This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What movie have you seen recently?

Comments

• Shoot Em' Up is a movie where Clive Owen kills numerous people with carrots and fires a lot of guns. Needless to say, it's the best thing ever.
  • Watched TRON last night, as a prep for TRON : Legacy - Still pretty damn awesome.
    Greetings Programs!!!!
  • Shoot Em' Upis a movie where Clive Owen kills numerous people with carrots and fires a lot of guns. Needless to say, it's the best thing ever.
    That movie is fucking amazing.
  • Anyone seen Pandorum? I REALLY enjoyed it. It had a Dead Space/Event Horizon feel and held the suspense pretty good.
  • Megamind was quite good.
  • Megamind was quite good.
    Seconded. I saw it in 3D, and they did some cool stuff with it.
  • Just say Toy Story 3. Tears were shed. Spanish Buzz was AMAZING.
  • Watched the whole Millennium movie series, culminating in The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest at the theater. I'm pretty this is my new favorite film trilogy ever. Just everything about them is awesome to me. It'll be interesting to see how the American version handles the material.
  • edited November 2010
    I saw the movie Arthur, with Dudley Moore and Liza Minnelli. It was really cute. Not as funny as I was expecting, but man was it really fun to see those actors interact with one another. Love the ending too.
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • I just watched Casablanca. I thought it would be boring, a black and white old film I wouldn't enjoy. I was pleasantly surprised.
  • I just watched Casablanca. I thought it would be boring, a black and white old film I wouldn't enjoy. I was pleasantly surprised.
    Man that's, like, my second favorite movie of all time!!! It would be first, but Humphery Bogart isn't strong enough to hold his own against Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, James Caan, and Baby Sophia Coppola.
  • Attack the Gas Station is hilarious.
  • Attack the Gas Station is hilarious.
    Attack only one.
  • Scott pilgrim is coming out today on blu-ray and DVD. This MAY be the last movie I ever buy in a physical media (at a NON extremely discounted price).
  • edited November 2010
    Attack the Gas Station is hilarious.
    Attack only one.
    That's not fair!
    There was a surprising amount of depth in that film.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Scott pilgrim is coming out today on blu-ray and DVD. This MAY be the last movie I ever buy in a physical media (at a NON extremely discounted price).
    I am buying it on the way home from work today. It shall be the highlight of the night. I MIGHT watch it twice in a row -- once normally and again with a commentary track, if there is one to be had.

Also, anyone who has not already should listen to the most recent episode of the Doug Loves Movies podcast, featuring Scott Cera, Edgar Wright, and that one girl who gets bleeped. It's a kick-owls episode.
  • There are FOUR commentary tracks, Jason.
    People need to take a lesson from South Park. 60 seconds of commentary per 20 minutes of video.
    There are supposedly something on the scale of 17 hours of extras.
  • People need to take a lesson from South Park. 60 seconds of commentary per 20 minutes of video.
    Actually the best commentary is on Dr. Horrible where they did the commentary as a Musical (with Meta Commentary).
  • People need to take a lesson from South Park. 60 seconds of commentary per 20 minutes of video.
    Actually the best commentary is on Dr. Horrible where they did the commentary as a Musical (with Meta Commentary).
    I did not know this. I must seek it out.
  • I did not know this. I must seek it out.
    Some samples
    People need to take a lesson from South Park. 60 seconds of commentary per 20 minutes of video.
    I actually listened to all of the commentary tracks on Hot Fuzz. Edgar Wright is a fascinating man. Not all commentary tracks are worth it, but some definitely are.
  • edited November 2010
    I saw the movieArthur, with Dudley Moore and Liza Minnelli. It was really cute. Not as funny as I was expecting, but man was it really fun to see those actors interact with one another. Love the ending too.
    I watched this for the first time a few months ago, and I thought it held up quite well for a mediocre 80's comedy. I was pleasantly surprised!

Also, The Road Warrior showed up from Netflix today. The Mad Max education continues.
    Post edited by Matt on
  • The Fast and The Furious - It was like a crap version of Initial D
  • The Fast and The Furious - It was like a crap version of Initial D
    Is this The Fast and the Furious or Fast and the Furious?
  • Is thisTheFast and the Furious or Fast and the Furious?
    I belive it's The Fast and The Furious - which I still think to this day is an amazing title for a movie - and Fast and Furious, which is the 4th film in the series.
  • Wikipedia says that there is a 1939 film titled Fast and Furious, whereas the 4th film in the series mentioned uses an ampersand instead.
  • Wikipedia says that there is a 1939 film titledFast and Furious, whereas the 4th film in the series mentioned uses an ampersand instead.
    Curse you ampersand!
  • .... I got no idea.. it had Vin Diesel and bullet time car engine-view.