This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

World Cup 2010

Comments

• You all fail for discussing this. It's worse than debating video format support in browsers. Nothing you will ever do will change the course of the future of this subject, and yet you spend so much effort trying to change each others' minds.
  • edited June 2010
    You all fail for discussing this. It's worse than debating video format support in browsers. Nothing you will ever do will change the course of the future of this subject, and yet you spend so much effort trying to change each others' minds.
    Jesus was black and jewish, Your mom is good in bed and the universe will end in 10 trillion years in cold death.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • We should give up on soccer and embrace curling. We were wrecked at the Olympics and need to fix that.
  • edited June 2010
    You're bad at this.
    And you're a pompous jackass. But the difference is the person that most often calls me stupid, or notes that I'm the village idiot around here is me.
    We should give up on soccer and embrace Hurling. We were wrecked at the Olympics and need to fix that.
    It's like grass hockey, played at head level, at ludicrous speed, with a baseball, and little protection.
    New York post
    Isn't this the same paper that called a 1-1 tie a win, and then said it was the best victory since bunker hill, a battle that America lost to the British, though admittedly at a cost? Either they have a great sense of humour, or they're fucking retarded.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • But the difference is the person that most often calls me stupid, or notes that I'm the village idiot around here is me.
    HEAR, HEAR!
  • As a silly, stupid American, I agree 100% with Scrym on this issue.
  • Isn't this the same paper that called a 1-1 tie a win, and then said it was the best victory since bunker hill, a battle that America lost to the British, though admittedly at a cost? Either they have a great sense of humour, or they'refucking retarded.
    The New York Post is barely even a rag. It mixes sensationalism with poor writing in amazing new ways each and every day.
  • The New York Post is barely even a rag. It mixes sensationalism with poor writing in amazing new ways each and every day.
    Ah, the latter. Thank you for the clarification - as much as I'm a news junkie, I can't be expected to keep up with every regional paper around.
  • You all fail for discussing this. It's worse than debating video format support in browsers. Nothing you will ever do will change the course of the future of this subject, and yet you spend so much effort trying to change each others' minds.
    I agree. I feel a severe lack of love in this thread
    I also I agree with you, but in other news.
    Brazil beat the hell of Chile and I am glad :P
    And I can't wait for the match between Argentina and Germany <3
  • edited June 2010
    I am considering getting a tattoo of the Spanish crest (I guess it's more of a coat of arms or emblem) if Spain wins. Tomorrow will be interesting.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • It's camera angles and South African swamp fog. Every call so far has actually been good.
  • It's camera angles and South African swamp fog. Every call so far has actually been good.
    Nah, it's shopped. I can tell by the pixels and by having seen quite a few goals in my time.
  • edited June 2010
    In reading Carl Sagan's Cosmos, I could not help but be amused by the thought that the Earth's interstellar communications are currently dominated by the sound of the vuvuzela. I think this would make a great comic.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Nothing you will ever do will change the course of the future of this subject, and yet you spend so much effort trying to change each others' minds.
    Blatter says FIFA will bring up the discussion of using goal-line technology on next business meeting after the world cup.
    edited June 2010
    [lolwut image]
    >implying you had anything to do with it.
    Your opinion was still useless, now will you finally stop crying? Thanks.
    Post edited by ... on
  • Let me clarify:

Nothing YOU will ever do will change the course of the future of this subject, and yet you spend so much effort trying to change each others' minds.
  • Let me clarify:

Nothing YOU will ever do will change the course of the future of this subject, and yet you spend so much effort trying to change each others' minds.
    This could be said about a great many of things discussed here, yet it does not invalidate nor make the arguments any less fun or interesting ~_^
    edited June 2010
    I think it might be better if we just stop posting here and just start sending them boxes of kleenex.

EDIT:
    it does not invalidate nor make the arguments any less fun or interesting ~_^
    The only difference in this case is that the arguments aren't fun or interesting due to the USA side being utterly ignorant of the entire game. Any argument you idiots made WAS ALREADY TOLD TO YOU, YET YOU STILL KEPT ARGUING AND CRYING AND BEING A SORRY LITTLE BITCH.
    Post edited by ... on
  • Let me clarify:

This could be said about a great many of things discussed here, yet it does not invalidate nor make the arguments any less fun or interesting ~_^
    Many other subjects have direct bearing on peoples' lives. Goal line technology in FIFA world cup matches? The only difference it will have on your life, and anyone else's life, is purely from a passive entertainment point of view. That means you are now arguing about a completely subjective matter, and trying to pass off your view as correct. But you don't even see it.

Many other topics are just as pointless, but at least they are recognized as such by those taking part.
  • The only difference it will have on your life, and anyone else's life, is purely from a passive entertainment point of view. That means you are now arguing about a completely subjective matter, and trying to pass off your view as correct. But you don't even see it.
    Apart from the issue on whether goal line technology is a subjective issue (which is isn't when one takes into account the mathematics of games), I take exception to the point that arguments of subjective matters is pointless. I would say that it's part of the human condition to argue about subjective matters such as art, ideals, philosophy, etc. Furthermore, discussion of such matters can be a competition between two sides on who has a better grasp of debate and wit. I find such discussions invigorating and inspiring. I research topic material, I think about how to word my statements, and try to find weaknesses in the opponent's position. Though such discourse I better myself at the art of argument, and as such I hope my opponent is as well.

Now, if you find such discussion intolerable, than I suggest you just skim over it.
  • Japan is out, and Portugal's goal keeper is awesome. To bad they also got eliminates.
    In other news, this becomes relevant for so many reasons now :O

Believe me guys when I tell you that many of the South American team players grew up watching this, in many ways it was like an inspiration :O
  • Spain: the true kings of Iberia.

Fuck Christiano Ronaldo. David Villa is the most dangerous.
  • Now, if you find such discussion intolerable, than I suggest you just skim over it.
    Discussion about how FIFA should improve football matches? I did. If you want me, I'll be over here, playing other sports myself.
  • To get the talk back to the matches: holy crap Holland! Leading 2-1 against Brazil right now.

EDIT: red card for Brazil!
  • To get the talk back to the matches: holy crap Holland! Leading 2-1 against Brazil right now.

EDIT: red card for Brazil!
    OH SHIT