This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Upgrade to Vanilla 2

Comments

• So is there a maximum amount of IP/devices that can be logged in on the same account? Ever since I got my iPad mini, I get logged off of one device all the time.

Devices used:
    iPhone
    iPad
    Home PC
    HTPC
    Work PC, but I log out when I leave work
    I have no idea. Why are you using your HTPC to post on the forum? Isn't that crazy uncomfortable?
  • No. Wireless keyboard and mouse and parked on couch.
  • What's up with the incorrect linking for a specific post? It doesn't give the full URL. I click on the date of the post, thinking that will provide the URL for that specific post. The url doesn't include the name of the thread for some reason, fyi.
  • The forum does randomly log me out... maybe once a month? Every other month? I don't think it's because I switch devices,
  • Mine is a everyday occurrence. I no longer use my old iPad, but I will get signed out of my iPad mini and I use that to check the forum when I am at home in the evening. Bollocks.
  • edited May 2013
    It's probably just the cookie expiring. It looks like the forum auth cookie is set to a 1 month expiration, which makes sense.

EDIT: I think (but am not certain) that iOS clears cookies more frequently.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • My phone just upgraded to Jelly Bean (Droid Bionic running Jelly Bean + whatever customizations Motorola adds), and it seems to have borked how my phone reacts with the fields for writing and editing comments on the forums. Probably a bug in the browsers or Vanilla 2.
  • The Droid Bionic is quite possibly the worst Android phone ever produced. I hate this goddamn thing. Worst decision of my life. I spend every waking hour of every day hating it.
  • The Droid Bionic is quite possibly the worst Android phone ever produced. I hate this goddamn thing. Worst decision of my life. I spend every waking hour of every day hating it.
    Will is still using a Samsung Intercept, which never got upgraded past Froyo.
  • My phone just upgraded to Jelly Bean (Droid Bionic running Jelly Bean + whatever customizations Motorola adds), and it seems to have borked how my phone reacts with the fields for writing and editing comments on the forums. Probably a bug in the browsers or Vanilla 2.
    What browser are you using? Chrome?
  • edited May 2013
    There's a built-in browser and Chrome, and each is broken a different way. In Chrome, Swype can't seem to track how it adds spaces, which is just a bit weird and annoying. In the built-in browser, it seems to think that every word is the first word entered, so it doesn't add spaces and Every Word Is Capitalized.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Hm. Have you tried a different keyboard?
  • edited May 2013
    Seems like there is some security flaw in the forum. I had it set to only allow users by applications. There were a lot of spam applications. Awhile ago the spam applications dropped of. I was thinking maybe they gave up. Apparently even though our Vanilla is 100% up to date with patches, they found a way to skip the approval process and just get membership. I have disabled new members entirely (we don't get that many) until I can sort it out.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Yep. We don't want to have the same thing happen as on the Fast Karate forum right now.
  • Yep. We don't want to have the same thing happen as on the Fast Karate forum right now.
    May have already happened. I think they have posted a bunch of comments in old threads without bumping them. Perhaps it is SQL injection? The begs the question why they haven't just made themselves a moderator.
  • Ok, I deleted the spammers that got in. We will see if any more appear.

Something clever. It seems the way they were able to make spam comments without bumping threads was by commenting on their own user profile pages. Maybe that's a feature we can disable since nobody gives a shit about that.
  • Wait a minute... I think they only released this on their hosted forums and still haven't updated the self-hosted code. WTF GUYS.
  • That's probably their way of testing it.
  • Well it would be easier to roll out changes that way and not provide a patch. But it's also dumb.
  • http://vanillaforums.com/solutions Scroll down about half way.
    What are we looking at exactly?
  • edited June 2013
    Do'h please ignore
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Hmm. Chrome iOS isn't showing YouTube Videos in the forum, but Safari is. Lame. Hopefully Chrome will fix that nonsense. Anyone else seeing this?
  • YouTubes are working fine on Chrome Android.
  • YouTubes are working fine on Chrome Android.
    Everything can be made to work fine outside of a walled garden.
  • Working fine in Chome for Windows.
  • I don't know if it is vanilla, CSS or what but this is the only website where touching a link on my phone sometimes results in the link two lines lower being clicked. Only on my phone and using a bookmark to reload the page always fixes the problem.

This problem has happened on every android phone I have owned and my iPod touch. Only when using the mobile skin.
  • Cookies are broken as fuck.