This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What movie have you seen recently?

Comments

• On a random note, is anyone else waiting for Pixar/Disney to release a 3 DVD Pack of the Toy Story Trilogy? That's mostly what I'm waiting for, even though I love Toy Story 3 to Death. I think it's mostly because I didn't get into Toy Story 2 until a month before the 3rd one was released.
  • edited November 2010
    On a random note, is anyone else waiting for Pixar/Disney to release a 3 DVD Pack of the Toy Story Trilogy? That's mostly what I'm waiting for, even though I love Toy Story 3 to Death. I think it's mostly because I didn't get into Toy Story 2 until a month before the 3rd one was released.
    They do for Blu Ray/DVD/Digital copy. It's a toy chest or something.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • On a random note, is anyone else waiting for Pixar/Disney to release a 3 DVD Pack of the Toy Story Trilogy? That's mostly what I'm waiting for, even though I love Toy Story 3 to Death. I think it's mostly because I didn't get into Toy Story 2 until a month before the 3rd one was released.
    They did for Blu Ray. It's a toy chest or something.
    FFFFFFFFFFF-. Has to be on Blu-Ray...
  • Ugh, that whole digital copy thing is such a ripoff. It's a pile of bullshit DRM, complete with an expiration date. I saw a DVD+Digital Copy in a store once, and the expiration date had already passed on the digital copy.
  • Ugh, that whole digital copy thing is such a ripoff. It's a pile of bullshit DRM, complete with anexpiration date. I saw a DVD+Digital Copy in a store once, and the expiration date had already passed on the digital copy.
    I think the expiration date thing is dumb, but digital copy isn't too bad. It does suck though if your hard drive craps out on you, then you are limited to how many times you can redownload the digital copy.

I do enjoy watching some movies on my iPod at times, although it would look better on the iPod touch.
  • Did anyone notice that Scott Pilgrim was released in a dual Blueray/DVD pack for just $5 more? That's a pretty good marketing ploy to bring the DVD crowd into the Blueray fold. I have not personally as yet been swayed, but I'll admit I thought about it. Then I decided it will all be digital soon enough anyway.
  • Did anyone notice that Scott Pilgrim was released in a dual Blueray/DVD pack for just $5 more? That's a pretty good marketing ploy to bring the DVD crowd into the Blueray fold.
    It would be if a majority of people had Booray players. I posit that younger generations prefer digital media, and that the adoption rate of non-PS3 Booray players for people under 30 is incredibly low.
  • under 30
    I think you mean under 31, a demographic that has all the cool people :/
  • I'm not getting blue-ray player, not even for Scott Pilgrim although some of the Blue-Ray extras seem interesting. I'm sure there will be alternative ways of getting and seeing those. But DVD I will buy as soon as it hits shelves here.
  • I'm sure there will be alternative ways of getting and seeing those.
    I also believe in bittorrent. ;^)
  • I think you mean under 31, a demographic that has all the cool people :/
    I say just 30. That's the place to be. :3
  • There is a wealth of MST3K episodes on Netflix streaming, so I've watched a bad movie everyday in class.
  • I think you mean under 31, a demographic that has all the cool people :/
    I say just 30. That's the place to be. :3
    In a couple of months I will move the marker to people under 32 :[
  • Watched How to Train Your Dragon last night. Fun movie. Definitely the best Dreamworks film I've seen.
  • In a couple of months I will move the marker to people under 32 :[
    I like this 31 marker I will be hitting that in a few weeks.
  • I got the Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo pack of Scott Pilgrim despite not having a Blu-ray player. The DVD will serve me fine for now, I can jack my roommates' PS3 to watch the Blu-ray features, and I won't have to repurchase a Blu-ray copy should I get a Blu-ray player or PS3 in the future. So that works for me all around. I didn't really need the digital copy, but I downloaded it anyway just because it was there, so whatever.

Other than that, saw Megamind on Sunday. Predictable, but still hella fun. Definitely would put it in the upper echelon of Dreamworks animated movies. Also finished a Brad-Dourif-a-thon recently. That consisted of Spontaneous Combustion, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (rewatch), Exorcist III, Child's Play 1-3, and Wise Blood. The results of that are posted in detail here. Next is going to be a Tobe-Hooper-a-thon.
  • edited November 2010
    Fight Club.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • The Shawshank Redemption.

I cried around five times. Fuck.
  • The Shawshank Redemption.

I cried around five times. Fuck.
    Did you watch it five times or did you cry five times throughout that one screening?
  • One screening.
  • I also watched Schindler's List that same night. It was an epic night of procrastination.
  • I watched The Battle of Algers for philosophy. It's a long, slow, French movie that I now love.
  • Wonderland is a pretty awesome, but ultimately messed up movie. I really liked Val Kilmer's performance.
  • Speed Scandal. It was great. Hilarious, sweet, and had the cutest kid ever as one of the main roles =3
  • The. Running. Man.
  • Just watched something claiming to be "The Last Airbender" movie. It's a good thing it wasn't a real hollywood movie or something.
  • edited November 2010
    Just watched something claiming to be "The Last Airbender" movie. It's a good thing it wasn't a real hollywood movie or something.
    You must have been dreaming. That movie doesn't exist, homey.
    The. Running. Man.
    Sub Zero, now plain Zero.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • You must have been dreaming. That movie doesn't exist, homey.
    I think it was a fan movie or something. Wouldn't have been so bad if Admiral Zhao wasn't the only one even trying to act. They should have paid more attention to the little things though, because Princess Yue's hair totally made her look like a penis when she was introduced.

Also:
  • edited November 2010
    Just watched something claiming to be "The Last Airbender" movie. It's a good thing it wasn't a real hollywood movie or something.
    You must have been dreaming. That movie doesn't exist, homey.
    It's really too bad too, cause I watched a movie recently that had a trailer for it. It looked like it could be really cool. Too bad they cancelled it.
    I think it was a fan movie or something.
    My theory is that when the movie was cancelled, a bunch of fans took the trailer footage and tried to make the full movie out of it. Note the use of tried.
    Post edited by theknoxinator on
  • Latest movie I saw was Scott Pilgrim and all I have to say is, if you haven't seen it, you need to.