This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• Looks like it's EDGE. I have a feeling that the unavailability is just an error on Steam's part.
  • What is this game in the Steam sale today that is not available in the US region?
    Edge.
  • Nice! For a second I felt the horrible pain it was to live in a wasteland Australia.
  • Nice! For a second I felt the horrible pain it was to live in a wasteland Australia.
    Were spiders hiding in your shoes?
  • edited December 2011
    If you do not own Binding of Isaac after today, I will slap you though the internet.
    Post edited by Sail on
    Were spiders hiding in your shoes?
    So many spiders.
  • If you do not own Binding of Isaac after today, I will slap you though the internet.
  • Add one more to the Binding of Isaac recommendations. The game is worth it for $5, it was in a Humble Bundle at one point, the regular sale price is $2.50, and right now it's $1.25. You have no excuse to not have it now. I've sunk 18 hours into this game, and I've heard of others who have played it even more.
  • If you need to actually know what the game is like, think Roguelike Smash TV with a South Park style humor.
  • The game is far better when you have no idea what to expect, imo.
  • but that becomes a catch-22; some people won't buy it until they know what to expect.
  • $1.25. You spend more on a soda at lunch. And this game will bring you approximately 18 hours more enjoyment.
  • I played some Binding last night... it didn't really grab me. Just seemed a bit dull and repetitive, although the art style was fun and the "story" was cleverly dark.

It's going back on "the shelf" of unplayed Steam games for a bit, but I do plan on revisiting it eventually.
  • So I bought Binding of Isaac, with the Soundtrack. Oh yeah, I DID get a Coupon for something useful, 33% off Saints Row 3. Anyone want to trade?
  • I have the following coupons
    I already own the game:
    Braid - 50%
    Risen - 75%
    Arcania: Gothic4 - 50%
    Call Of Duty4: Modern Warfare - 75%
    Valve: 50% and 25%

Games I don't have but not that interested in:
    Football Manger 2012 - 33%
    The Wonderful EndoftheWorld -50%
    The Ball - 50%
  • I bought the Binding of Isaac last night... Maybe it was the colors, the map, the minimap or the bombs, but somehow while playing it, I started remember Zelda 1. Good times, good times.
    Now, to try to get the elusive coal in that game.
  • I've beaten the Krampus in Isaac a few times. You need to be pretty experienced to win. Especially because he comes right after a boss room, so you've probably used your spacebar-item on the boss. He is a bit like The Fallen, but the delays before his attacks are significantly shorter.
  • I've beaten the Krampus in Isaac a few times. You need to be pretty experienced to win. Especially because he comes right after a boss room, so you've probably used your spacebar-item on the boss. He is a bit like The Fallen, but the delays before his attacks are significantly shorter.
    Tried to find Krampus last night. Got two devil rooms one after another but no Krampus. Gotta try again tonight.

• It seems like, if you've unlocked Cain, that's the way to go, because he's luckier.
  • I'm definitely into playing more Binding of Issac BUT I was not going to put up with something that occurs pretty much randomly sooooo I may have edited a serial.txt file one digit and the achievement appeared!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm definitely into playing more Binding of Issac BUT I was not going to put up with something that occurs pretty much randomly sooooo I may have edited a serial.txt file one digit and the achievement appeared!
    I'm not usually into circumventing challenges in games, but I still have plenty of games to play to gather all that coal, and so little time... so that seems the way to go.

Also, yesterday night I bought a installed Dungeon Defenders. Now that I see that their challenge is all about, I think it is near impossible for me to get that achievement. Heh, I didn't even beat the second level on the campaign on my first try.

I think I will try the team fortress one next, that seems like an easy one.

Post edited by Dincu on
  • I got a gift in CounterStrike.

Actually, I got like 100 of them, as they came out of almost everyone I killed.
  • Anyone ever play Spacechem? It's on sale on Steam, curious about buying it.
    Best WIN!
  • Is Civ V worth ten bucks? Or, more importantly, is Civ V GotY worth 17?
    Best WIN!
    On the list it goes.
  • Is Civ V worth ten bucks? Or, more importantly, is Civ V GotY worth 17?
    Only if you only want to play single player.

• It's been forever since I've played Civ, so I'll probably get a good long run out of the single player before it gets boring.
  • Also, I just realized. There's no "Free" achievement today; they all require paid games.
  • Deus Ex for sixteen is not a bad deal.