This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Minecraft - First Person Dwarf Fortress.... Kinda

Comments

• Yeah, that's what happened.

10000+ blocks is literally the end of the world.
  • Dear god.

My friend and I just played the Minecraft version of The Enigma of Amigara Fault.

Fuck. It'll be a few hours before I sleep.
  • The Enigma of Amigara Fault
    Just read that. Fuck that shit!
  • Cannon successfully constructed!
  • Cannon successfully asploded?
  • Cannon successfully fired. Seven charges and one shot. Fires the shot over 50 blocks. There's an island that's been shelled on my server. We named it Pickaxe Atoll and are using it as a TNT Test Site.

Another smaller cannon with an identical breech exploded. I don't quite know what the problem was, but I'm investigating.
  • edited January 2011
    Having read a post about Minecraft from a Japanese view and found maps of servers in the comments (Chibi Miku World!), I am now endeavouring to join one such server and build a diplomatic mission.

Time to practice my very politest Japanese.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Having reada post about Minecraft from a Japanese viewand found maps of servers in the comments (Chibi Miku World!), I am now endeavouring to join one such server and build a diplomatic mission.

Ah, yet more things that I should absolutely not in any way be involved with for the good of international relations.
  • Man, that laputa: Castle in the sky is awesome.
  • laputa:
    That makes me snicker every single time I see it.
  • Having reada post about Minecraft from a Japanese viewand found maps of servers in the comments (Chibi Miku World!), I am now endeavouring to join one such server and build a diplomatic mission.

If you are on a diplomatic mission, then WHERE IS THE AMBASSADOR?
  • I buy minecraft today. I shall be partying on secondus soon..
  • Ok.. I found a page of servers, have successfully joined one and I think I'm fitting in..

Apart from the fact I'm a blue tunic link with blonde hair and the word "Omnutia" floating over my head which will show me up as foreign if someone plugs it into Google, this might just work.

First stage: Observe, don't stand out try not to look like some kind of griefer spy.
  • Ok.. I found a page of servers, have successfully joined one and I think I'm fitting in..

Apart from the fact I'm a blue tunic link with blonde hair and the word "Omnutia" floating over my head which will show me up as foreign if someone plugs it into Google, this might just work.

First stage: Observe, don't stand out try not to look like some kind of griefer spy.
    I'm glad you found a server!
    I'm waiting for my friend to finish his dedicated server, so I can rebuild some things I did in the previous version of Jason's server. I'm aching to play online again, singleplayer has almost lost all meaning to me, which is kinda sad.
  • Good news, while weary, they seem not too fussed about my presence.

While monsters are turned on, I was the only one with weapons and armour when one of the players got ganked by a spider and dropped a bunch of items so I rushed in and smote it, clearing the way for him to pick up his stuff and got a "Thank you" in return.

So, while I stand out, they seem to be ok with me.
  • What are using to be able to type in kanji or hiragana?
  • Minecraft doesn't support Japanese characters. Everyone typing in romanji is helping.

It occurred to me that there is no way to buy Minecraft in Japanese.
  • dealwithit
    I was like, "ok, cool". And then, the sunglasses. Epic win.
  • I've been playing with the Mo Creatures mod, which has killed me at least 3 times. All my wood tools!
  • Minecraft lighting
    Lol. Isn't it strange how you have a popular game that doesn't even try to do anything with the graphics. Then when somebody comes along and enables even really simple and old graphics enhancements like lights or shading, OMG it's so awesome! Meanwhile games actually pushing the boundaries have finally gone out of favor. People aren't graphics crazed anymore. Look at things like this from the right perspective. Don't think "Ooh, they made Minecraft look so good!" Instead, you should be thinking, "Wow. Minecraft is so bad looking, that even that little amount of work makes it look ten times better."

I always wished for people to no longer be graphics crazed, under the assumption they would be game play crazed. Well, I got what I wished for. Too bad it's the wrong kind of game play they want.
  • Look at things like this from the right perspective. Don't think "Ooh, they made Minecraft look so good!" Instead, you should be thinking, "Wow. Minecraft is so bad looking, that even that little amount of work makes it look ten times better."

I always wished for people to no longer be graphics crazed, under the assumption they would be game play crazed. Well, I got what I wished for. Too bad it's the wrong kind of game play they want.
    I am confused by this post.
  • Look at things like this from the right perspective. Don't think "Ooh, they made Minecraft look so good!" Instead, you should be thinking, "Wow. Minecraft is so bad looking, that even that little amount of work makes it look ten times better."

I am confused by this post.
    How so?
  • Why is that perspective the "right" perspective? And why is it the "wrong" kind of game play? It seems contradictory to your point.
  • I kinda wish Minecraft supported DirectX. Nothing wrong with OpenGL, It's just that the FireGL card in my computer at work doesn't support OpenGL.
  • Why is that perspective the "right" perspective?
    You must be new here.
  • Why is that perspective the "right" perspective? And why is it the "wrong" kind of game play? It seems contradictory to your point.
    Back in the day people were buying shitty shitty games because they had amazing graphics. Nowadays people don't care about graphics, but they're still playing shitty games like Farmville!
    I kinda wish Minecraft supported DirectX. Nothing wrong with OpenGL, It's just that the FireGL card in my computer at work doesn't support OpenGL.
    Lol, the card has GL in the name, but doesn't support OpenGL.
  • edited January 2011
    Why is that perspective the "right" perspective? And why is it the "wrong" kind of game play? It seems contradictory to your point.
    Back in the day people were buying shitty shitty games because they had amazing graphics. Nowadays people don't care about graphics, but they're still playing shitty games like Farmville!
    Oh, I thought we were talking about Minecraft.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Oh, I we were talking about Minecraft.
    Yeah, I had one thought about Minecraft that led to the other thought.