This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• Yosumin is some good stuff. I recommend grabbing it while it's on sale as games from the major Japanese publishers never seem to become quite as cheap as their western counterparts.
  • Steam has been quiet lately. Holiday sales are brewing up some trouble.
    really they just went through a sale of over 100 games for a week..
  • Steam has been quiet lately. Holiday sales are brewing up some trouble.
    My Steam Wishlist is basically my "I'd buy that for a dollar!" list.
  • Some pretty insane deals on indie games

Bit.trip.runner, night sky, NyxQuest: kindred spirits, Swords and Soldiers HD and World of Goo - $10
    Anomoly: warzone earth, Defense Grid: the awakening, revenge of the titans, sanctum and sol survivor - $10
  • Alpha Protocol is $2 on Steam right now. From what I've played it's a very heavy on shooting 3rd person action game/RPG. I'm a sucker for spy stories so I've enjoyed playing it so far despite some cheap deaths. Just know that no matter what, it is nigh impossible to be completely stealthy and you will have to get into big firefights, but it has an open ended nature that could be very interesting depending on how much your character interactions really can change.
  • I just got Alpha Protocol and the Dreamcast Collection. The only game in that pack that couldn't care less about was Pro Bass fishing, but the rest are cool.

Now all I need is a dreamcast controller to USB adapter.
  • I got a cool box for my Super Meat Boy soundtrack CD.
  • Alpha Protocol is $2 on Steam right now. From what I've played it's a very heavy on shooting 3rd person action game/RPG. I'm a sucker for spy stories so I've enjoyed playing it so far despite some cheap deaths. Just know that no matter what, it is nigh impossible to be completely stealthy and you will have to get into big firefights, but it has an open ended nature that could be very interesting depending on how much your character interactions really can change.
    I enjoyed that game a lot.
  • Winter is coming...
  • I got a cool box for my Super Meat Boy soundtrack CD.
    What is a "see-dee"?
  • Winter is coming...
    Yes. Yes it is.
  • Trine is only $5. I recommend it highly.
  • Haha I hope too many of you guys didn't by Trine the other day since if you pay more than the average amount you get the Frozenbyte bundle too.
  • Bought Trine a long time ago. Still haven't gotten two people together to play through it.
  • Bought Trine a long time ago. Still haven't gotten two people together to play through it.
    If it had online support we'd already have done it.
  • If it had online support we'd already have done it.
    Hopefully Trine 2 will fix that.
  • If you do get Frozen Synapse, know that the first mission is hard as balls. They really just throw you to the wolves, but after that one mission the game begins to follow a true difficulty curve. I have played the first 6 or 7 solo missions.

I don't have a great understanding of how the multiplayer works, but I want to say that it is asynchronous? It can take quite a while to plot out a move so this would make a ton of sense. If this is the case, there's no reason to wait. Let's get a game going.
  • I'm looking forward to Frozen Synapse... after I reach Commander in STO and christen the U.S.S. Blumpkin-B.
  • Oh wait, is that Four Swords DS download out TODAY!?
  • Also, Binding of Issac is out today, which is by some other guy and half of Team Meat.

• Oh wait, is that Four Swords DS download out TODAY!?
    And free until February! No complaints here. Looks like you can play single player and control 2 heroes, or play via DS Wireless Play with up to four peoples.

Hehehe. Time to be troll the bf. :D
  • They should port Four Swords Adventures to the DS as well.
  • Binding of Issac
    Has anyone bought this? I just need a simple yes or no on whether it's worth buying.
  • Not buying any games until holiday sale. Except for pre-ordered games, which I think is just Skyward Sword at this point.
  • that Four Swords DS download
    What is this? DS or DSi?
  • What is this? DS or DSi?
    DSiWare for DSi, DSiXL, and 3DS.
  • Binding of Issac
    Has anyone bought this? I just need a simple yes or no on whether it's worth buying.
    I did. It's basically twin-stick shooter roguelike zelda with art from one of the guys who did Super Meat Boy. It's a lot of fun.
  • I don't think I'm even buying any games this holiday sale. I seriously stocked up over the past two sales and now have a large backlog in PC gaming that rivals my console backlogs. I say this now. My wallet will be weak. Last sale I went a bit overboard because a writing advance landed in my paypal account right as it started. (writing is not my actual profession, so this money is typically my "fun" budget).
  • I don't think I'm even buying any games this holiday sale. I seriously stocked up over the past two sales and now have a large backlog in PC gaming that rivals my console backlogs. I say this now. My wallet will be weak. Last sale I went a bit overboard because a writing advance landed in my paypal account right as it started. (writing is not my actual profession, so this money is typically my "fun" budget).
    My PC backlog is like 150 games.. Unless one of the game of the year editions comes out suddenly really cheap (Like Fallout 3: New Vegas or Dragon Age II) I'll probably attempt not to buy anything.... Though... we know how that works out.