This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• Does the singer sound like Jack Black to anyone else?
  • edited October 2011
    I have no use for the 16ft2 bulletin board on the wall in my room. But I have pens and pencils and charcoal and watercolors. So, I'm going to turn it into a giant mandala-like art project over the course of the year, with the core structure being either a golden or an Archimedean spiral.

EDIT: Using a Fermat's Spiral because it's the model of disc phyllotaxis in sunflowers.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I recently learned that the reason the creators of Sesame Street made Snuffleufagus visible to everyone was they thought only having big bird able to see him would impress upon kids the idea that if they told someone they were being mistreated, they wouldn't be believed.
  • Does the singer sound like Jack Black to anyone else?
    Yes.
  • Spam. Spam. Spam. Spam. Spam.
  • Store brand fruit cup purchased at Wal-Mart has better packaging for the cups versus the fruit cups bought at H-E-B. Plastic top covering comes off much more easily and there is no spillage as well.
  • If it's broken "for no reason," it is in fact broken for a very good reason.
  • If it's broken "for no reason," it is in fact broken for a very good reason.
    This made me think of something.
    One of my floormates is probably gonna play D&D; 4e with a bunch of people in the fraternity he's pledging. He's been reading us all kinds of stupidity. It seems like the creators of D&D; 4e went with the motto, "If it's broken, break until fixed."
  • I just realized that Wheatley was a literal Idiot Ball. D=
  • I want some Boba Tea...
  • I just realized that Wheatley was a literal Idiot Ball. D=
    And while Chell is buddy-buddy with him, she's literally holding the idiot ball.
  • There's also a Mormon Version.
    The only difference is you have to play it from inside of a hat.
  • Well, apparently I'm going to become a dad...
  • edited October 2011
    So much baby talk in one day. It must be a sign...

That people have babies and that's about it.

Congrats!
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Babies are sprouting everywhere! Congrats!
  • Well, it had to happen eventually.
  • I grow tired of your snide insinuations.
  • According to Stephen Fry, gonorrhea is pound-for-pound, the strongest thing in the world.
  • @churba: If that happened, I would totally go iPhone.
  • Admiral Nelson > Captain Morgan
  • I've come down with a bad case of Saturday Night Fever.
  • I've come down with a bad case of Saturday Night Fever.

Fuck ya.
  • edited October 2011
    You ever feel like you need to cry? Not because you're sad or depressed, but because your body is telling you "Start peeing from your eyes!"
    Post edited by Viga on
  • You ever feel like you need to cry? Not because you're sad or depressed, but because your body is telling you "Start peeing from your eyes!"
    No.
  • You ever feel like you need to cry? Not because you're sad or depressed, but because your body is telling you "Start peeing from your eyes!"
    Yes, though I'm not good at knowing how I feel, so maybe I am sad or depressed or something.
  • The company I work for has apparently been doing a ton of recruiting at RIT recently. I hear the acronym mentioned a lot, and I don't think it means Rip In Time or Rowdy Internet Technophiles. Also, our latest intern came from them, and he wears a vest, button-down shirt, khakis and a bow-tie EVERY DAY. A bow-tie.
  • The company I work for has apparently been doing a ton of recruiting at RIT recently. I hear the acronym mentioned a lot, and I don't think it means Rip In Time or Rowdy Internet Technophiles. Also, our latest intern came from them, and he wears a vest, button-down shirt, khakis and a bow-tie EVERY DAY. A bow-tie.
    Get me their name. GET ME THEIR NAME. I need to see if they're CS/SE or not.

Cannon-fodder.