This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• Non-anime fans, know that I am telling the absolute truth. There is a man who does panels in an Guy Fawkes/V for Vendetta outfit and talks about Evangelion. Also, he occasionally gets into hilarious internet slap fights with other Evangelion websites. Finally, we don't know his real name, to the point that whenever he is credited for a review in OtakuUSA he used his website URL. This exists. The world is still interesting. Be happy.
  • I want Hollywood to make a buddy cop movie with Tom Sizemore and Gary Busey.
  • My friend Ian is doing art and level design on this platformer that he and his friend are developing. There's only about ten minutes of gameplay here so far, but it's promising. Check it out!
  • My friend Ian is doing art and level design on this platformer that he and his friend are developing. There's only about ten minutes of gameplay here so far, but it's promising. Check it out!
    Wow, even that early version is better than most flash platformers, it's short, but that's understandable. First I was like "Cool gameplay mechanics, but I wonder if any actually challenging levels can be made with this." and then the shuriken levels hit me. Definitely that has quite potential.
  • edited June 2011
    I had some Meat Boy flashbacks with that last level. I kept getting all the way to the end and dying on the last obstacle, only to start getting progressively sloppier with the earlier obstacles. But yeah, I think think they've definitely done a good job with it so far.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Yeah, I just played through everything there is so far. It's really, really, really good fun. The final level was a bit intimidating at first, but I just applied the formula from before "The more danger, the easier it is!" And that's true. This will be an interesting problem/challenge for the level designers, as the more deadly obstacles they put in a level, the easier it is to ninja past them. Like in the final level, that first stretch of fire and shuriken looked super intimidating, but on my third try I realized I could just jump into the midst of it, then just hit "x, right right right right..." and get through very easily. The bit that killed me most was the very last bit, as I thought I could get up and around in one go, but because the danger was only intermittent, I ran out of juice, fell slowly, and got hit. Oops!
  • I Must admit, I was moderately keen on buying the latest Deus Ex game. Untill I got to the section between 7 seconds and 14 seconds in this video. Now, It's a certainty.
  • Now, It's a certainty.
    Ok, now I agree.
  • edited June 2011
    Reported Unemployment rate: 9.1%

Real Unemployment rate = (U+D+P)/(W+D) = 15.06%

Where:
    U=Unemployed
    D=Discouraged Workers (i.e. would like a job, but no is no longer actively seeking one due to bad economic conditions. Is counted on BLS tables as "not in workforce" rather than "unemployed".)
    P=Part time due to economic cutbacks (Would like to work full time)
    W=Workforce

Just so you know.
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • Reported Unemployment rate: 9.1%

Where:
    U=Unemployed
    D=Discouraged Workers (i.e. would like a job, but no is no longer actively seeking one due to bad economic conditions. Is counted on BLS tables as "not in workforce" rather than "unemployed".)
    W=Workforce

Just so you know.
    For a depression, we're still not doing too bad.
  • Reported Unemployment rate: 9.1%

Where:
    U=Unemployed
    W=Workforce

Just so you know.
    [citation needed]
  • Non-anime fans, know that I am telling the absolute truth. There is a man who does panels in an Guy Fawkes/V for Vendetta outfit and talks about Evangelion. Also, he occasionally gets into hilarious internet slap fights with other Evangelion websites. Finally, we don't know his real name, to the point that whenever he is credited for a review in OtakuUSA he used his website URL. This exists. The world is still interesting. Be happy.
    I've met this guy -- he ran panels at Anime Boston a couple years ago. Seems like a nice enough guy, but crazy paranoid about certain things and generally a pain in the neck.
  • [citation needed]
    For what? The numbers? Here. If not, I learned the system in my International Economics class and it's simply a way to factor in everyone who is actually economically disadvantaged by the conditions.
  • The spitting image of Stan Lee backed into my car this morning. It doesn't appear to have done much damage beyond a slight indentation behind the license plate, but I'm having some mechanics check it out. Excelsior!
  • The spitting image of Stan Lee backed into my car this morning. It doesn't appear to have done much damage beyond a slight indentation behind the license plate, but I'm having some mechanics check it out. Excelsior!
  • Is that shopped from Tintin?
  • Is that shopped from Tintin?
    Yes.
  • edited June 2011
    So I get home and see that my parents got a box of wine, which is sitting on the stairs next to the door. Of course the first thing I think after seeing it is "Fruh-gee-lay. Must be italian."
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • It's a major award.
  • So, it looks like some animators are having a dust up about if Performance capture is animation or not, particularly in regards to the academy awards.

Now, I know pretty much fuck all about this sort of thing, but other people here do - What do you guys think?
  • Movies are movies and categories within that set are pretty subjective. Who care whether it's animation or live action or some composite? It should be judged on the merit of its character.
  • I like Daryl Surat's theory that they introduced best animation to make sure an animation would never win best picture.
    Later I heard someone say that Hollywood is terrified of motion capture making actors disposable as far as major films are concerned.
  • Later I heard someone say that Hollywood is terrified of motion capture making actors disposable as far as major films are concerned.
    Hollywood doesn't understand MoCap.
  • Hollywood doesn't understand MoCap.
    Hollywood didn't understand CG when it was introduced, either. Look at what happened with the first Tron. WE FEAR CHANGE.
  • edited June 2011
    I could potentially get an SNES and about 40 games for it for $75 tonight. I'm trying really hard to decide whether or not this is a worthwhile expenditure of money.

EDIT: eBay bid just jumped to $81 with shipping. Back to emulating on my Wii!
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • 81 with shipping would probably still be worth it. It's a SNES,
    (Opinion)The greatest console of all time.(Opinion)
  • edited June 2011
    81 with shipping would probably still be worth it. It's a SNES,
    (Opinion)The greatest console of all time.(Opinion)
    It's $118 now. I am going to Europe for a year in September. I won't be able to play it, and I need that money right now.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • All the parts to my new computer have arrived, I'm so excited. Too bad I still gotta do 2 more hours at work and then, it's my girlfriends birthday. So I'm gonna have to put the brand new, shiny computer build off till tomorrow after work.
  • edited June 2011
    Churba, I love you.

Here's a joke for you: What do you call a Christian who goes to college?
    Answer: An atheist.

Religion is a function of ignorance.
    Post edited by Jason on