This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What movie have you seen recently?

Comments

• GeoGeo
    edited November 2010
    Okay seriously guys I'm going to be blunt...this charade has gone on long enough. It's not funny that you guys keep pretending that The Last Airbender no longer exists. Is it a bad movie? Yes. Did Shyamalan fail at this? Yes. But why pretend it doesn't exist when it is so much more fun to knock it? Get over it. Bad movies are made all the time, this one just happened to gain worldwide release.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Okay seriously guys...this charade has gone on long enough. It's not funny that you guys keep pretending that The Last Airbender no longer exists. Is it a bad movie? Yes. Did Shyamalan fail at this? Yes. But why pretend it doesn't exist when it is so much more fun to knock it?
    Then don't participate and just ignore and move on. Why spoil our fun?
  • Okay seriously guys...this charade has gone on long enough. It's not funny that you guys keep pretending that The Last Airbender no longer exists. Is it a bad movie? Yes. Did Shyamalan fail at this? Yes. But why pretend it doesn't exist when it is so much more fun to knock it?
    Oh, I get it. You're a funny guy - trying to fool us that it exists, and that it's terrible. We're too clever for you this time.
  • edited November 2010
    Oh, I get it. You're a funny guy - trying to fool us that it exists, and that it's terrible. We're too clever for you this time.
    Churbs, what are even you commenting on? Man, it's like the whole world is going crazy.

There are only two things I'm sure of anymore: I exist, and there has never been and will never be a live-action adaptation of "Avatar: The Last Airbender."
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • You people aren't looking in the right areas. The worst movies right now are all children's movies and romantic comedies.
  • Watched the Wright/O'Malley commentary of Scott Pilgrim.
  • Watched the Wright/O'Malley commentary of Scott Pilgrim.
    How is it?
  • It was great, I enjoyed. It was as much about the making of the comic as it was about the movie. It's really interesting because there are a lot of instances they talk about where the making of the film actually influenced the writing of the books.
  • Sex Drive is a very amusing movie. It's not good, but it's fun.
  • Okay seriously guys I'm going to be blunt...this charade has gone on long enough. It's not funny that you guys keep pretending that The Last Airbender no longer exists. Is it a bad movie? Yes. Did Shyamalan fail at this? Yes. But why pretend it doesn't exist when it is so much more fun to knock it? Get over it. Bad movies are made all the time, this one just happened to gain worldwide release.
  • Latest movie I saw was Scott Pilgrim and all I have to say is, if you haven't seen it, you need to.
    Why did it took you so long to watch it?
    Also, Megamind is fantastic!
  • Eryn, +1 internet
  • Just watched all of the original Gone in 60 Seconds for the first time. Just the most amazing car chase of all time. It's really too bad you could never do something like that again these days.
  • edited November 2010
    Just the most amazing car chase of all time.
    You've never heard of C'etait un Rendezvous, I see. It's a different kind of chase, but still better.
  • edited November 2010
    Just the most amazing car chase of all time.
    You've never heard ofC'etait un Rendezvous, I see.
    You don't know the meaning of the word "chase", I see.

EDIT: Chase aside, it's still not that impressive. 40 minute scene > 8 minute scene.
    Post edited by theknoxinator on
  • edited November 2010
    You don't know the meaning of the word "chase", I see.
    It's a different kind of chase, but still better.
    I'm still counting it as a chase. He meets a girl, so he was technically a car chasing a skirt. And they did it illegally, in one take, on open streets, in excess of 120MPH. Gone In Sixty Seconds is awesome, but C'etait un Rendezvous will always be my favorite.
  • edited November 2010
    EDIT: Chase aside, it's still not that impressive. 40 minute scene > 8 minute scene.
    Gone In Sixty Seconds had closed roads and choreography. C'etait un Rendezvous had a guy with a Benz and an 8mm in Paris traffic in broad daylight, drifting and moving in excess of 100MPH. The pure skill wins the award of "Most Impressive" in my book. Also, the fact that it's set to nothing but a screaming Ferrari engine and squealing tires is helpful, too.

