This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• I'm considering dropping it since I do not do much multiplayer gaming on Live anymore (mostly PC), and use the PS3 for Netflixing.
  • edited February 2012
    I'm probably dropping to silver and never looking back. I don't use gold anymore really.
    I've been using it for Netflix instead of Boxee for one reason. They fixed it so surround sound actually works, no way it will ever work in Boxee Netflix. When I cancel Netflix because of finishing the top 250 I will also cancel the Gold.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I have a 3-day pass for Trackmania 2: Canyon if anybody wants to give that sucker a try.
  • I have a 3-day pass for Trackmania 2: Canyon if anybody wants to give that sucker a try.
    GIMME DAT. Imma eat play it.
    Gimme dat email and it's yours!
    Gimme dat email and it's yours!
    BAM. MESSAGE SYSTEM.
  • This past week I canceled both Gamefly and Xbox Live Gold. I have way too many Steam games to play, and I don't want to keep pissing money away on services I don't use.
  • This past week I canceled both Gamefly and Xbox Live Gold. I have way too many Steam games to play, and I don't want to keep pissing money away on services I don't use.
    I plan to not renew Xbox Live.

1. I don't use the multiplayer.
    2. The Youtube app is conspicuously a walled garden.
    3. Netflix works fine on the HTPC.

I have a free Gamefly account SOLELY because they bought D2D, and I happen to own a single D2D game. Oh, but they won't let me download said game from Gamefly.

I might threaten to sue if I don't get a refund, then cancel the free account. I have no desire to ever actually use Gamefly, and the failure of D2D only strengthens my resolve to never buy games digitally except through Steam.

• the failure of D2D only strengthens my resolve to never buy games digitally except through Steam.
    Well, the Humble Bundle digital distribution is pretty ideal. They're supposedly opening up a Humble Store where you can buy non-bundled games for a fixed price with no DRM.
  • I really only buy Humble Bundles because a lot of them have Steam keys.
  • I really only buy Humble Bundles because a lot of them have Steam keys.
    I'm actually really digging the current one because of the Android builds. So awesome for my HP TouchPad w/ Android 4.0. I couldn't see buying it if I only had iOS devices, though - If you've been keeping up with the Humble Bundles, you've got PC builds for these games already.
  • edited February 2012
    I don't see why Netflix doesn't keep a more consistent stream of good content. Stop leasing all the shit B movies and keep a smaller collection of good movies. If it wasn't for the fact that the account is my girlfriends it would already be closed. I've already closed mine twice because there is just no point in keeping it open.

They just need a better strategy if they want to keep getting people's money.

EDIT: Although I will say Netflix on the Xbox with Kinect is fun just because of the sheer laziness factor.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • The android bundle games are really awesome.
  • I don't see why Netflix doesn't keep a more consistent stream of good content.
    They want to, but the content owners are pulling back from Netflix because they're not getting enough money from it. I'm not sure what the future holds in this realm. Netflix and content owners are fighting, and the loser is the consumer.
  • I don't see why Netflix doesn't keep a more consistent stream of good content. Stop leasing all the shit B movies and keep a smaller collection of good movies. If it wasn't for the fact that the account is my girlfriends it would already be closed. I've already closed mine twice because there is just no point in keeping it open.
    Probably not Netflixes fault, blame the companies that own all the good content and dislike the idea that people could access them with reasonable price.

• I don't see why Netflix doesn't keep a more consistent stream of good content.
    They want to, but the content owners are pulling back from Netflix because they're not getting enough money from it. I'm not sure what the future holds in this realm. Netflix and content owners are fighting, and the loser is the consumer.
    That's upsetting. I like the idea of Hulu Plus if it was more than just a small extension to Hulu. I tried the free month and all the stuff I wanted to watch on my Xbox was only available on the website. Now I have my PC in my room so I just use the regular service. The more stringent content owners are the less money they are going to be making.

• edited February 2012
    I don't see why Netflix doesn't keep a more consistent stream of good content. Stop leasing all the shit B movies and keep a smaller collection of good movies. If it wasn't for the fact that the account is my girlfriends it would already be closed. I've already closed mine twice because there is just no point in keeping it open.
    Probably not Netflixes fault, blame the companies that own all the good content and dislike the idea that people could access them with reasonable price.

Last time I heard Starz/HBO and the like where on a campaign to destroy Netflix because apparently it was to awesome of a service.
    Post edited by highdefinition on
  • I'm not sure about Starz but if you are on a HBO subscriber you can stream their content on the HBO Go site which also has a mobile app that allows streaming as well.
  • It's going to take me months to get through Star Trek, so I'm pretty sure Netflix has got me for a long time...
  • Netflix is also great if you're a fan of the Greatest Movie Ever podcast
  • edited February 2012
    If you think more point and click adventure games should be made, pledge some money to Double Fine Productions and Tim Schafer and Ron Gilbert will make one.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Plants vs. Zombies is $2 right now on steam. If you don't already own it I'd say its worth picking up. I played the shit out of it when it first came out.
  • Everyone should own PvZ. Especially at that price.
  • Agree about PvZ, must play.
  • Dungeon Defenders is $3 on Amazon today.
  • Indie Royale has their valentines sale going on right now too.
  • Dungeon Defenders is $3 on Amazon today.
    It's worth it, that shit is crazy.

• Dungeon Defenders is... good with friends. Not so great a game without the peoples.
  • Dungeon Defenders is... good with friends. Not so great a game without the peoples.
    I'll agree with that, but it's kinda designed that way. You can play solo, but it's usually not going to end well, you'd have to be ridiculously good and lucky to win it, with good ranged capability, especially on the later maps - it gets to be just too much to handle, you can only move so fast.
  • Eh, solo was not hard for me as an apprentice. But I'm also referring to the general public players I've run into. It just wasn't as fun without the shared experience of only playing with people I knew.