This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• FTL is $5 so I finally bit the bullet and bought it.
  • Anyone tried the Gianna Sisters? I've heard it was a Kickstarter project that made good on its promises.
  • Anyone tried the Gianna Sisters? I've heard it was a Kickstarter project that made good on its promises.
    I was just gifted it on Steam by a really awesome kind person (Anticitizen Caine). It helped brighten my day a bit. So I'll let you know. Eventually. I've heard good things about it.
  • edited December 2012
    EIYFD-DC5PI-8LWB2

I'll just leave this here. If you take it, quote the message so others know it has been used.
    I've just redeemed that one. Thank you!

Post edited by Churba on
  • edited December 2012
    Anyone tried the Gianna Sisters? I've heard it was a Kickstarter project that made good on its promises.
    It's a platformer that looks nice, has amazing music and at it's core is a solid, good, platformer with not-too-original, but working, world switching mechanic.

I highly recommend it.

Post edited by Apsup on
  • So I've been waiting for a sale to pick up XCOM, but I was expecting a little more substantial cut on it when it hit the daily deal (it's 33% off today). Can anyone remember if there's a precedent for a bigger cut later, eg the last day? If not I may bite the bullet, but I was hoping for it to go a little less...
  • Last day is usually only the most popular daily deals. They never markdown further.
  • So I've been waiting for a sale to pick up XCOM, but I was expecting a little more substantial cut on it when it hit the daily deal (it's 33% off today). Can anyone remember if there's a precedent for a bigger cut later, eg the last day? If not I may bite the bullet, but I was hoping for it to go a little less...
    Bigger cut next year. Brand new games don't get that cheap. Sales are almost always going to be 50% off for new games, Wait for the default price of the game to be cut, and then the sale after that will have it down to $25 or $15.
  • Very true, I just recall seeing other recent releases (Dishonored, for example) getting 40%+ cuts a few days ago, so I held out a bit of hope. Ah well. At least I snagged the $10 NS2.
  • edited December 2012
    There was already a 50% off sale for xcom in a flash sale. Amazon has had the same thing a few times already. It probably won't go down anymore this sale. I was hoping dishonored would have been cheaper but ill just wait some more. I have plenty of games to play now.

Also what is the learning curve on ns2 supposed to be? It seems fairly straightforward and you just get better as you memorize stuff more. I'm not sure if I'm missing something.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • The learning curve on how NS2 works is steep for the first couple of games, then pretty flat (unless you command).

This assumes you're good at FPSing however. FPSing in NS2 is the equivalent of the APM stuff in Starcraft.
  • Yeah I utterly failed the first game then the second one I was near the top with points and kills. It probably helped to play on a rookie server too.
  • If nothing else, just ask your commander what you should be doing and do whatever he says. Try not to die.
  • If nothing else, just ask your commander what you should be doing and do whatever he says. Try not to die.
    That's probably the extent of the training most of the soldiers in the latter parts of World War 1 got.

• I think Rym has lost it, he's responding to himself.
    I had something to say relevant to what I had said!

You could have just edited your post.
  • Just Cause 2, really cheap. One of my favorite sandbox-action-fuck-shit-up-games of all times. Maybe even the favorite.
  • Painkiller HD super cheap for the next hour. Get yourself some old school goodness.
  • Finally! Xcom on GMG, use the 30% off coupon, yadda, yadda, yadda.

That wouldn't be fair. I'm pretty sure you guys have a limit on editing that I don't. ;^)

• First post: 9:57AM
    Second post: 9:58AM

That wouldn't be fair. I'm pretty sure you guys have a limit on editing that I don't. ;^)

The only limit is "Edit it within half an hour", to give Sail's comment relevance.
  • I think Rym has some forum accounts he uses to drum up conversation and forgot to log out. At least that's what Fark posts like that mean:-p
  • I... I haven't bought anything yet this sale. Everything I would want I already have, or it isn't out yet. I guess I could buy a few copies of FTL and send them to people? I dunno.
  • I... I haven't bought anything yet this sale. Everything I would want I already have, or it isn't out yet. I guess I could buy a few copies of FTL and send them to people? I dunno.
    I'm in the same boat. A few people have bought ME things, but I've yet to buy anything for myself.
  • Farming simulator 2013 is up for community vote. You know what you must do.

• edited December 2012
    That video almost made the farming simulator a must buy....

If only it had a hip-hop soundtrack the whole time.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • If any of you guys want to go in on a 4-pack or something and spend a night drinking and racing farm equipment, I am so in.
  • I'm actually strangely interested, now.