This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• Just go with the controller, it's more arcade than simulation.
  • You don't drive as another rally driver, you drive as yourself. The banter is like, say Tanner Foust slams into Ken Blocks car during a turn, you'll hear over the "radio" "Hey! Watch it Tanner!" "Sorry Ken, I kinda lost it on that one." "Well you're paying for that one."
    Ah well. Anyway, for laughs, Here is the video of Tapper being stared down by someone's brown eye.
  • edited November 2010
    Just go with the controller, it's more arcade than simulation.
    Definitely more arcade, but the physics is pretty good. Anyway, I used to use a steering wheel and pedal set, but now that I'm low on physical space, I use the keyboard. I've found that the keyboard is much more accurate in terms of control.

Actually, DO use the controller. It'll be interesting to see who wins more: keyboard or controller.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I have Dirt 2 as well, but my wired 360 controller is on the fritz, so I'll start it once I get that dealt with.

Super Meat Boy preorder isn't letting me install yet and it was supposed to open 25 minutes ago. WANT NOW.
  • Oh snap! I'd forgotten about that. Today I get my university results for the semester and Super Meat Boy.
  • @Sonic: It should always be controller superior to keyboard as you're going from anolog to anolog instead of digital to anolog. However, it is much easier to code bad controller input.
  • edited November 2010
    Oh SMB comes out today? FUCK. I have to watch an anime for tomorrow.

Anyone played Dungeon Defenders? Is it a good tower defense?
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I wonder if I need to get some kind of controller for my PC for SMB. I guess I'll find out.
  • I wonder if I need to get some kind of controller for my PC for SMB. I guess I'll find out.
    XBox controller.
    XBox controller.
    Don't cheap out and get a MadCatz one either. Mine's shitting all over itself right now.
    XBox controller.
    Don't cheap out and get a MadCatz one either. Mine's shitting all over itself right now.
    Yeah, get the real deal.
  • Is anybody else unable to download SMB?

It was released nearly an hour ago, but I am still unable to download it.
    XBox controller.
    Yeah, get the real deal.
    I will, once I've determined it's a necessity.
  • I'm thinking of replacing my wired XB3 controller with a Dual Shock 3. Someone's made a program that lets it fake an XB3 controller so I can have my racing games and a D-Pad that works.
  • I have only wireless Xbox controller and I'll wait until they release the new model with non sucky d-pad before I buy another one. I just have to hope that SMB likes my playstation controller adapter.
  • I just watched a video of Dungeon Defenders.

That looks so fuckin' cool. Like a cross between a defense game, Gauntlet and Diablo. Sign me up.
  • edited November 2010
    Is there a current solution that has a non-sucky D-Pad and actually works?
    I guess there's what Omnutia mentioned, though it seems annoying to need extra software.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Is there a current solution that has a non-sucky D-Pad and actually works?
    I'm personally waiting for the improved XBox controller with better d-pad. For Pac-Man CE DX I just use my Street Fighter Tournament Stick.
  • edited November 2010
    PS2 controller via adapter is the usual. You can get adapters for most controllers but none of them have rumble.

I'm doubtful of whether the mono XB3 controller will have a D-pad worth using. It looks like the center of rotation is still a good ways bellow the surface.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • PS2 controller via adapter is the usual. You can get adapters for most controllers but none of them have rumble.

I'm doubtful of whether the mono XB3 controller will have a D-pad worth using. It looks like the center of rotation is still a good ways bellow the surface.
    My ps2 adapter supports rumble.
  • Which one did you get?
  • edited November 2010
    Something from Walmart. I don't remember the brand and I'm not at home to look it up. It also supports gamecube and Xbox1 controllers.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I'd buy Super Meat Boy if the ratio of price to current backlog of games I want to play wasn't so unfavorable.
  • I've been using a PS2 to USB adaptor I got at Radio Shack in middle school for such things.
  • Is anybody else unable to download SMB?
    Yeah, I can't get it either. Right now the store page says:
    This game will unlock in approximately 1 hour
  • I'm downloading it now; probably later than was possible.
  • May be a good idea in future not to release games just after a sale.
  • A bunch of Civ V map packs appeared, but I'm not about to pay money for maps.
    I'd pay money for proper turn-taking in multiplayer. ;^)
    I'd pay money for proper turn-taking in multiplayer. ;^)