This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Comments

• I was hooked the moment those gnomes threaten to kill old ladies if he screamed, and so on ^_^
    Please stop... killing... old ladies!
    That line got me too. That was so weird to see/hear in a cartoon.

I was most mystified by the episode they found the magic apple thing, which made the elephant girl explode, followed by the most ominous groaning sound. And I never found out what the hell happened there! (Unless they do explain it eventually)
  • That was another moment that I loved, they worked so hard to protect her and in the end the thing she sought destroyed her.
  • "Dude. Finn. Lets just kill the horse."
  • I was most mystified by the episode they found the magic apple thing, which made the elephant girl explode, followed by the most ominous groaning sound. And I never found out what the hell happened there! (Unless they do explain it eventually)
    Just totally random, as far as I'm concerned. That episode annoyed me. I know some people love it.
  • I was hooked the moment those gnomes threaten to kill old ladies if he screamed, and so on ^_^
    Please stop... killing... old ladies!
    That line got me too. That was so weird to see/hear in a cartoon.

I was most mystified by the episode they found the magic apple thing, which made the elephant girl explode, followed by the most ominous groaning sound. And I never found out what the hell happened there! (Unless they do explain it eventually)
    They do!
  • Just watched the first episode of 'Teen Titans Go!'.

It had me laughing quite a bit. The 'superheroes perform mundane tasks' schtick seems to be the main thing for this show, and is something I like. I'm guessing each episode has two parts. The first part of episode 1 involves the team making an ancient and powerful sandwich, and the second is a birthday party.

Also, "Robin has no superpowers, and is therefore worthless" seems to be a running gag, and it gets me every goddamn time.
    Aw man, I liked this a whoooole lot!
  • Oh mans, the new Community episode is finally up to the standards of the first three seasons. Either this is a fluke, or the show's getting back on track.
  • Oh mans, the new Community episode is finally up to the standards of the first three seasons. Either this is a fluke, or the show's getting back on track.
    Two more episodes to go and I hope they renew it.
    Or maybe it can get pick up by Netflix down the road.
  • I'm up to the Fionna and Cake episode of Adventure Time.

I want a whole show about them. =(
  • I've been watching Elementary recently. It's surprisingly good. I'd say it's as good as Sherlock.
  • Nathan For You.

It's pretty hilarious.
  • Watching the 'Beautopia' episode of Adventure Time. Finn literally just exclaimed the word "Ballsacks" when they were in trouble. I didn't know you could say that on a kid's show.
  • I'm rewatching season 1 right now and Finn definitely said something was "balls" at some point. It's TVPG, so I guess that's it.
  • Parks and Recreation, sort of. I watched an episode a bunch of AVClub commenters said was the best, and it was pretty good, and so was the one after it. Then I went back to try to start S2 (where I've heard it finds its groove) and it was not so good. Anyone have a recommendation list?
  • Parks and Recreation, sort of. I watched an episode a bunch of AVClub commenters said was the best, and it was pretty good, and so was the one after it. Then I went back to try to start S2 (where I've heard it finds its groove) and it was not so good. Anyone have a recommendation list?
    From Season 2, my favorites are: Greg Pikitis, Ron and Tammy, Hunting Trip, Sweetums, And Episodes 20-24.

If you enjoy those, I think you'll stick with it. If you are still on the fence, do give some episodes from Season 3 a shot because it really gets fantastic and the new characters add a lot of dimension to the show.

Also, CAN'T WAIT.

• Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give it a shot. Also, this new Fox show, done by JJ Abrams, actually looks like a network drama I might try watching.

• Out of all the new shows coming out, I honestly think Axe Cop is the best looking one.

Also, Rym/Scott made me want to catch up with every episode again, especially the ones I missed. "All The Little People" I believe is a really fantastic episode.
  • I know this isn't news to anyone, but I recently got around to watching Louie and it's so funny and heartbreaking and like hardly anything else you see on TV. I love it.
  • Ramsay's Best Restaurant is way better than Kitchen Nightmares. I'm on the final episode of season 1. Seeing good restaurants is a nice change from the bad ones.
  • edited June 2013
    Ramsay's Best Restaurant is way better than Kitchen Nightmares. I'm on the final episode of season 1. Seeing good restaurants is a nice change from the bad ones.
    I just started watching that yesterday since the only Kitchen Nightmares left are crappy American ones. Pretty good.

One thing, though. Even though all these shows are ostensibly about different things, Ramsay is a broken record.

1) Customer is always right.
    2) Strong leadership in the kitchen.
    3) Strong communication between all staff.
    4) Use simple high quality ingredients, and cook them properly.
    5) Season all the food appropriately.
    6) Work crazy hard.
    7) Clean like a motherfucker.
    8) Profit

Did I forget something?
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Well, let's be fair - that sounds like a damn good way to run a restaurant.
  • edited June 2013
    Well, let's be fair - that sounds like a damn good way to run a restaurant.
    I didn't say he's wrong. It's just that every show he does is a reiteration of one or more of these points. It almost makes me feel like I could run a restaurant. If only I knew how to cook a full menus worth of related food items and also had enough an initial investment. I don't even know what food is in season other than apples in fall and melons and tomatoes in summer.

Yeah, I'll stick with computers.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • The final episode shows the ingredients and how they cook it. It's crazy awesome and makes me crave that certain food.
  • To be fair, except for the instructions specific to the selection and preparation of food, all those rules are pretty much all common sense for anyone running a restaurant or probably any other sort of business.

I'm sure most, if not all, of us on this forum could probably run a successful restaurant if we had proper chef training or were able to hire a skilled chef to handle that part of the business for us. At the very least, if our hypothetical restaurant were to fail, it would absolutely not be due to the reasons most of those restaurants on shows like Ramsey's fail.
  • I am printing that motherfucker. Also, WTF can you cook in winter?
  • I am printing that motherfucker. Also, WTF can you cook in winter?
    That depends on how you feel about having your vegetables shipped in from Chile.
  • Mushrooms. Mushroom mushroom. Mushroom.
  • Completely disagree with the winner.
  • I thought potatoes were like an all year thing.