This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• I love how my Steam wishlist doesn't actually have the ten games I wish for. I buy most of the games I actually want. Instead, because of the contest, it mostly consists of ten expensive games that I only want for research purposes and would only play if they were cheap/free.
    You can put games that aren't even on sale on your wishlist and you'll be granted them once they come out. You can get games like Rage or Serious Sam 3.
  • You can get games like Rage or Serious Sam 3.
    Oh shit, adding both.
  • You can get games like Rage or Serious Sam 3.
    Oh shit, adding both.
  • I know odds of winning are near-zero, but it doesn't cost anything to try.
  • When I saw Fallout:New Vegas with a franchise sale banner, I expected a complete Fallout sale because well, that's the franchise. Nope, just New Vegas with all it's shitty DLC. I wanted Fallout 3 :(
  • edited July 2011
    I've heard some interesting things about Alpha Protocol, not sure about Frozen Synapse as it's best played multiplayer, probably going to get Mount and Blade.

Keep in mind: Frozen Synapse is a 2 pack.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Mount and Blade: Warband is apparently the best in the series. If you're going to buy only one, I would recommend that.
  • When I saw Fallout:New Vegas with a franchise sale banner,
    I REALLY want to play this game, but I am still holding out for the game of the year edition even though the 2 DLC and game come to a total of 21 dollars... (I know another DLC is coming out in July).
  • What is the matter with those poor people in the third picture. Shit.
    The people in the train are my favorite.
  • Wait, you really REALLY bought that game? I have nothing against it, I've just never met someone that plays that kind of game before.
  • Wait, you really REALLY bought that game? I have nothing against it, I've just never met someone that plays that kind of game before.
    I know a couple of people at my job who are 100% "train people." It's a definite subculture, but unless you are into it yourself, you probably don't meet too many others who are. I'm definitely generalizing here, but it seems to me like they most often come from that midwest/northeastern area of Ohio and Pennsylvania where the economies were really built around industries linked via rail, and are more prone to be exposed to the train culture at a young age b/c of that.
  • edited July 2011
    I really REALLY bought that game, yes. It was only 8 bucks when it was on sale, so how could I not!?
    EDIT: Fun fact: I am not a "train person". Just like how I'm not a "Unicorn Person".
    Post edited by P_TOG on
    The people in the train are my favorite.
    Silent Hill: The Crossing.
  • Just got the Serious Sam pack and alpha Protocol.... damn my 5 dollar rule...... Hopefully nothing today comes up interesting.
  • Repeated small transactions buying a game here and there have caused my bank to call me to check it was me making them. Not such a problem and nice if things were actually going funny.
  • So has anyone played Monday Night Combat? I haven't seen any videos or played any demos, but from what I see of it it seems like another TF2.

I did meet the creators of the game on my way home from PAX East. They live in Seattle. They seemed pretty cool.
  • Not as good as TF2. The PC button setup is pretty odd as well.
  • I enjoy MNC on a skill level more then TF2, I also think that it is generally a better game. It could do with some more play modes perhaps. It's a steal at $3.75, in my opinion.
  • Over the weekend, I forgot how damn fun Rock Band was with my buddies. (As a bit sad as that sounds) Rock Band has really been sweet with releases lately in terms of promised bands and singles, the new SOAD stuff today gave me a real nostalgia bomb.
  • he new SOAD stuff today gave me a real nostalgia bomb.
    If you aren't already rocking out to the Bedroom Intruder song, you aren't rocking out properly.
  • he new SOAD stuff today gave me a real nostalgia bomb.
    If you aren't already rocking out to the Bedroom Intruder song, you aren't rocking out properly.
    It's hard to rock out with a Keyboard. :P
  • Bed Intruder Song
    Now there's something you don't see everyday. That was wonderful.
  • Bed Intruder Song
    Now there's something you don't see everyday. That was wonderful.
    Needs to play nyan.
  • Needs to play nyan.
  • (゚ヮ゚)
  • (゚ヮ゚)
  • I was NOT expecting that.