratings can be fickle for the most part...I think from this point on, I'm going to avoid people's excuse of "It's so bad, it's good!" Because usually? It's not. It's just horrible.

Just look at the trailer. That movie offends me with how bad it looks. The fact that it has distribution of any kind makes me wonder how easy it is to become recognized for this. I've seen youtube vloggers with more humor and better quality look than this. >_>
  • edited September 2010
    Went to see Toy Story 3. About as far from a cash in as it is possible to get. Some notes:
    1) Probably going to watch it a few more times with the pause button just to see everything.
    2) 3D's tendency to fuzz out the background becomes quite glaring when it's a Pixar film due to the small touches you try to scan around for.

It also exemplifies animations ability to meticulously cram every shot with detail and thought.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Jeremy has been enamored with Zooey Deschanel's band, She & Him, so decided to put on 500 Days of Summer. It was depressing but great. I related to movie in so many ways.

I was expecting a lot of things to be different in the movie, but was still pleased to see where it went. I adore Joseph Gordon-Levitt even more now.
  • Zooey Deschanel
    Sexiest woman alive.
  • Zooey Deschanel
    Sexiest woman alive.
    Her sister aint to shabby either. "Bones" Deschanel
  • Zooey Deschanel
    Sexiest woman alive.
    I don't get it.
  • I don't get it.
    Her eyes are very pretty and like in the movie, Zooey has something about her that's captivating and mesmerizing. It's funny how in the movie Tom comments on her 60's hair style, when her music from She & Him reminds me of 60's folk music.

She's like a mysterious fairy type. Well that's just my take on it. I like what I've seen of her and wouldn't mind more of her.
  • For me it is that every movie I have seen her in she is a bitch. I kinda like that.
  • edited September 2010
    I guess I'm attracted to more striking profiles: high cheekbones, graceful neck, cutting eyes. I'm talking Olivia Wilde or Angelina Jolie stuff here. Zooey Deschanel is... rounder? I'm not saying fat. That would be crude. She just looks soft.

In 500 Days the narrator was playing Zooey's character up to be a striking beauty who waltzes through life intoxicating men. I could only pull a Bluth and say, "Her?"
    Post edited by Jason on
  • edited September 2010
    In 500 Days the narrator was playing Zooey's character up to be a striking beauty who waltzes through life intoxicating men. I could only pull a Bluth and say, "Her?"
    Zoeey Deschanel likes to put a hardboiled egg in her mouth and squeeze mayo in with it....she calls it a may-on-egg. It's really cute.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Zooey Deschanel
    Sexiest woman alive.
    Agreed.
  • Sexiest woman alive.
    Oddly specific.
  • Sexiest womanalive.
    Oddly specific.
    Well, Helen of Troy may or may not have actually lived. Also, Appolonia from The Godfather got exploded.
  • edited September 2010
    Sexiest womanalive.
    Oddly specific.
    Well, Helen of Troy may or may not have actually lived. Also, Appolonia fromThe Godfathergot_________.
    Aphrodite is a mythological goddess. She's still second-place, though.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • She just lookssoft.
    I can't hit girls, they're soft.