This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• Jeph Jaques drew this sketch in reference to TV tropes. I'm calling it now - "This Troper" will be a shirt before too long.
  • And by god, I will buy that shirt.
  • And by god, I will buy that shirt.
    I can't say that I won't. To be fair, there isn't much of a trick to calling Jeph's Next t-shirt release, just pick any shirt in today's comic that isn't the shirt for an indie band, or at the least that isn't one that others make, give it a week, and buy it from the Topatoco store.
  • The recent internet cat fight of the fans The Oatmeal vs. the fans of FunnyJunk.com is amusing at best. It's a bit painful to see such stupidity, which is mostly coming from users of FunnyJunk trying to troll The Oatmeal and having no idea what about copyright law or what a cease and desist is.

I actually never knew of FunnyJunk today until Oatmeal tweeted about it.
  • Jeph Jaques drew this sketch in reference to TV tropes. I'm calling it now - "This Troper" will be a shirt before too long.
    Oh manz, Marigold. She is among my favorite QC characters.
  • Today's observation - Plasma cutters are one of my favorite tools. Makes me giggle like a schoolgirl.
  • Today's observation - Plasma cutters are one of my favorite tools. Makes me giggle like a schoolgirl.
    What would happen if we made a bigger and better plasma cutter?
  • It's a crazy cat conspiracy!
  • I figured out out to shut off coolant flow to the heater core in my truck, which is leaking quite a bit of coolant. I feel so manly.
  • I figured out out to shut off coolant flow to the heater core in my truck, which is leaking quite a bit of coolant. I feel so manly.
    Wait, you shut off the cooling in your car instead of getting it towed and fixed? Tell me I'm wrong.
  • No, I shut off the lines going to the heater core, which provides heat for the climate control in the truck's cab. The radiator is still working.
  • edited May 2011
    You're wrong. A car generates heat in the cabin by circulating some of the hot engine coolant through a small radiator in the cabin called the heater core. It's good, free heat, but sometimes a leak can develop. Bypassing the heater core can be done without affecting the primary cooling system.

EDIT: Yeah, what he said.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • I won't have heat but it's late spring so it's not a big deal. I am in the Seattle area right now and it will be much cheaper and faster to head back to South Dakota to fix it rather than try to fix it out here.
  • You're wrong. A car generates heat in the cabin by circulating some of the hot engine coolant through a small radiator in the cabin called the heater core. It's good, free heat, but sometimes a leak can develop. Bypassing the heater core can be done without affecting the primary cooling system.
    Thanks George. Still sounds retarded though.
  • What's retarded? how the heater works?
  • Still sounds retarded though.
    How so?
  • What's retarded? how the heater works?
    No the way that "Shutting off coolant flow" sounds retarded.
  • What would happen if we made a bigger and better plasma cutter?
    Then I would giggle like a very big schoolgirl.
  • Do you use your plasma cutter to kill necromorphs?
  • Do you use your plasma cutter to kill necromorphs?
    Issac can cut off heads and limbs with his, but I can cut damn near anything. I'm a fucking surgeon with that thing. Kill 'em? I'll fucking cure them and make them look pretty to boot.
  • I just saw a super racist McDonalds commercial. It was a kung-fu panda tie in. A little Asian boy places his happy meal down on the back of a rick shaw so he can tie his shoe. The rick shaw takes off and then the little Asian boy uses magic kung fu powers to jump in the air and run along sticks stretched between roof tops.
  • edited May 2011
    If it were a little medieval white boy using sword and sorcery powers to catch up with his Happy Meal on a runaway horse cart, would that be racist?
    Post edited by Jason on
  • If it was set in midieval times, no. This was set in modern day.
  • LA GEEKS - Cashmaking opportunity for you, via a friend of mine -
    I was just hired to lead a team for an event at E3, and I need to hire temp "actors" to run a very cool game demo (and when I say cool, I mean it...details provided once hired). Must be personable, animated, friendly, and fun - but most of all, RELIABLE. If I hire you and you flake, it won't be pretty.

The job is June 7-9 and pays $125/day.

I know there are a lot of people out of work right now, so I thought I'd offer this up here, first. But I mean it about the not flaking thing...please don't disappoint.
    So, LA geeks, if you want in, let me know ASAP so I can pass your details on.
  • I have finals on the 7th through the 9th unfortunately, otherwise I'd have already planned on going to E3.
  • If I was in LA, I'd do it.
  • I just saw a super racist McDonalds commercial. It was a kung-fu panda tie in. A little Asian boy places his happy meal down on the back of a rick shaw so he can tie his shoe. The rick shaw takes off and then the little Asian boy uses magic kung fu powers to jump in the air and run along sticks stretched between roof tops.
    I don't see that as racist at all. It actually is similar to a scene in the movie.

Perhaps you're too hypersensitive since you're a weaboo.
  • Perhaps you're too hypersensitive since you're a weaboo.
  • LA GEEKS - Cashmaking opportunity for you, via a friend of mine -
    I was just hired to lead a team for an event at E3, and I need to hire temp "actors" to run a very cool game demo (and when I say cool, I mean it...details provided once hired). Must be personable, animated, friendly, and fun - but most of all, RELIABLE. If I hire you and you flake, it won't be pretty.

The job is June 7-9 and pays $125/day.

I know there are a lot of people out of work right now, so I thought I'd offer this up here, first. But I mean it about the not flaking thing...please don't disappoint.
    So, LA geeks, if you want in, let me know ASAP so I can pass your details on.
    I'm in.