This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• Is anyone else having trouble getting in to their Steam inventory? I can't see what I got from Gaben Clause.
    Yep, that and rampant 503 errors.
  • Every single game on Steam.

EVERY
    SINGLE
    GAME
    ON
    STEAM.

This can only end in tears and neckbeards.

• Every single game on Steam includes that crazy train game and EVERY DLC.
  • What would the tax situation on something like that be?
  • I actually met both people who created one of the games that is currently on sale. Show some love to two really cool dudes over at Cipherprime with Fractal.
  • Every single game on Steam includes that crazy train game and EVERY DLC.
    I NEED TO WIN.
  • Is there anyone here who has not played Portal 1? First come first serve.
  • I'm glad that having a Mac makes it hard for Steam to hurt me. Beyond that, I've also implemented the Knoxian Stack Method to prevent me from getting new games that I don't need or have time for.

Knoxian Stack Method:
    1) Take chosen media and define stacks (for me, I put video games into one stack per console)
    2) For each stack, play only the item on top of the stack until completion* ("attack only one!")
    3) When you purchase a new item, it automatically goes to the top of the stack, no exceptions!** (this is the key part that prevents frivolous purchases)

* "Completion" is defined as when the person using said item is satisfied with it to the point of not wanting to use it any longer (so either finishing or quitting)
    ** In the case where more than one item is purchased at one time, order items in terms of preference, but all items still go on top of the stack
  • I have defeated the last three or so Steam sales by simply not desiring any more games.
  • I have defeated the last three or so Steam sales by simply not desiring any more games.
    I have defeated them by having a computer that doesn't like to run anything too new.

• edited December 2011
    Okay, so I got a 25% off coupon for valve games. Since Portal2 is already 75% off, do I get it for free?

No, stupid question.

In any event, I currently don't desire games.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Hah, I got Valve -50 coupon. Sadly there isn't anything I'd like to use it. I already have all the interesting Valve games.
  • edited December 2011
    Save it for after E3, when they announce Valve's first ever game with a '3' in it.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • Won't work. The coupon is only good for games published before 1.1.2012.
  • I have a 50% off Valve coupon. Already own every Valve game.
    And is only valid between Second of January and March first next year.
  • Save it for after E3, when they announce Valve's first ever game with a '3' in it.
    I heard the email where Gabe supposedly said that turned out to be fake.

• Well you can always trade the coupon to TF2 hats.
  • Save it for after E3, when they announce Valve's first ever game with a '3' in it.
    They will name the game something different to avoid using the number 3.
    Considering the number of game series that Valve owns with 2 as the latest entry, it wouldn't bee too surprising that they announce something with 3 in it.

Then what good is a Valve coupon? You can't use them until after the sale, and all of their games are already 50% off.
    Considering the number of game series that Valve owns with 2 as the latest entry, it wouldn't bee too surprising that they announce something with 3 in it.

This.
    Also, got a copy of Day of Defeat. Which I already have. Anyone want it?

• Also, got a copy of Day of Defeat. Which I already have. Anyone want it?
    Original or source?

• Also, got a copy of Day of Defeat. Which I already have. Anyone want it?
    Original or source?

Source.
    They will name the game something different to avoid using the number 3.
    Half-Life 2:Episode 2: Part 2

• edited December 2011
    I got a 50% off valve games coupon, but I have all of them. Anyone want Portal 2 or CS:S or something?
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • I have an extra copy of Half Life 2 and Half Life 2: Lost Coast and a 50% off coupon for GTA San Andreas. If anyone wants one of these I'm pretty much willing to give them away. Just send me a message.
  • Whoah, Best Buy has Metroid: Other M for $4.99