This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Minecraft - First Person Dwarf Fortress.... Kinda

Comments

• That's pretty much exactly what happened. I took out the bottom part of the tree, busted up as many of the limbs as I could reach, and then used the flint & steel to set the remainder on fire. That block was apparently in the middle of the blocks of leaves and when it caught on fire I jumped up and whacked it with my axe once just to see if I could chop it out faster than it would burn up. The fire got knocked off the sides of the wood block when the cracks appeared on it, but it kept flaming out of the top. I decided to ignore it and let it burn itself out but it kept going. I'm thinking of building a small column up to it and then encasing it in glass just to make a nice ornament out of it.
  • I've got quite a few eternally burning blocks of wood on top of my base. Note to self: when building a wooden house, always test out your fireplace before you finish all of the walls and ceiling. *sigh* Looks like it's time to gather more logs.
  • edited October 2010
    My mine flooded with lava. I died and lost a lot of stuff :(
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • It appears that PC gamer is reporting what we already know.
  • Yeah, some pretty crazy shit is going down.
  • edited October 2010
    I'm covered in burns but the day's work in the lava cave with pickaxe and water bucket has yielded large blocks of Obsidian, now to find some diamonds.
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • I'm covered in burns but the days work in the lava cave with pickaxe and water bucket has yielded large blocks of Obsidian, now to find some diamonds.
    My jaw dropped when I read the first few words of this sentence, but then I remembered what thread I was looking at...
  • I have figured out how to farm! Is there anything I can harvest besides wheat?
  • I have figured out how to farm! Is there anything I can harvest besides wheat?
    Trees?
    Reeds. They're currently pretty useless unless you're looking to end up making bookshelves to decorate your house. Reeds x3 > Paper. Paper x3 > Books. Books x3 + Wood x6 > Bookshelf
  • Cacti also.
    For trap pits!
  • Make an adamantium pit and put four creeper spawners in it.
  • Make an adamantium pit and put four creeper spawners in it.
    How do you make a creeper spawner? Is this actually a kind of block, or do you just make a dark area intentionally.
  • Neither adamantium nor creeper spawners exist.

Spawners are a type of block however. Have you not encountered any monster spawners, Scott?
  • How do you make a reed? I have a sweet underground farm going and want to see what I can do
  • You can't make them. Go out and find one growing on dirt near water somewhere.
  • Have you not encountered any monster spawners, Scott?
    No, I just see monsters at night and in dark places, if I have peaceful mode off. I haven't found a specific block that generates creeps.
  • Fair enough.
    If you explore enough caves you're fairly likely to encounter a spawner dungeon, and you'll definitely know one when you see it. Digging towards monster noises is often effective in finding caves, too.

If you do encounter a spawner, don't destroy it. Just light up the area around it and it will stop things from spawning; later you can build the spawner into a trap (drowning traps are standard) and use it to collect materials.
  • edited October 2010
    Fuck me! Today, after getting 6 diamonds, a shitload of redstone, coal, iron (which I really needed to make buckets to get rid of the lava in my other mine) etcetera, I fell in the void. Whenever I start getting somewhere, I lose it all and go right back to the start. Note to self: Do not jump in the weird blue squares.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • Ehehehe. I've lost diamond to the void before also.
  • Ehehehe. I've lost diamond to the void before also.
    At least that's a legit loss. I've lost diamond by trying to mine it with a stone pick before I knew better.
  • edited October 2010
    Ehehehe. I've lost diamond to the void before also.
    At least that's a legit loss. I've lost diamond by trying to mine it with a stone pick before I knew better.
    I lost redstone the same way.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • Ah, but redstone is hardly anything to cry about.
  • I predict that all my adventures will end this way, and my game will finish with no resources left and I'll have nothing to show for it.
  • Ahahahahahahahahaha. It's going to take you a long, long, long time to run out of resources.
  • Does anyone know approximately how much diamond the world has?
  • Do you even know how big the world is? It's fucking huge.
  • I think the maximum world size is about 8 times the surface of earth, to scale.
  • That's the common quote on the matter (I think Notch said it first), but I'm not sure about the validity of that estimate.