This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Hipsters

Comments

• AmpAmp
    edited February 2011
    Pff, cats are to main stream I keep pet sea bass. They are the true kings of the wilds.

Churba; I'm not a capitalist, I don't keep Sturgeon. I follow them in the sea harvesting from them.
    Post edited by Amp on
  • I may have accidently gone full hipster tonight. I wore my ratted ass jeans that have a bunch of holes and my supposed to be ironic late 60's Camaro t-shirt (I like it cause it's an original camaro shirt) and went into Starbucks for an espresso.
  • I may have accidently gone full hipster tonight. I wore my ratted ass jeans that have a bunch of holes and my supposed to be ironic late 60's Camaro t-shirt (I like it cause it's an original camaro shirt) and went into Starbucks for an espresso.
    ONE OF US. ONE OF US.
    You ruined it by going to Starbucks. I know a way better coffee shop, But you probably never heard of it. And they don't even serve coffee. You go there and you just chew on beans. You probably wouldn't understand. Drinking coffee is so Ally McBeal.
  • Ah, but surely he went to Starbucks ironically.
  • Ah, but surely he went to Starbucks ironically.
    I'm a meta-hipster; everything I do appears completely normal, but that's because I'm actually a hipster, and the hipster style has become so standard that I dress and act normally in order to remain ironic.
  • A recent PvP.

I really like Scott Kurtz's change in style with the characters and with his recent move to Seattle, I'm definitely enjoying his homages to parts of Washington.
  • I really like Scott Kurtz's change in style with the characters and with his recent move to Seattle, I'm definitely enjoying his homages to parts of Washington.
    In the last two or so years, PvP has gone from "Strip I read because I'm too lazy to pull it from my RSS reader" to "Strip I look forward to reading pretty much every day". His improved arts and storywriting ability are awesome.
  • Being a hipster was too mainstream, so I've become a hobo.
  • If hipsters become mainstream, the world will end.
    Why? Because then to be a hipster you'd have to not be a hipster, but not being a hipster would make you a hipster.
  • Hipster Kitty strikes again!

• So... That photo was taken at RIT. That thing has been moving from bike rack to bike rack around campus for a week or two now, and nobody has any idea what it is. Here's another photo of it. The common speculation is that it's an art student's project or something like that.
  • So... That photo was taken at RIT. That thing has been moving from bike rack to bike rack around campus for a week or two now, and nobody has any idea what it is. Here's another photo of it. The common speculation is that it's an art student's project or something like that.
    Next time you see it just camp out with a camera.
  • The farther I scrolled down that image, the more hilarious it became.
  • How did the hipster burn his mouth?

He ate the pizza before it was cool.
  • How did the hipster burn his mouth?

He ate the pizza before it was cool.
    Are you making fun of me telling that joke 100 times to everybody, or did you actually hear it elsewhere and think it was new?
  • did you actually hear it elsewhere and think it was new?
    Well I didn't think it was new. :P
  • People still make fun of hipsters? Isn't that now considered old and lame? *eyeroll*
  • People still make fun of hipsters? Isn't that now considered old and lame? *eyeroll*
    It was funnier before it was cool.
  • I told the joke to the newsroom and got blank stares. I am alone on an island of getting-it-ness.
  • I hung out with a bunch of hipsters today in between classes. I've been slowly adapting stereotypically hipster clothing because I think it's hilarious, and when I saw a bunch of hipsters I went up and stood next to them for the lulz, but they were friendly and we ended up having a cool conversation about the nature of irony and Poe's Law.

Then I realized, no Derek, you are the hipsters.
  • Ironically wearing hipster's already ironic clothing? MEGA HIPSTER
  • Ironically wearing a hipster's already ironic clothing - on top of a suit you made from the skin of a former hipster? ULTRA HIPSTER
  • I heard the cycling club would be at the school's "Meet the Clubs" event, so I went to check them out. A couple of cool dudes there with really decked out bikes, so I stayed for a while and chatted them up. Then a hipster road up on his fixie. We all welcomed him and resumed our conversation. One of the guys mentioned how he thought the speaker I have on my bike was pretty cool at which point the hipster says, "Hey, I think I've seen you riding around. You play a lot of Daft Punk and chiptunes, right?"
    I shrug, "I do, but then again I'm probably the only guy on campus crazy enough to mount a PC speaker to his bike."
    Me and the other guys have a good laugh but THIS FUCKING HIPSTER turns around and says, "Yeah, I used to like Daft Punk, but then they sold out and got too mainstream."

I shit you not, that is exactly what he said.

Now, I am a fan of Daft Punk but, knowing he was just a Hipster, I let it slide.

"So anyway," he said, "Are there any other people in the club with fixies?"
    The words that came out of one of the member's mouth pretty much cemented my involvement with the club.
    "Well, no one in the club, but I think my niece has a tricycle, Oh! Unless that's too mainstream for you."

The hipster did the hipster scoff and tried to pedal away, but because there wasn't much room, he kinda had to scoot away.

hehehe, hipsters.
  • Lolololololololololol, fixies.
  • Okay, what exactly is a fixie anyway. I hear and see them, but don't really know the definition!
  • edited September 2011
    Fixie. Basically a fixed gear bike with no brakes.
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on