EDIT: Yeah, this needed a second post. That is just how much I fucking love C'etait un Rendezvous. It's like if you boiled every Steve McQueen film ever down into eight minutes' worth of pure McQueen essence and injected it right into your eyeballs.
  • EDIT: Yeah, this needed a second post. That is just how much I fucking love C'etait un Rendezvous.
    I can see why you'd like it, it just doesn't do much for me. I personally find the stunts, improvisation, and low budget of Gone more impressive.
  • It's all good. Gone in Sixty Seconds is a goddamn classic. We are all better people because that film exists.
  • edited November 2010
    EDIT: Yeah, this needed a second post. That is just how much I fucking love C'etait un Rendezvous.
    I can see why you'd like it, it just doesn't do much for me. I personally find the stunts, improvisation, and low budget of Gone more impressive.
    I wouldn't call a low budget impressive in and of itself, rather what was achieved in spite of one.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Seriously though, where is the humor in that shtick? I don't mean to be a humorless twat, but I would really like to know. Or is it one of those things wherein the humor cannot be explained, and is it just spontaneously funny?
  • Just watched all of the originalGone in 60 Secondsfor the first time. Just the most amazing car chase of all time. It's really too bad you could never do something like that again these days.
    You should check out the BMW short films with Clive Owen. Very enjoyable car chases directed by many famous directors and played with famous actors.

I bought the DVD a while ago but losted it. -_____-
  • I just came very close to death. This isn't funny. I really almost choked to death on pumpkin cake. It's not a joke. Stop laughing. It happened while watching Black Dynamite. Pumpkin cake went into my trachea, cutting of the precious supply of oxygen to my organs. Can you imagine the consternation this might have caused the poor coroner? He would have stumbled to my computer desk and found a fat, blue-faced man in boxer shorts with cinnamon crumbles spilling from his dead mouth.

"Black dynamite, can I get you anything?"
    "You can get me some of that ass."
  • Just watched all of the originalGone in 60 Secondsfor the first time. Just the most amazing car chase of all time. It's really too bad you could never do something like that again these days.
    You should check out the BMW short films with Clive Owen. Very enjoyable car chases directed by many famous directors and played with famous actors.

I bought the DVD a while ago but losted it. -_____-
    Oh wow I forgot about the BMW short films. We used to watch those in college and they were so entertaining. I remember Guy Ritchie filmed one that I particularly liked.

I was given the original Gone in 60 Seconds as a gift by mistake back when the remake came out. I didn't even know it was a remake, I just wanted to see it. Best mistake ever. It was so good I decided to just completely pass on the Nicholas Cage version.
  • I really almost choked to death on pumpkin cake. It's not a joke. Stop laughing. It happened while watchingBlack Dynamite.
    FIENDISH...PUMPKIN CAKE...TREACHERY!!!!!

• I was given the original Gone in 60 Seconds as a gift by mistake back when the remake came out. I didn't even know it was a remake, I just wanted to see it. Best mistake ever. It was so good I decided to just completely pass on the Nicholas Cage version.
    The cage version is worth it. The rest of the movie is utter pants, but in a so bad it's good way, but the Eleanor Chase is pretty fucking good, and takes up a good 20 minutes.
  • Watched Slither with Nathan Fillion. Like the beginning of Zombieland, I had to stop watching the movie because I was eating at the same time.

*shudders* Haven't had a movie that grossed me out in ages.

Also watch The Majestic with Jim Carrey. Very enjoyable. I teared a bit when he made his awesome speech during the Senate investigation. Probably one of his better serious roles that he's done.
  • Just watched Kickass. Pretty good stuff.

Okay, here's a message to movie composers... stop recycling music from previous films! John Murphy's track Kanada's Death from Sunshine, an amazingly emotional and heroic scene. Used in Kickass, when Hit Girl attacks the lumber mill. But as I paid for and often listen to the Sunshine soundtrack, they are now linked in a really weird way.
  • Just watched Kickass. Pretty good stuff.

Okay, here's a message to movie composers... stop recycling music from previous films! John Murphy's track Kanada's Death from Sunshine, an amazingly emotional and heroic scene. Used in Kickass, when Hit Girl attacks the lumber mill. But as I paid for and often listen to the Sunshine soundtrack, they are now linked in a really weird way.
    I agree. Not enough people composing original scores these days.

Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Back to the Future, original scores make for the win.
  • edited November 2010
    Just watched Kickass. Pretty good stuff.

I agree. Not enough people composing original scores these days.

Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Back to the Future, original scores make for the win.
    Oh no, there's plenty of original music in the movie. Or if it wasn't specially written for this movie, I don't recognize it, and it fits superbly. There was just a few pieces I recognize from elsewhere.
    Post edited by Luke Burrage on