This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• edited June 2011
    I just got my car back from the body shop yesterday. A woman backed out of her parking space without looking doing $2512.34 to my car. It pretty much looked exactly like your damage. And I just noticed this morning that they forgot to replace the hub cap. Its 50 bucks. So I called them and they said, "Oh were sorry.. We will order it right now. It will be here in a few days". Them fuckers were trying to scam me.
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • I just realized GeekNights also spell Gee-Knights.
  • Gee gee gee gee gee.
  • I wasn't at fault and my car is getting fixed by a reputable shop on someone else's dime.
    Yeah, it's pretty sweet. I wasn't even in my car when it got backed into. The claim got turned around in like 2 days.
  • Wheels aligning well? Diagonal hits like those some times bend the chassis one or two degrees, how hard was the hit?
  • The car drove straight and the steering wheel still centered properly, that's about all that I'm qualified to judge.
  • I'm so glad I no longer have a car.
  • Senor Patches how did it happen?
  • I don't know how exactly I should feel about this, but apparently Westboro Baptist is so messed up that even the KKK hates them.
  • Task for the summer: Learn to play all of the songs from The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place by Explosions In The Sky on keyboard.
  • edited June 2011
    Senor Patches how did it happen?
    He probably tried to do a clutch kick drift around a lamp post for practice but messed up the timing on the turn-in and ended up clipping the pole.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Senor Patches how did it happen?
    He probably tried to do a clutch kick drift around a lamp post for practice but messed up the timing on the turn-in and ended up clipping the pole.
    shhhhhh, don't tell the insurance company

Honestly, it's a pretty uninteresting car accident. I turned in front a van in the right lane and a car in left lane decided to merge into me.
  • I've had three "totaled" or "write-off" car accidents. One was my fault (didn't notice ice on a wooden bridge... oops!), one I wasn't moving (rear ended) and the last was the brakes failing on my camper van when I was driving down the STEEPEST ROAD IN ENGLAND!!! FUUUUUCCCCKKKKKK!!!
  • edited June 2011
    Sanyo Eneloop XX batteries are awesome, especially if you get them on sale.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Baby, if we where playing Catan, lets just say that I would have the longest "road" card.
  • edited June 2011
    At the present moment I am watching the Eden of the East movie via Netflix on my Xbox. I did not want to log out to look and see if The Sandlot was streaming. I decided to use my netbook to check. Now, I do not remember my password for Netflix so I type, "Is the Sandlot", into the the Googles Machine. (I was going to say "streaming on Netflix") It auto-completed to, "Is The Sandlot a true story?". Man, I can not believe some of the things people believe.
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • I do not remember my password for Netflix
    Correct that.
  • And now, a dramatic reading of the complaints against a Safe Sex Campaign, which featured two gay men - resulting in predictable outrage from the christian lobbies - in fact, the same ones trying to get our internet filtered.
  • You guys say "condom" in a funny way.
  • I normally don't eat donuts, but I'm totally craving a chocolate covered French cruller.

I blame Andrew for pointing out what today is. T______T
  • I blame Andrew for pointing out what today is. T______T
    MUAHAHAHHA

My chocolate fudge donut was sublime.
  • I'm singing "Every Little Step" at the top of my lungs in the office.

My coworker tells me to to shut the fuck up.

I say, "Don't be cruel."

He retorts, "It's my prerogative."

Well played.
  • I want some pasta so bad right now it's not even funny.
    I'm eating some right now.
    Please e-mail me some.
    Please e-mail me some.
    Do you have your FTP (Food Transfer Protocol) up? Gimmie the IP and I'll send you some.
  • Some serious research we have going on down here.
  • I told a friend of mine that I was in a funk and he told me to "think of mice having Christmas." (His mother would tell him that whenever he was sad as a child.) de-funked me almost instantly. ^_^
  • edited June 2011
    Post edited by Cremlian on