This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Putting off orgo studying, even though I shouldn't (that last bio exam drained me) and F5'ing once in a while.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I've got it open while I make a movie on Xtranormal taking quotes from Apocalypse Now and making historical figures say them.
  • edited November 2010
    Putting off orgo studying, even though I shouldn't (that last exam drained me) and F5'ing once in a while.
    I've been putting off studying for a few days now; arguably a couple of weeks, even. Last night I watched Fight Club, The Shawshank Redemption, and Schindler's List, which is some of the most epic procrastination ever.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • It appears as if I'm the only one not procrastinating on something. I'm just hanging out, enjoying the fact that I don't have any obligation to go to bed since class is canceled tomorrow morning.
  • Putting off orgo studying, even though I shouldn't (that last exam drained me) and F5'ing once in a while.
    I've been putting off studying for a few days now; arguably a couple of weeks, even. Last night I watchedFight Club,The Shawshank Redemption, andSchindler's List, which is some of the most epic procrastination ever.
    That's some high-test lazy. I like it.

I've got lots of lectures to make up, but I'll probably watch an hour or two of them tonight (which might be 2/3 of the material) so I should be alright.
  • Last night I watchedFight Club,The Shawshank Redemption, andSchindler's List, which is some of the most epic procrastination ever.
    For real. What is that, like 7 hours or something? Were you doing anything else, or just sitting and watching?
  • It appears as if I'm the only one not procrastinating on something. I'm just hanging out, enjoying the fact that I don't have any obligation to go to bed since class is canceled tomorrow morning.
    I suppose I'm technically procrastinating on several things, but they're all several days off and not particularly large, so I'm perfectly comfortable with doing nothing for now. I'm certainly enjoying this unusual late-night forum activity; I'm usually watching shitty TV shows or going to bed by now.
  • edited November 2010
    Last night I watchedFight Club,The Shawshank Redemption, andSchindler's List, which is some of the most epic procrastination ever.
    For real. What is that, like 7 hours or something? Were you doing anything else, or just sitting and watching?
    Almost 8 hours. I think I paused the movie and looked at/posted on the forums on occasion, but nothing of note.
  • Almost 8 hours. I think I paused the movie and looked at/posted on the forums on occasion, but nothing of note.
    Holy crap. I can't imagine just sitting and watching something for that long. Much longer than an hour, and I'm probably at least picking up my sketchbook.
  • edited November 2010
    Anyways, since I'm pretty sure I hadn't seen any of those movies until then, you could argue that in fact any time spent not watching those movies would have, in fact, been the real procrastination.

Still, I might not have been able to do that without having had work I should've been doing. I think I'm pretty good at focusing on a single task, and even more so if it is arguably not the most important task.
  • Almost 8 hours. I think I paused the movie and looked at/posted on the forums on occasion, but nothing of note.
    Holy crap. I can't imagine just sitting and watching something for that long. Much longer than an hour, and I'm probably at least picking up my sketchbook.
    I once had a plan to watch all three of The Godfather films back to back, but no one else would watch it with me. I barely got people two sit through the second one.
  • I once had a plan to watch all three of The Godfather films back to back, but no one else would watch it with me. I barely got people two sit through the second one.
    To this day, I've only seen half of Godfather Part II. I have trouble just sitting and passively watching something for that long -- I'm not into this trend toward really long movies lately.
  • When it comes down to it, though, procrastination has never really hurt me all that much in academic performance. My GPA is a 6.9 (max is 7), and while it might be a 7.0 if I had a different approach, would I really be better off?
  • Nothing wrong with procrastination if you end up getting it done in the end. Plus, you usually get some stuff accomplished while you're avoiding doing what you "should" be doing. I clean a lot when I'm procrastinating.
  • I clean a lot when I'm procrastinating.
    Haha, I do this too.
  • I am procrastinating on several things, like panels for Friday. Awake!
  • "Side effects: Verbal dysphasia, and octopus loss. I don't see anything here about memory!"
  • "Side effects: Verbal dysphasia, and octopus loss. I don't see anything here about memory!"
    Loving Father. Devoted Husband. Secret Octopus.
  • Loving Father. Devoted Husband. Secret Octopus.
    This movie must get made.
  • Is it more hilarious or ironic that the people least likely to be offended by the word "faggot" in my social group are the gay guy and the lesbian?
  • It's very little of either.
  • Man, this thread gets all poppin' when I go to bed. Boo.
  • I'm constantly afraid that my in-school activity on the forums will get it banned here. It happened with Homestar Runner in 7th grade, so I assume it could happen again.
  • VPN?
    Uh, yes I think so? :P
  • Today's Penny Arcade had me in stitches in the middle of the office. Lots of overweight 50-year-olds looking at me like I'm crazy.
  • Laplace >> Fourier.
  • It's already a Video game.
    Well, that's pretty cool. It's just, you so say so many awesome things, how am I supposed to know it when you say an awesome thing that wasn't you?
  • What do the forumites -- especially those in the IT field -- think of search engine optimization companies? I am not asking about their efficacy; I'm asking about their viability in the marketplace and the longevity such companies might have. I may have the opportunity to go to work for one as a copywriter, which would probably be a big step up in terms of pay scale. It would mean a much longer commute. It would also mean a much more stable schedule. I don't want it to mean a risk. Thoughts?