This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What movie have you seen recently?

Comments

• and it shall be called Parkoeira.
  • I feel like if someone was to combine Parkour and Capoeira correctly, it could possibly be the best (read most awesome) form of martial arts.
    While yes, it is more of a performance than actual fighting, Jon Morrison of WWE wrestling does a good job incorporating those two styles into his move set.
  • I feel like if someone was to combine Parkour and Capoeira correctly, it could possibly be the best (read most awesome) form of martial arts.
    If by awesome you mean showiest, flashy form of wasting engery and being ineffective while fighting then yeah I guess you could be right.
  • I just saw my favorite and in my imho the best Die Hard is on Netflix streaming. Gonna watch it and enjoy the hell out of it.

DIE HARD WITH A VENGANCE!!!! YEAH BABY!!!!

I rate them as 3, 1, 2, 4. How do you rate them?
  • I would rate them Die Hard, Die Hard with a Vengeance, Live Free or Die Hard.
  • Ha so you dont even think of Die Harder as a movie. Oh wait you dont even know what I am talking about.
    I believe the most awesome form of martial arts would be a fusion of Muay Thai, Pencak Silat, and BJJ.

It'd be like IRL Hokuto Shinken.
  • I believe the most awesome form of martial arts would be a fusion of Muay Thai, Pencak Silat, and BJJ.

I think you just exploded my brain with incredible.
  • I know I'm a little late to the party on this one but... holy shit Summer Wars.
  • edited April 2011
    I believe the most awesome form of martial arts would be a fusion of Muay Thai, Pencak Silat, and BJJ.

I think you just exploded my brain with incredible.
    You could do it, Churbs. Become the Century's End Savior. You're a third of the way there.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • You could do it, Churbs. Become the Century's End Savior. You're a third of the way there.
    BRB, punching a tank to death.
  • I am just a few minutes into The Other Guys and I already have a new favorite film quote: "Did someone call 9-1-HOLY SHIT?"
  • I am just a few minutes into The Other Guys and I already have a new favorite film quote: "Did someone call 9-1-HOLY SHIT?"
    The expression and reaction on Marky Mark's face when he realizes that Will Ferrell is married to Eva Mendez is great.
    The expression and reaction on Marky Mark's face when he realizes that Will Ferrell is married to Eva Mendez is great.
    "Did you yell 'America' when you hit the accelerator?"

"A Prius? Does this come with a dental dam?"
  • I knew I should have expected it since everyone said so, but Tangled exceeded all my expectations. If only I had known, I would've picked it up yesterday when I got The Incredibles (which is totally awesome in teh Blu-Rayz).
  • I knew I should have expected it since everyone said so, but Tangled exceeded all my expectations. If only I had known, I would've picked it up yesterday when I got The Incredibles (which is totally awesome in teh Blu-Rayz).
    I got that yesterday too. I will probably play it during one of the film festival nights my friends and I are doing.

This Friday: Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part 1!

In the immortal words of Rainbow Dash: OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!
  • Last night I watched Toy Story 3. Sooooo good! A real step up from the second, in my opinion. I cried twice.
  • Rubber was a steaming pile of wanky art house bullshit.
  • Rubber was a steaming pile of wanky art house bullshit.
    Watch it anyways. Preferably drunk.

@Pete: That was our mistake. We should have drank every time something blew up.
  • Started watching Teeth again. Remembered why I should NEVER do that. Turned it off and put onThe Terminator in the hope that it may restore the ability to get an erection.
  • I ended up watching Holes with my friends the other night for the first time in forever. It is definitely as solid an adaptation as I remembered it being.
  • I ended up watching Holes with my friends the other night for the first time in forever. It is definitely as solid an adaptation as I remembered it being.
    My class had to read that book for english class in high school. Never knew there was a movie for it, but it was probably the case that we read it before the movie was out, or even in production. Wasn't very impressed with the book though.
  • Has anyone seen Atlas Shrugged Part 1? I wanna know if anyone liked it beyond the Libertarian folks I know.
  • Has anyone seen Atlas Shrugged Part 1? I wanna know if anyone liked it beyond the Libertarian folks I know.
    It's been universally panned by most movie reviewers.
  • It's been universally panned by most movie reviewers.
    Well, look at the source material.
    It's been universally panned by most movie reviewers.
    Roger Ebert's review that you sent me yesterday was pretty damned funny.
  • Doomsday is freaking fantastic. Also brutal.
    I heard it was a Soap Opera, if it was told by Forbes Magazine.
  • Moon. It was unique. I thought I had it figured out within the first 30 minutes but I was wrong, and very satisfied with the end.
  • I just watched Monsters. It wasn't my choice of film, but I loved it, and the person who picked it really didn't enjoy it at all. She expected more monsters, while I really enjoyed the drama of the love story and the road movie aspect. It would be good, now that the movie has made a lot of money (I guess) to do another pass and clean up some of the dodgy special effects shots, but the rest of the film was pitched perfectly. The twist ending is soooo subtle that if you cough at the wrong moment you won't understand what is going to happen during the credits sequence.