This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• WASD moves you in the standard screen up, down, left, right, a la Quake. The point of the game is to rack up points by scoring Hugs (gained by being close to buildings, gained at an increasing rate as you get closer to the building), Kisses (by being near a building for the first time), Bystander Interactions (flip-it glove), Graffiti (by the graffiti powerup), Scoring Plates, and not dying.
  • My friend just turned 21 coal into three 25% off Valve coupons!
  • My friend just turned 21 coal into three 25% off Valve coupons!
    FOOL

• I've got 50% off Valve, evil Genius, Toki Tori, Sam and Max Complete, and The Witcher. I've got 10, 25, and 33% off Sega, ID and Valve respectively, with two of the latter. If anyone wants one, just say.
  • Can somebody explain "AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome" to me? I loaded it up and it tells me to use WASD or the arrow keys but they don't appear to be doing anything. The mouse lets me sort of look around but otherwise I have zero idea WTF I am doing in this game.

A list of the less than descriptive Objectives and how to accomplish them would also be helpful.
    I would recommend punching up some YouTube gameplay videos or at least watching the game trailer on its steam page. Probably best way to learn what you are supposed to be doing.
  • edited January 2012
    I did go the YouTube route and knabbed a few more coal last night. However the falling game still eludes my understanding.
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • Shogun Total War 2 for $7.49 and Bastion for $5.09? Yes please!
  • The falling game finally let me use my xbox controller and now it makes sense.
  • Seriously, if you don't have payday the heist, fuckin' get it before the encore day for the sale ends. It's like Left4dead 2, combined with every great heist movie you've ever seen. It's a must-have.
  • Did anyone here win?
  • edited January 2012
    Did anyone here win?
    It doesn't draw for 40 minutes yet. That said, here's hoping.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • OMG GUYS EVERY GAME EVER IS NOT IN MY STEAM LIBRARY!!!!

Nah, just kidding.
  • So, you won, eh?
  • Hey, what do you know. My coals are gone.
  • edited January 2012
    ahhh... I didn't win anything... I knew I shouldn't have craft those 7 coals into a coupon, heh.
    Post edited by Dincu on
  • The guys who did Super Stickman Golf have a new game out on iOS today, Lunar Racer. I know nothing about it, but it's $0.99 for the launch sale and they more than earned another dollar out of me for the great fun I had w/ SSG.
  • Indie Royale New Year's Bundle

Are any of these games any good? Nuclear Dawn and Super Cross fire seem MAYBE interesting?
  • Indie Royale New Year's Bundle

Are any of these games any good? Nuclear Dawn and Super Cross fire seem MAYBE interesting?
    No idea, but "Beautiful Lifestyle" is worth every penny.
  • Internet said Nuclear Dawn is worth the price alone. I bought the bundle, but haven't played anything other than Beautiful Lifestyle yet.
  • So, did anyone here buy a downloadable game from Amazon in November or December? If so, you have a $5 coupon sitting in your email good for more downloadable games. Right now Civ V and Civ IV GOTY are on sale at 8.99 each, so if you don't have those games, pick 'em up.
  • edited January 2012
    Right now, Play.com has BF3 going for £18. Ends at midnight.
    That and other deals here.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Is it the digital download version?
  • Is it the digital download version?
    Nah, it's the disk, but you don't really need the disk, you can just plug the code into origin and download it. Or, alternatively, you can install off the disk, then never use the disk again.

• edited January 2012
    Is it the digital download version?
    Doesn't look like it - it mentions shipping and delivery charges several times on the product page. You'll have to wait for the actual copy to arrive, but once you have the serial number it's no different than a digital download copy.

Edit: Churba is a ninja.
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • There's a HUGE PC game sale at Amazon. I really want to get something, but I'm not sure if there are any good games here.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?tag=cheapassgam08-20&docId=1000768951

Is Civ V worth 8 bucks?
  • Is Civ V worth 8 bucks?
    If you want to play it solo then yes.

• Humble Bundle for Android (and Windows, Mac, and Linux):

http://www.humblebundle.com/
  • Is Civ V worth 8 bucks?
    If you want to play it solo then yes.

• So I'm assuming that Civ V's multiplayer is garbage? I'm looking forward to solo play, but I'm not aware of why multiplayer is terrible.
  • So I'm assuming that Civ V's multiplayer is garbage? I'm looking forward to solo play, but I'm not aware of why multiplayer is terrible.
    It's poorly implemented, due to not having a defined turn order. It used to be slow and crash all the time, but that's supposed to have been patched.