This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• edited December 2012
    Ro has joined the gifting chain by sending me Toki Tori. Thanks, Ro!
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • And now I'm gifted a game called Rotastic. WONDERFUL! Thanks, chaos.
  • And thank you for your gift to me, to.
  • edited December 2012
    Ro has joined the gifting chain by sending me Toki Tori. Thanks, Ro!
    Post edited by Admiral Hotcakes on
  • I'm hoping To The Moon goes for $2.50.
    And now I'm gifted a game called Rotastic. WONDERFUL! Thanks, chaos.
    lol I figured you would have owned that already purely based on the name.
  • Baaaaassttiiiiiooooon.
  • Half Minute Hero for $3.39?
  • Half Minute Hero for $3.39?
    Worth it. Just make sure to switch the graphics to the Retro ones.
  • I'm considering buying Sonic Adventure 2 for nostalgic replay purposes. Is the PC port sufficiently non-buggy to be worth getting?
  • They Bleed Pixels for $2.50?
  • I'm considering buying Sonic Adventure 2 for nostalgic replay purposes. Is the PC port sufficiently non-buggy to be worth getting?
    None of the recent Sega ports are at all buggy, afaik. The problem most people are having them is that they control too closely to the originals :P
    The only real problem with SA2 is that there's about four good levels, two passable ones, and the rest are shit. If you're only getting it for nostalgia, that's one thing, but it's not really that good a Sonic game.
  • I think I've reached the point of only buying a couple games per sale. Nothing is that great. All I really want is Dishonored and Xcom and Dishonored isn't on sale enough for me to warrant buying it.
  • They Bleed Pixels for $2.50?
    if you have a controller, yes.

The only real problem with SA2 is that there's about four good levels, two passable ones, and the rest are shit. If you're only getting it for nostalgia, that's one thing, but it's not really that good a Sonic game.
    *Slaps Neito* Bite your tongue.
  • Eh, I agree and disagree. The Sonic levels were good, and the Shadow levels were decent but the Knuckles levels were kind of tedious and some of the others were just dumb. Fishing? Really? My biggest complaint was really the last level though. Once you beat the dark and light campaigns, you still need to beat the final one but its several levels in one with no saving in between and that shit pisses me off.
  • edited December 2012
    The fishing is in Sonic Adventure, not Sonic Adventure 2. And, Yes, that WAS dumb.

As for the Final Campaign, yeah, they should have had save points in between, but I think it made for a great climax to the game.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Eh, I agree and disagree. The Sonic levels were good, and the Shadow levels were decent but the Knuckles levels were kind of tedious and some of the others were just dumb. Fishing? Really? My biggest complaint was really the last level though. Once you beat the dark and light campaigns, you still need to beat the final one but its several levels in one with no saving in between and that shit pisses me off.
    There was only fishing in the first Sonic Adventure. And for the final level, each character's segment is shorter than you probably remember, and I believe that the transition between each character serves as a checkpoint.
  • Oh shit yeah you're right about the fishing. Those games kinds of blur together at times. I just remember playing that end segment over and over and getting pissed off when I'd die right before the boss.
  • ...and I believe that the transition between each character serves as a checkpoint.
    A checkpoint, yes, but not a save point.

• Endless space for 10bucks totally worth it, you know you want it.
    *Slaps Neito* Bite your tongue.
    If you can name a level worth playing that's not City Escape, Radical Highway, Metal Harbor, or White Jungle, I'll give you a million space dollars (no cash value).
  • edited December 2012
    Green Forest, duh.

Granted, there are only a few levels in the whole game that I don't like playing, but based on the levels you like Green Forest should definitely be among them.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • You all need to vote for Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams for the next Flash Sale so I can think about getting it. :P

Kthxbai.
  • edited December 2012
    Green Forest, duh.
    *bro-five* Also, Aquatic Mine. That song is great.

Also, this fucking song.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited December 2012
    But really, ROLLING AROUND AT THE SPEED OF SOUND.

Really, just all of SA2's music is awesome.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • edited December 2012
    But really, ROLLING AROUND AT THE SPEED OF SOUND.
    Got places to go. Gotta FOLLOW MY RAINBOW!

Speaking of which, the City Escape level of Sonic Generations was a huge nostalgia bomb for me. I also kinda prefer the SG version of the City Escape music as well.
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • The electronic-y chiptuney remix, or the re-recorded modern one? Both are awesome.
  • Both are awesome.
    Yes, though I was referring more to the Modern one.
  • Got my Steam mobile app notification and email that Hotline Miami is now 50% off. Teh buying.