This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• I know a bunch of you have played it so I'll ask: Is Red Orchestra 2 worth $20?
  • I'm waiting for it to drop lower.
  • I am thinking about getting Saints Row 3 if it goes on sale, anyone interested in co-oping it with me?
  • I am thinking about getting Saints Row 3 if it goes on sale, anyone interested in co-oping it with me?
    Games that aren't even a little bit on sale right now are unlikely to get a daily deal, unfortunately. You'll probably have to wait until the Christmas sale to see any reduction in price.
  • edited November 2011
    Got some really good deals at Walmart tonight for the Flack Friday deals. I got Battlefield 3, Gears 3, and the Arkham City/Arkham Asylum bundle all for $28 a pop, Epic Micky for $15, and the Zelda Controller bundle for $60. And by I got, I mean my Mom bought me for Christmas and I have no shame about that. If only I didn't have to wait...

So yeah if anyone hasn't gone you might want to now...
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
    Games that aren't even a little bit on sale right now are unlikely to get a daily deal, unfortunately. You'll probably have to wait until the Christmas sale to see any reduction in price.
    That's what I figured, then all of a sudden L.A. Noir was 50% off.
  • Well, Deus Ex went on sale. Is the DLC worth it?
  • Fuck! Now Nintendo releases a Zelda 3DS...
  • I'm not sure if any of you guys have it in your area, but the Goodwill down here has a computer store that focuses on refurbished computers, gaming systems, laptops and games. Super cheap. I just picked up a 19" flat screen Samsung monitor for $45 and a gamecube w/ cords and a controller for $25.
  • Well, Deus Ex went on sale. Is the DLC worth it?
    It's more Deus Ex. Very little of the branching talking going on though and a lot of the internet doesn't like that.
  • My Goodwill store has a GameCube listed for $65.
  • Got Mass Effect 2 for $5, so far it's been worth it.
  • Got Mass Effect 2 for $5, so far it's been worth it.
    Great game. I wish the DLC was also on sale, but you have to go through EA to get it.
  • Oh shit, Vurlve sale! (also, they finally pre-populate my birthdate when I visit a page for an M-rated game! Not as good as just going to the page, but way better than forcing me to put it in every time)
  • Oh shit, Vurlve sale! (also, they finally pre-populate my birthdate when I visit a page for an M-rated game! Not as good as just going to the page, but way better than forcing me to put it in every time)
    Shit, there goes my joke about valve showing how much they care for you, when they can remember your credit card details but not your date of birth.

Shit, there goes my joke about valve showing how much they care for you, when they can remember your credit card details but not your date of birth.

I think the stupid law requires you put it in every time.

• I think the stupid law requires you put it in every time.
    I figure it was probably something like that, but I wasn't that invested in the joke to find out the actual reason.
  • Arkham City isn't on sale anymore. Guess I'll be waiting for that. On the other hand, there's a new Silent Hunter game. I played the hell out of SH4, so I'm sorely tempted. Also, has anyone played Tropico?
  • Arkham City isn't on sale anymore. Guess I'll be waiting for that. On the other hand, there's a new Silent Hunter game. I played the hell out of SH4, so I'm sorely tempted. Also, has anyone played Tropico?
    I have the third one, it's a pretty entertaining sim game, it's got it's entertaining bits, but it's just that, another sim.

I think the stupid law requires you put it in every time.

No law, at least AFAIK. It was a ESRB thing. I dunno if Steam is different enough in Aus for that to have chaged.
  • No law, at least AFAIK. It was a ESRB thing. I dunno if Steam is different enough in Aus for that to have chaged.
    Bar the prices, it's practically identical. The prices are even listed in US dollars, for some reason.
  • Bar the prices, it's practically identical. The prices are even listed in US dollars, for some reason.
    Weird, ours are definitely in Euros.
  • Bar the prices, it's practically identical. The prices are even listed in US dollars, for some reason.
    Weird, ours are definitely in Euros.
    And the UK prices are in Pounds, but for some strange reason, ours have always been USD, as far as I know.

• Also, has anyone played Tropico?
    I have Tropico 3 and 4. Visually they're practically the same thing but there's extra buildings, staff, and side missions in 4 that make it flow better and more enjoyable than 3. I think you can still try the demo if you're on the fence for it.
  • Limbo's a fun game and worth the 2.50 it's at right now.

Civ 5: worth ten bucks?
  • Civ 5: worth ten bucks?
    Emphatically yes.
  • Have they fixed the multi-player yet? I remember Scrym complaining about it pretty heavily.
  • I heard they patched it, but I haven't tried playing with anyone recently.
    The game is worth it anyways.
  • I don't own Beyond Good and Evil anymore, and it's a great game, and it's on sale for $7, so I'm going to get that. Also going to get Star Wars Battlefront II, which is $6 at the moment, which I never played as much as the original Battlefront but is pretty much a straight-up improvement and expansion on the first in every way and it's worth it to not have to dig around for the discs to replay.

Also, if you don't have Psychonauts, it's $5 and you should get it. It also now works on Mac.
  • Does anyone know of some good PS3 bundle deals? I've got an older 360 that still works fine but I'm thinking of expanding.