This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• Ro, your emoticons know no bounds!
    I'm stealing them from the internets, but I do love using them. I must find more.
    Very interested in Mass Effect 2 and Fallout 3 bu odds are I will not get to them within the next 6-12 months. Going to wait, as much as I love spending money.
    I wonder, what are the probabilities of them going on a sale like this again? I've never payed attention to Steam Sales until recently. I figure buy now and play later.
  • I figure buy now and play later.
    I can't do this. My brain does not work that way. If I don't play a game instantly and thoroughly, it's not getting played. I have a bunch of untouched games from the early-to-mid 2000s that were ignored because they were bought in lumps of 3-4 at a time.
  • I can't do this. My brain does not work that way. If I don't play a game instantly and thoroughly, it's not getting played. I have a bunch of untouched games from the early-to-mid 2000s that were ignored because they were bought in lumps of 3-4 at a time.
    I have done this before as well, I figure it's better to waste money on something that is $5 instead of $30-$50 on the many console/DS games I've purchased but not touched. I figure I can keep my bad habit, but at a cheaper cost! I don't think the bad habit will ever go away.
  • I have a bunch of untouched games from the early-to-mid 2000s that were ignored because they were bought in lumps of 3-4 at a time.
    I'm in the same boat, and I have continued to purchase games I haven't touched. However, I've been able to get past those urges as of late. Mostly by completing ignoring things like Steam sales. Unless it is something that I absolutely MUST play (like Portal 2, but I can wait for that to get cheaper down the road), I'm going to focus on my 10+ year old backlog.
  • I can't do this. My brain does not work that way. If I don't play a game instantly and thoroughly, it's not getting played. I have a bunch of untouched games from the early-to-mid 2000s that were ignored because they were bought in lumps of 3-4 at a time.
    I have done this before as well, I figure it's better to waste money on something that is $5 instead of $30-$50 on the many console/DS games I've purchased but not touched. I figure I can keep my bad habit, but at a cheaper cost! I don't think the bad habit will ever go away.
    Your reasoning has convinced me to purchase the first Mass Effect.
  • Terraria for $2.50. Probably gonna buy. Also, Portal 2 waiters, today is your day.
  • Terraria for $2.50.
    Score!
  • edited July 2011
    Lordy! They could have used some of today's offers to prop up the other days.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Any thoughts on Sam & Max?
  • Portal 2 offer means that I finally get a co-op partner. About time.
  • Any thoughts on Sam & Max?
    I've played the first season. If you like adventure games and the kind of off kilter sense of humor Lucasarts adventure games had(and the Sam & Max cartoon) you will like it. It absolutely will not change your mind if you do not like the old school adventure game, but it is very good if that is your thing. Also, F1 2010 is on mega sale today, and I quite like that game. F1 2011 is sounding even better, but we won't have that until September.
  • edited July 2011
    Anybody wanna do me a favor and gift me Terraria while its on sale? I'll gift you something of the equivalent price tomorrow, I just can't seem to login here at home with dialup, and the sale will be over when I get a chance to go into town tomorrow.

edit-What the fuck its $5 now!? urg
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • Yeah what gives, I don't remember seeing mid-day price adjustments in the past. Wonder if it was a mistake ?
  • How often does Steam pull games from their library? There are a few non-daily deals that I've been eying, mostly for negligible prices, but I'm starting to feel some guilt from overindulgence. Also, do I bite the bullet and buy the Paradox Pack? Mount and Blade made them one of my new favorite publishers, but I know most of these games are wayy to esoteric for me to ever actually sit down and master. Especially when I have a bazillion other games to play...

GAHH! This last day anxiety is killing me!
  • I thought there was one more day?
  • Yeah, I mean patiently waiting for the last day...
  • Anybody wanna do me a favor and gift me Terraria while its on sale? I'll gift you something of the equivalent price tomorrow, I just can't seem to login here at home with dialup, and the sale will be over when I get a chance to go into town tomorrow.

edit-What the fuck its $5 now!? urg
    Sure thing! I'll let you know what game I want when tomorrow's daily deals are posted.
  • Sorry Steam. You were close to getting me to buy Portal 2 today, but you didn't quite get there.
  • Sorry Steam. You were close to getting me to buy Portal 2 today, but you didn't quite get there.
    Yeah, I'm probably just going to borrow the Xbox game from one of my friends.
  • I was going to snag Retribution, but the price just changed, so fuck that noise.
  • @snicketysnake thanks. If you already did it, thanks and what game do you want? Its not big deal either way since its still on sale.
  • So happy I waited until today to purchase Magicka and Borderlands.
  • @ninjarabbi No problem. I sent it to your rabbininja[at]gmail.com address; I can switch it to another if you want. Vertex dispenser looks like fun. Send it to mail[at]djcrocker.com

I'm having a lot of fun with Terraria; I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
  • Making final decisions:

--VVVVVV
    --Flight Control HD
    --Penny Arcade RPG
    --Garry's Mod
    --Foreign Legion: Buckets Of Blood
    --NyxQuest

Anyone have experience with any of these?
  • VVVVVV - a ridiculously fun (and challenging) platformer, with excellent design. Short game, absolutely worth the $2.50 it's on sale for right now.
    Penny Arcade RPG - Humorous, but only worth your time if you're okay with point-and-click, boring/grindy RPGs. The combo pack is ridiculously cheap, though, so you may as well get it if it interests you at all.
    Garry's Mod - If you like sandboxes (potentially multiplayer sandboxes, if you get a server going), Garry's Mod is definitely worth the $2.50 it's on sale for.

I don't know about the others.
  • edited July 2011
    Right, so, some last day purchases - Just Cause 2 and all the DLC(Let's face it, 25 cents is decent enough for DLC like that), Battlefield 2 complete pack, Terraria(fun so far), Magicka Complete pack, Borderlands GOTY edition, Dirt 3, and the GTA complete pack.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited July 2011
    Final purchases:
    Zen Bound 2 - It looks fun for 70p.
    I-Fluid
    Saira - Made by the Knytt Stories guy.
    Aquaria
    UT2k4 - Wanna blow some stuff up.

Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Weak sale for me, but that's probably just 'cause I already own 'most everything I wanted:

Sanctum
    Splinter Cell: Conviction
    Plants vs. Zombies GOTY
    BIT.TRIP RUNNER
    Bioshock 2
    Atom Zombie Smasher
    SSF IV Arcade Edition (didn't actually go on sale, but it was released during the sale)
  • edited July 2011
    My Haul:

Oblivion GOTY Deluxe $8.50
    Magicka w/ Marshland, Wizard and Nippon DLC $4.72
    Mount & Blade: Warband $7.49
    Deus Ex GOTY $2.50
    Fallout 3 GOTY $10.19
    Hitman: Blood Money $2.50
    Terraria $4.99
    ----------
    $40.88
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • edited July 2011
    I like these sales.

Toki Tori $1.24
    Guns of Icarus $1.25
    Lume $2.38
    Eternity's Child $1
    PA Combo Pack $1.80
    Sanctum 4-Pack $9.86
    Borderlands $4.99
    Magicka $3.39
    Mass Effect 2 $6.80
    Mass Effect - gifted copy
    -------
    $32.71

I'm pretty sure I also bought Jamestown, but I couldn't find my email receipt for it. All-in-all everything under $40 and I predict at least 100 hours of game play.
    Post edited by Rochelle on