This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• I've used Belkin before and I never had a problem with them.
    I don't understand Scott's slavish devotion to first-party accessories. I use the cheapest cables I can find unless I have a reason not to.
  • edited October 2011
    Could be he's prone to taking bad care of them and needs the extra hard wearing, but then a Belkin or similar would do the job just as well.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Some questions just stump search engines (at least in my experience). I was recently trying to research pen and paper RPGs that were set within RPGs (whether pen and paper, MMO, video game, whatever). Finding that information myself proved rather difficult, but asking some slightly more diverse gamers quickly yielded some information about a game called Dream Park and some science fiction novels with that premise.
  • Is it right to argue that Alexander the Great was a classical Charlie Sheen.
  • I've used Belkin before and I never had a problem with them.
    I don't understand Scott's slavish devotion to first-party accessories. I use the cheapest cables I can find unless I have a reason not to.
    The only thing I can imagine is if he was somehow bitten by a shoddy third-party accessory in the past. In my case, I don't buy third-party printer ink because I've had too many bad experiences with shoddy third party ink cartridges. Can't say I've had a similar problem with cables, however.
  • You people assume too much. I'm not opposed to third party cables, or suggesting they don't work. I'm simply trying to see if a first party cable for less than full retail price exists.
  • Ink is itself a weird business. Sometimes the first party is being a huge dick with what they use (I'm thinking of any Dell consumer printers). Other times you are dealing with what is really a high-quality ink that needs to be made to specification (high end business inkjets). Personally, I'm still using a 10 year old HP printer with readily replaceable cartridges/ink from a local 3rd-party store. My next printer, however, will be a professional grade color laser printer for various reasons.
  • Ink is itself a weird business. Sometimes the first party is being a huge dick with what they use (I'm thinking of any Dell consumer printers). Other times you are dealing with what is really a high-quality ink that needs to be made to specification (high end business inkjets). Personally, I'm still using a 10 year old HP printer with readily replaceable cartridges/ink from a local 3rd-party store. My next printer, however, will be a professional grade color laser printer for various reasons.
    We pretty much stick with Canon for our ink jet needs -- their ink prices aren't too ridiculous and they work very well. We have a 13"x19" Canon ink jet printer that my wife uses to print samples of her graphic design work. We also have a Samsung black and white laser printer we use for just about everything else. I used to own an Epson ink jet, but that thing was iffy at best and I'm sure the 3rd party ink I used for it didn't help either.
  • You people assume too much. I'm not opposed to third party cables, or suggesting they don't work. I'm simply trying to see if a first party cable for less than full retail price exists.
    People are going to assume you have a problem you need solving instead of it being an idle musing unless you say. Don't worry about it, communication skills take time.
  • To quote a facebook friend:
    "Today, I saw a kid with down syndrome have an ICP belt buckle on.
    Enough said.."
    It was too perfect not to pass on.
  • I forgot how tasty simple Honey Graham Crackers are...Mmmmmm.

Also:

• Just discovered that google reviews includes churches. I'm mostly indifferent that this exists, but it surprised me. It makes sense though.
  • I recently picked up an automatic litter box for my cats. Yeah, it's awesome.

I'm not sure which is more awesome, the litter box or the Dyson vac I just got.
  • edited October 2011
    I recently picked up an automatic litter box for my cats. Yeah, it's awesome.

I'm not sure which is more awesome, the litter box or the Dyson vac I just got.
    The robotic litter box. Robot beats vacuum every time.

Unless that vacuum is...
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Rylin's been sleeping curled up on my tummy in a warm little ball for about three hours while I listened to music.

Also, she peed on me.
  • I'm $419 in the hole, I think my bank account is trying to tell me something.
  • I hear that everybody you know is more relevant than everybody I know.
  • Rylin's been sleeping curled up on my tummy in a warm little ball for about three hours while I listened to music.
    D'awwwwwwwwww.
    Also, she peed on me.
    Get used to it. It happens.
  • WoW's got Pokemon now.
    More like Petpets.
  • Happy Mole Day Nerds.
  • We were talking yesterday about usual stuff and somehow the conversation turned to where we were talking about Dexter's Lab and Emily talked about how the Japanese dub was way awesome. Then I started remembering how awesome that show is. We tried to search YouTube, but we couldn't find any clips of the Japanese dub. The best we could find were a few Japanese Cartoon Network promo spots where Dexter said a few words.

1) Can anyone find it?

2) I wish that ponies would make some artistic episodes like this. Can you imagine Rainbow Dash's day?

• Suddenly...
  • At the mall. This little kid was running around and saying, "I'm looking for a John!" guess the mall has child prostitution now...
  • So, me and jtvh signed up to be a host family for a Mongolian exchange program. We picked up the Mongolian we will be hosting, and he speaks no English, only Mongolian and a little bit of Russian.
  • edited October 2011
    At the mall. This little kid was running around and saying, "I'm looking for a John!" guess the mall has child prostitution now...
    Or s/he had to pee extremely badly, considering "John" can be a euphemism for "toilet".
    Post edited by Anrild on
  • @geeknights just tweeted some things of the day from, I guess, an upcoming pre-recorded show. One Thing was the opener to the Robocop cartoon. The other was a video called "Robocop Saves Sting". I clicked, for some reason expecting Robocop to meet Sting, the singer and bassist from the Police. I thought it would be a Police/(Robo)cop joke, or similar. Turns out it was something waaaaay more stupid than that: 90's wrestling.
  • @geeknights just tweeted some things of the day from, I guess, an upcoming pre-recorded show. One Thing was the opener to the Robocop cartoon. The other was a video called "Robocop Saves Sting". I clicked, for some reason expecting Robocop to meet Sting, the singer and bassist from the Police. I thought it would be a Police/(Robo)cop joke, or similar. Turns out it was something waaaaay more stupid than that: 90's wrestling.
    Haha, we were pre-uploading shows and post-dating them since Rym is leaving town for two weeks. I fixed the tweeting code for the episodes, but forgot to fix the tweeting code for the things of the day.
  • Oh mans! I forgot Sting used to look like that.