This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• New Vegas is $10 on Steam. Sold!
    Does that include every possible DLC and such?
  • Does that include every possible DLC and such?
    Ayeeeep.
  • edited August 2011
    New Vegas is $10 on Steam. Sold!
    Argh, any chance you could pick me up a copy in exchange for a similar gift in the future?
    Ayeeeep.
    Aaaanope, though the DLC are similarly discounted.
    Post edited by GreyHuge on
  • Aaaanope, though the DLC are similarly discounted.
    Fuck it then. Also, since I only have the original Fallout 3, and no DLC for that, I think I'm gonna wait for a $10 for every Fallout DLC and New Vegas DLC in one big blob.
  • Aaaanope, though the DLC are similarly discounted.
    Aaaadammit.
  • Terraria 50% off. I just couldn't resist.
  • You can now trade TF2 items for actual Steam games and vice-versa.

I... am not certain how to feel about this. At the moment, I'm somewhere between rage, confusion, and "Well this was only a matter of time".
  • You can now trade TF2 items for actual Steam games and vice-versa.

I... am not certain how to feel about this. At the moment, I'm somewhere between rage, confusion, and "Well this was only a matter of time".
    I read this headline earlier, but now that I've read the details, it's not what I thought it was.

I thought that you would be able to trade in your TF2 crap to get new games. In other words, they were effectively paying people to play TF2 with Steam gift cards. This didn't really make sense to me. The reality is that if you pay real money for a Steam game, you can trade it for hats. Some other person has the hat you need, rather than grind for the hat they want you buy them a game they want in exchange. Valve is still playing money making game.
  • You also can trade games for other games (including ones you got for free, or somehow own two copies of).
  • You also can trade games for other games (including ones you got for free, or somehow own two copies of).
    I got two copies of Portal 1. I'll trade them for any game I don't already have.
  • I've recently been reminiscing about Total Annihilation. Is Supreme Commander that similar?
  • I've recently been reminiscing about Total Annihilation. Is Supreme Commander that similar?
    SupCom 1 is. I like it more than TA but only cause TA could get a bit too crazy ...

SupCom is a beast of a game though. If you're playing multiplayer it can slow down quite a bit depending on the size of the map and how large of a game you prefer. 81km maps with 8 players (ai's and/or pc's) pretty much require everyone to have a beefy system. If you can get those sorts of people together though it is amazing.
  • On the upside, they have introduced something handy - you can buy something as a gift, and then keep it as a gift, rather than having to give it immediately. If you don't end up giving it to the intended recipient - say, a sale comes up and they buy it before you give it to them - you can simply open it yourself, or give it to someone else.
  • On the upside, they have introduced something handy - you can buy something as a gift, and then keep it as a gift, rather than having to give it immediately. If you don't end up giving it to the intended recipient - say, a sale comes up and they buy it before you give it to them - you can simply open it yourself, or give it to someone else.
    Nice! Is this an option when you choose to buy a game as a gift now? I might pick up a few copies of Terraria since it's on sale, to give to people.
  • Nice! Is this an option when you choose to buy a game as a gift now? I might pick up a few copies of Terraria since it's on sale, to give to people.
    I belive so, but you have to be in the TF2 trade Beta, and I'm not quite familiar with how it works, since I've not bought anything and kept it yet - but that's basically how you put games in your steam inventory instead of your library, so there has to be a way to do it or else having a beta of that feature would be literally insane.
  • Just send the gift as an email to yourself.
  • I just realized Total Annihilation is $5 on GOG. I'll be picking up a few copies of that for myself and my friends.
  • Just send the gift as an email to yourself.
    Oh yeah, that would work. Thanks.
  • edited August 2011
    I just realized Total Annihilation is $5 on GOG. I'll be picking up a few copies of that for myself and my friends.
    Ha! I've still got that on CD. That game is terrific and I'm tempted to install it, though I've sworn time and again that I'm done with RTSes.

C:/Cavedog
    C:/Cavedog run
    Post edited by Jason on
  • I've been looking for a way to get the Homeworld games other than shady warez, but no luck. Relic isn't selling them anymore.
  • The torrentwebs is the best way I've found to get Homeworld or Homeworld 2. You might be able to grab a legit copy from eBay.
  • The world is sorely missing a modern Homeworld game
  • Did they fix Multiwinia and if so, worth £2?
  • edited August 2011
    Derp
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • The Counter-Strike franchise is on sale. I'm picking up the CS1 Anthology because I don't have any of those games and it's only $3.74.
  • Also: Brodylands for £5. Make sure to get the GOTY version as it's the same price and includes all the expansions.
  • Fuck yes I can finally play CS:S. I knew it had to get cheap one of these days.
  • Ricochet is also on sale for 1.25 as part of thar. I remember rym and Scott saying it was awesome. If there's enough interest it shoud be trivial to set up a server.
  • I've got it from when I registered my old copy of Half-life one. I don't know if I even played it but I'm up for a game if someone sets up a FRCF server.
  • Make sure to get the GOTY version as it's the same price and includes all the expansions.
    In what world is €7,50 the same as €5,-? Oh wait, probably the same batshit insane world where €1 == $1.