This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Hipsters

Comments

• Skinny jeans and thick rimmed glasses apparently makes me a hipster. Funny, I keep clean shaven, like music you have heard of and drink good beer. I can still be a condescending ass-hole, but that comes from being better than you. (and being a member of this forum)
  • 6th from the left is YoshoKatana.
  • edited November 2010
    Personally, I think fixie punk should be switched with Jeff Mangum/Julian Koster imitator. But maybe that's just me.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • 6th from the left is YoshoKatana.
    True, but I have neither a moustache nor a gin mill. I AM BEREFT.
  • My thought process was "That one guy looks like Kyp from TV on the Radio." *reads caption* "That guy IS Kyp from TV on the Radio. I am a filthy hipster for recognizing him."
  • When I think of hipsters now, I automatically think of old people with hip replacements putting on the hipster airs and affectations.
  • For the record, Hipster Hitler is still funny.

• For the record, Hipster Hitler is still funny.
    No, it's really not.

I mean, am I missing something? I just completely fail to find Hipster Hitler funny in any capacity.
  • edited November 2010
    I mean, am I missing something? I just completely fail to find Hipster Hitler funny in any capacity.
    Well, hipsters are funny, and Hitler is funny, so put 'em together...

Honestly, I don't think the actual comics are very funny, but the shirts he wears are hysterical. "Eastside Westside Genocide"? Classic.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I find it amusing...
  • I find it amusing...
  • No, it's really not.
  • It's just poorly done. The same jokes could be made more succinctly and subtly. A few of the strips are good, but most of them are a little too ham-fisted.

I only like ham when it's full-on and done with artistry. See Giant Robo or glazed ham with pineapple.
  • edited November 2010
    I find it amusing...

I only like ham when it's full-on and done with artistry. SeeGiant Roboor glazed ham with pineapple.
    Mmmm....Ham... It's the raw ore of bacon...
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • It's just poorly done. The same jokes could be made more succinctly and subtly. A few of the strips are good, but most of them are a little too ham-fisted.

I only like ham when it's full-on and done with artistry. SeeGiant Roboor glazed ham with pineapple.
    I agree. I have a chuckle at them, but they really aren't that good. I just find the idea of explaining Hitler's poor war decisions as him being a hipster.
  • Hipster Hitler is ok-ish. I can read it when you post it here, but only half of those are funny. I wouldn't subscribe to it or visit it intentionally. I think its major problem is that it has way too many jokeless panels. Sometimes Penny Arcade will cram a fuckton of text into a few panels, and that is not unintentional. They know what they doing. Gag strips need at least one joke every three panels, preferably a joke every one panel.
  • A few of the strips are good, but most of them are a little too ham-fisted.
    Y'know, I just realized - and I want to make sure we're on the same page here - that our primary complaint is that this webcomic, which makes jokes about Hitler, lacks tact and finesse.

Maybe that's the joke.
    Y'know, I just realized - and I want to make sure we're on the same page here - that our primary complaint is that this webcomic, which makes jokes aboutHitler, lackstactandfinesse.

Maybe that's the joke.
    It's the joke if you believe it's the joke.
  • ... that's the joke.
    Y'know, I just realized - and I want to make sure we're on the same page here - that our primary complaint is that this webcomic, which makes jokes aboutHitler, lackstactandfinesse.

Maybe that's the joke.
    It's the joke if you believe it's the joke.
    Don't believe in the joke, but the joke that believes in you.
  • See, now, that's a fucking hilarious Hitler joke. Tactful and well done.

Hipster Hitler could learn something from this hilarious example of child exploitation.
  • Hipster Hitler could learn something from this hilarious example of child exploitation.
    I just want to save this for everyone.
  • New thing...

• edited November 2010
    The title of the video is "Henry Rollins vs. Hipsters," and while I'm not sure if that's an accurate description, the video does have both Henry Rollins and hipsters and I wanted to post it somewhere.

Post edited by Sail on
  • This show has its moments.

• I think I'm OK with this guy.
  • Rudeboys never go out of style because even if you aren't skanking and you just want to go to Starbucks or get some groceries you still look good. Damn good.