This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• Eh, solo was not hard for me as an apprentice. But I'm also referring to the general public players I've run into. It just wasn't as fun without the shared experience of only playing with people I knew.
    Yeah, I'll admit, I generally don't - A mate gifted it to me, and I generally play with him and other old mate.

It's worth buying if you have at least one person to play with. That said, though, I'll play with anyone in the FRCF who asks.
  • I bought it a while ago and finally got around to it. Anyone interested in playing sometime this week?
  • I bought it a while ago and finally got around to it. Anyone interested in playing sometime this week?
    If I'm online, I'm usually up for it, if you don't have me on steam already, I'm not hard to find - Churba_inc

• Free game called Brawl Busters just appeared on Steam. Looks like Power Stone...
  • Has anyone done an exposé on the whole Youtube walled garden business? Someone really should, because that shit's just terrible.
  • Has anyone done an exposé on the whole Youtube walled garden business? Someone really should, because that shit's just terrible.
    WTF are you talking about?
  • edited February 2012
    Er, wrong term. How do you describe Youtube's "different content on different devices" scheme?

EDIT: In reference to this post from the last page:
    2. The Youtube app is conspicuously a walled garden. [on Xbox]
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • Er, wrong term. How do you describe Youtube's "different content on different devices" scheme?
    "Bullshit"
  • Er, wrong term. How do you describe Youtube's "different content on different devices" scheme?

The thing is that the person who posts the video has the majority of th control of that. When you post video you can choose for it to be available everywhere or not, depending on your use of copyrighted material. It just happens that a lot of the people that use the YouTube partner program disable it from being viewed on mobile devices as there is no ad revenue there.
  • Free game called Brawl Busters just appeared on Steam. Looks like Power Stone...
    When are we going to break this trend of everything being class based instead of customize able

The thing is that the person who posts the video has the majority of th control of that. When you post video you can choose for it to be available everywhere or not, depending on your use of copyrighted material. It just happens that a lot of the people that use the YouTube partner program disable it from being viewed on mobile devices as there is no ad revenue there.

I've also never seen a Youtube app that let you see a user page that I can recall or that allowed playlists. It's why if you're going to use a non computer set tox box for web content, Google TV is the best way, but even then stuff like Hulu blocks you.
  • I've also never seen a Youtube app that let you see a user page that I can recall or that allowed playlists. It's why if you're going to use a non computer set tox box for web content, Google TV is the best way, but even then stuff like Hulu blocks you.
    The Android app lets you view user pages and playlists.
    Also, micro transactions.
  • It also appears that when you buy things using the in-game points, you loose them after a number of days.
  • edited February 2012
    Free game called Brawl Busters just appeared on Steam. Looks like Power Stone...
    When are we going to break this trend of everything being class based instead of customize able
    That's one thing I like about call of duty. While much of its playerbase is assholes and its broken when it comes to unlockables, the fact that you can customize so much is nice instead of being stuck with defaults like in TF2.
    It also appears that when you buy things using the in-game points, you loose them after a number of days.
    While I would be pissed if I actually bought items in-game. That could make it a bit more even except for the uber rich/bad with money.

Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • edited February 2012
    That's one thing I like about call of duty. While much of its playerbase is assholes and its broken when it comes to unlockables, the fact that you can customize so much is nice instead of being stuck with defaults like in TF2.
    I'm not sure exactly what you mean? You're not stuck with the defaults. Every class has a bunch of random-drop gear that changes play. And if you're going to discard it for being random drop, then COD gets the flick too, you can't customize without going through the bullshit unlock system.

Post edited by Churba on
  • Oh I know, but I just meant that games like TF2 have a much more defined set of classes while COD is just sort of whatever you decide to do. I just wish it was "here's a bunch of guns and shit, so go nuts!" and not any of that unlocking bullshit. I just like having a bunch of shit I can customize.
  • edited February 2012
    Oh I know, but I just meant that games like TF2 have a much more defined set of classes while COD is just sort of whatever you decide to do. I just wish it was "here's a bunch of guns and shit, so go nuts!" and not any of that unlocking bullshit. I just like having a bunch of shit I can customize.
    Oh, now I get where you're coming from - Yeah, that's true, but that's mostly a function of the gameplay as designed. COD goes for breadth, you can customize what you like, because it's got all the depth of a mud puddle. TF2 is narrower, and you can't customize as much(at least, as much that affects play, hats don't count) but it's a deeper game, each class and weapon having a counter, and every counter having a counter, along with teamwork, communication, and strategy. CS? It's about a centimeter wide, a millimeter deep, and is nothing more than baby's first FPS.

Post edited by Churba on
  • Oh I know, but I just meant that games like TF2 have a much more defined set of classes while COD is just sort of whatever you decide to do. I just wish it was "here's a bunch of guns and shit, so go nuts!" and not any of that unlocking bullshit. I just like having a bunch of shit I can customize.
    CS? It's about a centimeter wide, a millimeter deep, and is nothing more than baby's first FPS.
    Oh here we go...

• No one is mentioning the new offer from http://www.humblebundle.com/ "Mojang is tackling a real-time strategy shoot 'em up with a steampunk ancient Egypt theme!" Donating also gets you a "Post Apocalyptic World War II Dungeon Crawler Beat 'em Up" by Oxeye Games.
  • edited February 2012
    No one is mentioning the new offer from http://www.humblebundle.com/ "Mojang is tackling a real-time strategy shoot 'em up with a steampunk ancient Egypt theme!" Donating also gets you a "Post Apocalyptic World War II Dungeon Crawler Beat 'em Up" by Oxeye Games.
    apparently you can only put money towards the charities when you pay which seems odd considering the amount of time and energy they are putting into this
    Post edited by highdefinition on
  • They wanted it that way. They're doing the code jam expressly for charity.
  • Guys, not sure if anyone cares, but Call of Duty; Modern Warfare 3 is having a free weekend on Steam.
  • edited February 2012
    Guys, not sure if anyone cares, but Call of Duty; Modern Warfare 3 is having a free weekend on Steam.
    I considered having a giggle with it, but I just couldn't be bothered. I honestly just don't really enjoy the way the MW series multiplayer plays.

I'll play the singleplayer for the grand set-pieces, the spectacle, and the absurd blazing bonfire of testosterone that series runs on, an amusing distraction for a few hours, but I just can't be arsed with the multiplayer.

Post edited by Churba on
  • Haven't Steamed in awhile. Seems like New Vegas Ultimate Edition is out, for $40. Next sale that price will probably drop.
  • Guys, not sure if anyone cares, but Call of Duty; Modern Warfare 3 is having a free weekend on Steam.
    I considered having a giggle with it, but I just couldn't be bothered. I honestly just don't really enjoy the way the MW series multiplayer plays.

I'll play the singleplayer for the grand set-pieces, the spectacle, and the absurd blazing bonfire of testosterone that series runs on, an amusing distraction for a few hours, but I just can't be arsed with the multiplayer.

They have a horde mode that is kind of decent if you enjoy that.
  • I apparently have a friend key for Tribes: Ascend, now. Anyone want it?
  • I would've taken it if one of the bros from /r/anime hadn't just hooked me up.
  • I'm game
    One beta key for the Omar!