This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• edited March 2012
    "Friends are the only people you CAN betray."

From the simpsons...

Also, thinking on "long term memory" vs. "short term memory"... we need more categories. I just remembered a quote and page number from a book I read over a week ago.
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • For all we bemoan the "1%" in American that caused all the protests we don't have it that bad.
    Of course you don't. The Occupy Protests are almost singularly laser-guided towards American abuses of power and social injustices.
    I just thought it was an amusing stat that cropped up in a lecture.

• AmpAmp
    edited March 2012
    "He likewise expelled from the city all pantomime actors" Nero 17, Suetonius, Twelve Caesars.
    Post edited by Amp on
  • I have that exact tank desk in my basement.
  • I had sushi for breakfast...
  • I have that exact tank desk in my basement.
    It's a popular one. If I had room for it, and I could pay someone to move it, I would probably get one. I actually like the IKEA desk I have, but the paint on the surface keeps peeling off.
  • No Redline AMV for Born to Run exists.
    Not really a song the punk kids making AMVs would have heard.
    There's an easy way to fix that.

• Remember a couple weeks back when I said I was getting creepy calls at the office from a guy claiming to be a reincarnation of Jesus Christ? Well, guess who is up on charges for assaulting a cop.

Also, guess who was zapped with a Taser twice when he resisted arrest. Also, guess who then hefted a cinder block over his head and tried to throw it at the cop. Also, guess who has a history of assault and fleeing, and who has been previously found not guilty of said charges by reason of insanity.

So who has two thumbs and forwarded all the creepy emails -- in which the dude claims to be Christ casting judgment on sinners and ranting about our need to invade Iran and showing nuclear bomb explosions -- to the prosecutor's office?

This guy. <.<
  • That guy sounds like a very violent Jesus. Jesus was chill yo.
  • edited March 2012
    Given that god sent down she-bears to murder children for laughing at bald guys, that sounds closer.

23: And he [Elisha] went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up that way, there came forth little children of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; Go up, thou bald head.

24: And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood and tare forty and two children of them.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • On a slightly different tack, The Hunger Games has drawn manly tears, and if you can guess which part you win an internet. Don't spoil for those who are sensitive to it (you gits).
  • Does it have to do with flowers and a lullaby?
  • RymRym
    edited March 2012
    On a slightly different tack, The Hunger Games has drawn manly tears, and if you can guess which part you win an internet. Don't spoil for those who are sensitive to it (you gits).
    Flowers. It has to be the flowers. Possibly the bread that comes shortly thereafter.

(Vague enough to not spoil?)

Post edited by Rym on
  • edited March 2012
    Just wait till you get to that related moment in book 2. Oh mans!
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited March 2012
    On a slightly different tack, The Hunger Games has drawn manly tears, and if you can guess which part you win an internet. Don't spoil for those who are sensitive to it (you gits).
    Flowers. It has to be the flowers. Possibly the bread that comes shortly thereafter.

(Vague enough to not spoil?)

Vague enough and exactly spot on. I know I'm gonna cry at that moment in the movie.

Edit: I only have the one internet so Rym and Ro, you'll have to share.
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on
  • It had to be the part where the kid had to _____ his own dog.
  • It had to be the part where the kid had to screw his own dog.
  • It had to be the part where the kid had to _____ his own dog.
    You must be referring to in GoT where Arya meets back up with Nymeria and Arya is forced to kill her.

@Jack, I think a lot of people will be crying at that part.
  • Now that the Taco Bell Doritos taco exists, is there finally evidence that there may be a god after all?
  • Me: Wait a second, in the 80's and 90's, they were still using VHS tapes, weren't they?

Father: Hell, back then we had Beta tapes. Do you even know what Beta was?

Me: Yeah! I saw Cowboy Beboy.
  • edited March 2012
    Now that the Taco Bell Doritos taco exists, is there finally evidence that there may be a god after all?
    Man, I had one yesterday, they are so good. It's stupid how good they are.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Really? Really really?
  • Now that the Taco Bell Doritos taco exists, is there finally evidence that there may be a god after all?
    No, like, actually. I had one last week. They are delicious. Really.
    No, like, actually. I had one last week. They are delicious. Really.
    That feel when the nearest Taco Bell is ~3000 miles away.

• Why doesn't Taco Bell lobby congress to legalize marijuana?
  • That feel when the nearest Taco Bell is ~3000 miles away.
    Now you know a little bit about why I'm so excited to go to all of these places I've never heard of, like Denny's and Taco bell.

• That feel when the nearest Taco Bell is ~3000 miles away.
    Now you know a little bit about why I'm so excited to go to all of these places I've never heard of, like Denny's and Taco bell.
    No one should be excited by Denny's.