This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• Hmm, I've had that sitting around since I think the 2010 Thanksgiving sale without playing it. I guess I should try it out.

Also, is the Saint's Row DLC worth it?
  • Also, is the Saint's Row DLC worth it?
    I am curious of this as well.
  • edited July 2012
    Also, is the Saint's Row DLC worth it?
    I am curious of this as well.
    You know those insane over the top missions? The get even more insane with the DLC. Buy the mission packs and ignore everything else.

Also I need to test this net connection anyone up for some co-op SR3?
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Fortunately, right now it costs less to buy Saint's Row plus all the DLC than it does to just buy the mission packs.
  • Fortunately, right now it costs less to buy Saint's Row plus all the DLC than it does to just buy the mission packs.
    Then you are good then.

• edited July 2012
    Fortunately, right now it costs less to buy Saint's Row plus all the DLC than it does to just buy the mission packs.
    Then you are good then.

If it is cheaper still to buy SRt3 with no dlc, get that. The dlc for that game is total crud.
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • Guys guys guys guys.

Crusader Kings II.

Guys.
  • Crusader Kings II status: Get

Warlock: Masters of the Arcade status: Get
  • I don't think I've gotten over the repercussions of EUIII and Mount & Blade yet, I think I'll wait before losing another three months to a Paradox game.
  • I guess I want everyone to buy CKII so we can all have a big ole forum game involving intrigue, glory and some light incest. DEUS VULT!
  • What time do the deals roll over? At CTCon, so...
  • edited July 2012
    For the daily deals it's 1PM EST, apparently.

The community choice deal (currently Trine 2) is on a 6-hour timer and the flash sales are on 6/8 hour timers; all those rolled over around 1.5 hours ago.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Oops, sorry; the community choice timer is 8 hours, not 6. I'm pretty sure the rest was correct, though.
  • I started my Steam Summer Sale with Grimrock and Heir Making Simulator II.
  • Grimrock looks cool, but I don't think I'll ever play it. I did gift Portal 1 & 2. $6 for both is a damn steal.
  • Ok, quick question. If you buy games from a pack that you already own, you can't gift them right?

I remember this being talked about, but forum searching no good.
  • Not all games.
  • Most of the time you can't; I think Valve's games are the main exceptions.
  • Yeah, I found the FAQ.
  • Oh god, Darksiders if $5. Opinions?
  • Darksiders kinda gets boring really fast. I got Grimrock which is pretty neat. SF4 Arcade Edition is on the flash sales which I'm thinking about. Might be a little too late to the party though.
  • Darksider's is pretty meh. It's fun, a partial successor to the Legacy of Kain games, but it's not nearly the same quality. I did personally enjoy it, and I'll buy the sequel, but it's not something I'd go out of my way for.

Also it was one of the first games I thought of in the random comments thread as being about incredibly overwhelming macho-manly-man-ness to the point of absurdity.
  • Space Marine is worth $7.50

Botnicula is probably worth $7

Tribes Ascension starter pack is probably worth $5 if you want to play that game at all
  • Binding of Isaac DLC for $.74. Aw yeah.
  • Do people here play Tribes Ascend?
  • I think Catboy still does, I don't know about anyone else.
  • Catboy as in [E], Catboy?
  • No, as in Nine. [E]Catboy is not one of us, unfortunately.
  • [E]Catboy is in IRC with me right now.
  • edited July 2012
    Do people here play Tribes Ascend?
    I play it sometimes. Not buying any of their in-game goods though. That business model is shit.
    Post edited by Pegu on