This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What movie have you seen recently?

Comments

• "That's me!"

What the hell is this.
  • I don't think you can. If you like something, you like it. Liking something ironically is bullshit - a mere cover-up so that you don't have to feel embarrassed about liking something unpopular or that doesn't fit within your social circle. What I'd like to see - Someone actually define liking something ironically. Consider - Ironically is an adverb that comes from the word ironic, defined as "Characterized by or constituting irony, Given to the use of irony, Poignantly contrary to what was expected or intended."
    Yup, liking something ironically means you like it, plain and simple. The only difference is that it's different then what people would expect that you like.
    You're a hipster, and your girlfriend catches you chin-deep in dick?
    Whoa, how the hell can that even happen? Err, I mean, it's for ironic research that I'm conducting.
  • Whoa, how the hell can that even happen? Err, I mean, it's for ironic research that I'm conducting.
    It's more likely than you think.
  • I saw Juno and liked it very much. I would have liked Jesse Eisenberg better in the Michael Cera role.
  • I would have liked Jesse Eisenberg better in the Michael Cera role.
    This appears to be a reoccurring sentiment of yours. Perhaps you should watch ALL of the Cera movies and see if you think Eisenberg would have better in the Cera role. :P
  • I would have liked Jesse Eisenberg better in the Michael Cera role.
    This appears to be a reoccurring sentiment of yours. Perhaps you should watch ALL of the Cera movies and see if you think Eisenberg would have better in the Cera role. :P
    I've seen nearly all of them and this remains my general feeling. If Cera had a chin, it would help his case.
  • City of God was a good movie.
  • The Princess and the Frog was cute and entertaining.
  • I finally saw Inception.

Nuff said.
  • The Black Cauldron, like most of the Disney movies of the 80's, was only okay.
  • I decided to watch The Omen 1 and 2.
    Not sure what brought on my decision to watch them, but they were pretty entertaining. Need to finish up the old series and watch the remake now.
  • I saw Juno and liked it very much. I would have liked Jesse Eisenberg better in the Michael Cera role.
    Eisenberg looks way too old for that role.
  • watch the remake now
    No you don't. The remake is atrociously bad, and not in a fun way.
    You didn't like that movie, did you? DID YOU? You are the anti-Jason.
  • You didn't like that movie, did you? DID YOU? You are the anti-Jason.
    Didn't we already establish this?
    You didn't like that movie, did you? DID YOU? You are the anti-Jason.
    I loved the movie... it's just that your taste in actors seems to suck as well as your taste in movies. But eventually you seem to get it right probably more out of coincidence.

Nuff said.

Nuff said.
    It's like a taco, inside a taco, inside a Taco Bell, inside a KFC, inside a mall, inside your MIND!
  • It's like a taco, inside a taco, inside a Taco Bell, inside a KFC, inside a mall, inside your MIND!
  • I saw Citizen Kane, but thought the acting was a bit flat. Eisenberg could have knocked it out of the park.
  • edited November 2010
    Bitten is a serious drama in which a paramedic played by Jason Mewes arrives at his apartment to discover that a sexy vampire has murdered his ex-girlfriend. He's overcome with emotion and immediately has a blood-bathed fang-banger sex scene.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • Bittenis a serious drama in which a paramedic played by Jason Mewes arrives at his apartment to discover that a sexy vampire has murdered his ex-girlfriend. He's overcome with emotion and immediately has a blood-bathed fang-banger sex scene.
    Serious drama... Jason Mewes... sexy vampire.... fang-banger sex scene.
    My bullshit alarm lit up at Jason Mewes.
  • I saw RED not too long ago. It's a fun movie. Not necessarily that funny, but it's good atleast. The best thing about the movie is that there's lots of chemistry between all of the actors.
  • The Great Dictator, by Charlie chaplin. Every time I see this speech, I get shivers.
  • Blade Runner, second time watching because I've written a paper on it. It's just as incredible and beautiful as I remember. I've also seen The Usual Suspects. I kinda expected that first twist, but then holy shit.
  • edited November 2010
    Batman: Under the Red Hood and The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard better then expected.
    Post edited by Wyatt on
  • I was watching The Godfather in the "fishbowl," a glass box in the lobby of my rez where we can watch movies on a wide screen TV. Someone had it booked for a class viewing that cut me off just before the Baptism scene. They were going to watch Avatar.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
  • I just watched Toy Story 3. I cried at the end, just like all of you said I would.
  • I just watched Toy Story 3. I cried at the end, just like all of you said I would.
    This means that you are human.
  • Watched TRON last night, as a prep for TRON : Legacy - Still pretty damn awesome.