This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• I wake up for work every day... >_<
  • I was considering firebombing buildings used by hate groups (KKK, Nazis, etc.) when I had a better idea.

Tag the buildings with MLP artwork promoting tolerance. And if they clean it off, tag it again.

I find that much more potentially hilarious, especially if we could get a national movement going.
  • edited March 2012
    So, tonight I was reading about the Kings of Italy, and apparently they weren't unseated until the 1940s. The current King-in-exile is my grandfather's age, and the Heir Apparent is my dad's age. It's weird to realize how compressed the 20th Century was. I mean, my grandfather was born in an effectively feudal monarchy, and now lives in Silicon Valley. My family went from serfs to engineers in the span of about three generations. I would go so far as to say that the 20th Century might have been the most important 100 years in all of human history. (so far, at least)
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • Today I shook hands with B-Real.
  • Today I shook hands with B-Real.
    How bad was the contact high afterward?

• I'm pondering looking for an artist friend to draft up some content for videos explaining skepticism, science, contrarianism, atheism, agnosticism, secularism, and a bunch of other subjects that most people understand only in a muddy sort of way. Maybe segging into some alternative interpretations of problems of particularism, relativism, existentialism, free will, and other stuff... but I don't have a whole collected vision on this yet.

I'm inspired primarily by those "Crash Course" videos, and I'm probably not the best person to handle it... but it's something I feel like someone needs to do.
  • The DM for my new D&D game referred to a gavel as "A Judge's Cudgel."
  • edited March 2012
    No offense, Australia, but your candy is so terrible Willy Wonka would hang himself in shame. Chicos, in particular, make me question the life choices I've made to bring me to this point.

Also, I do not like vegemite.
    Post edited by SquadronROE on
  • Also, I do not like vegemite.
    Isn't the trick with vegemite to spread it so thinly you can barely taste it? Granted, I've never tried it myself, but I heard spreading it thickly like so many visitors to Australia do would make even its biggest fans retch.
  • I don't know. We need to summon Churba for this.

Uh...

Churba, Churba, Churba?
  • Someone tricked me into trying the stuff once. All I remember is that it tasted like someone scraped the horribly burnt part off of some toast and made a jam out of it. x_x
  • Quickly! Light the Churba signal!

• edited March 2012
    I had Marmite the other day. I rather liked it. I expect that Vegemite will be miles better. It's really just a rather savory, salty spread; you spread it quite thin and your toast tastes meaty and great.

And then there's people like this. Note that 800g of Vegemite contains seventy grams of salt. This guy is going to die.

Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I want an ocelot kitten...
  • Named Babou?
  • Named Babou?
    I was actually thinking Ozzy
  • The bits must flow.
  • I want an ocelot kitten...
    Might I suggest a Savannah? They're highly intelligent, big, agile crossbreeds of Servals and Domestic Cats. They like to swim, can jump 8ft, are super friendly, can learn to solve complex problems, and make all sorts of cool noises (they can make hums and chirps that are usually unique to Servals).
  • Named Babou?
    Lana, he remembers me!
  • No offense, Australia, but your candy is so terrible Willy Wonka would hang himself in shame. Chicos, in particular, make me question the life choices I've made to bring me to this point.

I hate that damn Australia Travel commercial where the whole nation sings about how great it is, ending at the Sydney Opera House. Always annoys me.

• edited March 2012
    I don't know. We need to summon Churba for this.

Uh...

Churba, Churba, Churba?
    Quickly! Light the Churba signal!
    Ya'll woke me up. I know questions about candy are of vital importance, but seriously guys.

Yeah, okay, that's not true, I never sleep. I just had work to do.
    No offense, Australia, but your candy is so terrible Willy Wonka would hang himself in shame. Chicos, in particular, make me question the life choices I've made to bring me to this point.
    First point, you're wrong. But that's okay. Have you had Cherry ripes? Pretty much anything from Darrel Lea? Musk sticks? Minties? Golden Beronia Nougat? Ginger Bears? Freddo Frogs? Caramello Koalas? Yowies? Golden Rough, Mint Patty, Polly Waffle? Jaffas, Milk Shakes, Fantales? Chika Pukas? Chocito? Ovalteenies? Chomp? Steaks? Now or laters, Outback beans? Milo Bars? Fry's Turkish? Dairy Milks, Timeouts, twirls? Not to mention the vast range of artisinal candy you can pick up from the open air markets we're so fond of.

Do not judge us, sir, on the "Small packet in grandma's purse to shut the screaming kids up" level of candy alone. Though I do like Chicos. Tastes like nostalgia.
    That's okay, we won't hold your horrible genetic defect against you. No, seriously, you gotta be doing something wrong, I even managed to get Joe Boomer liking the stuff.

The trick is, as always, butter first, and spread the Vegemite thinner than old whore's worn drawers. It is pure, pure umami joy, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't use it responsibly.
    I hate that damn Australia Travel commercial where the whole nation sings about how great it is, ending at the Sydney Opera House. Always annoys me.
    Really? I have no idea which one that is, for reasons entirely logical, they don't show us that one. We normally get this sort of fare -

Post edited by Churba on
  • It's this one, though only a :30 second version.

• edited March 2012
    Heh, I've been to the spot at :32 seconds in. It's Lamington national park. I've also been to :35(Gold coast, about an hour away from where I live), The area at :42, :54.

Not the worst Ad, but it's alright, I think. Could get annoying with repetition, though.

Also, check out these pictures from Wagga Wagga.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Yeah that's got my arachnophobia senses tingling.
    Oh, that's good. I like that.
  • When a pony tries to block, show them that you rock!
  • Actually, that's not half bad - if you started playing pokemon when you were four, red or blue, then you'd be 18 now. Sixteen years since the original games were released.