This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• Holy fuck, Steam box prototype is amazing
    That's not actually the prototype, that's just a product manufactured by the company that Valve just gave money to design and manufacture a Steam Box.

• Yeah, I still got all mine. What's your steam ID?
    I sent you a message on steam. Cheers :)
  • AmpAmp
    edited January 2013
    Also brought the Witcher 2 when it was on sale, not sure how this will go. Do you still get the fuck cards?

I have DOTA, thank you.
    Post edited by Amp on
  • I need to try playing witcher 2 again, I got kinda bored with it.
  • I loved Witcher, and I've enjoyed Witcher 2 for what I've played of it but I keep getting distracted and then keep going back and starting over...
  • Im about to start now. Hoping that its good and not balls stupid and unintuitive.
  • Whatever that box is, I'm not digging it. Whatever happened to making media devices stackable? I know devices are getting smaller, but it seems like since each new media machine since the Wii is trying to be as narrow and unweildy as possible so it has the honor of going on top of the home theater set up (with the failed boxee box being the worst offender I've seen).

By the time someone gets their third home theater gizmo, their TV stand is going to start looking like some crappy cubism sculpture collection.
  • Whatever that box is, I'm not digging it. Whatever happened to making media devices stackable? I know devices are getting smaller, but it seems like since each new media machine since the Wii is trying to be as narrow and unweildy as possible so it has the honor of going on top of the home theater set up (with the failed boxee box being the worst offender I've seen).

By the time someone gets their third home theater gizmo, their TV stand is going to start looking like some crappy cubism sculpture collection.
    It used to be the standard that everything was "component size" but I think Apple led the big move toward the "make everything as small as possible" standard which has rippled through the rest of the electronic landscape. I can literally carry a Roku, its power cable, and its remote in one pocket with other things in there. It's crazy. The Steam Box should be bigger, though, I think, if only so that it can be upgraded or examined down the line.
  • edited January 2013
    how do you acquire all these free copies :-p
    Valve has a drinking bird over the "SEND OUT DOTA 2 GIFTS TO DOTA 2 OWNERS" button.
    What's so amazing about it?
    Size and sex.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • Whatever that box is, I'm not digging it. Whatever happened to making media devices stackable?
    It should be noted that you can get a mounting bracket for Xi3's computer, which lets you put it on the back of your monitor/TV. I'd get a picture of it, but their site is currently down.
  • http://www.indiegala.com/
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008GWJKE6?tag=childsplaycha-20

Couple of decent game bundles. I got the Indie Gala one as I wanted Deponia and Painkiller. Then trains, Trine, and Magicka. The other one seems pretty neat as well.
  • Spec Ops: The Line is on Midweek Madness. You know what you must do.
  • edited January 2013
    Spec Ops: The Line is on Midweek Madness. You know what you must do.
    Is it still worth playing after the entire plot being spoiled by Fast Karate?
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Haven't listened to that episode yet (and won't until I beat the game), so I can't comment.
    As someone that read the wiki before playing yes yes it is. You need to play this game.
    Doesn't Scott have something to say about spoilers?
  • I feel like if you're the kind of person who cares about spoilers, you've got no business listening to Fast Karate :P
    Doesn't Scott have something to say about spoilers?
    He has something to say about everything. Trust me man-cub.
  • Anyone played The Last Remnant and can say if it is good or not?

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-TLR/the-last-remnant-tm?jan13

Seems kinda neat but not very good reviews.
  • It's a neat idea, but it's certainly not for everyone. The combat system is inscrutable and you can't give specific orders, the game actively discourages grinding(which is a double-edged sword), and the story sometimes just kinda falls to the wayside.

On the other hand, it has a bitchin' soundtrack and you get to heckle Professional Protagonist JOHNNY YONG BOSCH.
  • edited January 2013
    Don't Starve is on sale as a twin pack - 12 bucks for two copies.

Anyone want to split a two-pack?

Also on sale, the best named game ever: Stealth Bastard - Tactical Espionage Arsehole.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited January 2013
    I don't see a twin pack, only one copy for $12 here. Is this bizarro world where Aussies get better deals on games?

Also, Euro Truck Simulator is on sale for $36. I mean come on guys that's like a whole $4 saved on the zenith of modern gaming.
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • edited January 2013
    I'm looking at it right now - "Pre-Purchase Don't Starve!
    Includes two copies of Don't Starve - Send the extra copy to a friend!"

Edit - "Want a new map? No problem! At any time you can generate a new living and breathing world that hates you and wants you to die."

Feels like home already.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I have an extra copy of Don't Starve left over from a gift to a friend, so if someone wants one copy they can trade money or a game for it.
  • What's your price? I can just shoot you the cash with a bank transfer.
  • $5 is fine. The extra gift copy is on my brother's Steam account, so I'll need to add you from there or get an email address.
  • $5 is fine. The extra gift copy is on my brother's Steam account, so I'll need to add you from there or get an email address.
    We have a deal. I'll hit you up on steam in a little bit, once I'm finished what I'm doing at the moment.

• Yeah I got that game a few weeks ago. Its pretty enjoyable, gave the other copy to a friend since he was interested in playing and I owed him one anyway. They're adding a lot of neat things to the game.
  • Xbox live Gold cards are currently $35 on Amazon.com. They are region free, although you have to have an American address to ship too. I'm sure you could work something out with some forumites, should it be needed.