This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• Why doesn't Taco Bell lobby congress to legalize marijuana?
    Because this:

• edited March 2012
    That feel when the nearest Taco Bell is ~3000 miles away.
    Now you know a little bit about why I'm so excited to go to all of these places I've never heard of, like Denny's and Taco bell.
    No one should be excited by Denny's.
    When I was in Japan, the first meal we had there was at a Denny's and we accidentally ordered pancakes with ice cream on them. Don't ask me why any of this happened, I was six at the time and had no control over anything.
    Post edited by Greg on
  • edited March 2012
    Denny's in Japan is fucking swank, too. Like, "Filet Mignon With Truffled Herb Butter" swank. Ya done goofed.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Where as Denny's in America has a reputation for being a bit racist.
  • edited March 2012
    Now you know a little bit about why I'm so excited to go to all of these places I've never heard of, like Denny's and Taco bell.
    No one should be excited by Denny's.
    I don't care if it's bad. I just want to go because I've never been. That, and I'm not judging if it's bad or not before I actually eat there - I remember by experience with American Mcdonalds(last time I had it, was thin and tasteless, like salty cardboard with sesame seeds, unlike maccas down here, which might not be the best food, but at least it tastes pretty good) and with In-n-out(which was delicious, but the people I was with wouldn't stop bitching about how shit it was, just bland fast food.) American opinions on food tend to differ wildly from mine, so I've learned to test, not trust.
    When I was in Japan, the first meal we had there was at a Denny's and we accidentally ordered pancakes with ice cream on them. Don't ask me why any of this happened, I was six at the time and had no control over anything.
    Man, that's like the six year old version of ordering chuck steak and getting Kobe Beef.

Post edited by Churba on
  • Man, that's like the six year old version of ordering chuck steak and getting Kobe Beef.
    Speaking of meat, I could really use some more for my Tumblr. I've resorted to using every meat from Symphony of the Night.

http://pixelmeat.tumblr.com/
  • Now that the Taco Bell Doritos taco exists, is there finally evidence that there may be a god after all?
    Man, I had one yesterday, they are so good. It's stupid how good they are.
    No, like, actually. I had one last week. They are delicious. Really.
    Where are you now? Taco Bell just opened a restaurant in Manchester this past summer.
  • edited March 2012
    Where as Denny's in America has a reputation for being a bit racist.
    Actually, they've turned that around 100% since those cases. In 2001, they were Fortune's "Best Company For Minorities," and have the best racial sensitivity program in the industry.

Also, you can do stupid things like stay there for 24 hours like some of my friends did in high school. They befriended the manager and were all on a first-name basis with him by the time they left. Denny's is okay by me.
    Now that the Taco Bell Doritos taco exists, is there finally evidence that there may be a god after all?
    Man, I had one yesterday, they are so good. It's stupid how good they are.
    No, like, actually. I had one last week. They are delicious. Really.
    Where are you now? Taco Bell just opened a restaurant in Manchester this past summer.
    Newcastle, about 2.5 hrs from Manchester. I was unaware of that, but I'm still not going all the way to Manchester for a taco.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited March 2012
    I never was a big fan of cyber punk or steam punk, but just yesterday I discovered there is a thing called diesel punk. Man... it's basically the genre containing the first 3 Indy movies, TaleSpin, hell, even Antoine de Saint-Exupery's writings to an extent... There's just something about that era (minus the Depression and all that) that I really eat up... Maybe it's all the early adventures in aviation, since I'm a pretty hard core airplane geek.
    Post edited by Dragonmaster Lou on
  • edited March 2012
    Oh yeah, in the Arndale center. So, maybe 2, 3 hours away by train.
    I never was a big fan of cyber punk or steam punk, but just yesterday I discovered there is a thing called diesel punk. Man... it's basically the genre containing the first 3 Indy movies, TaleSpin, hell, even Antoine de Saint-Exupery's writings to an extent... There's just something about that era (minus the Depression and all that) that I really eat up... Maybe it's all the early adventures in aviation, since I'm a pretty hard core airplane geek.
    I fucking love dieselpunk. It's like Steampunk's tougher, dirtier, more badass brother.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I fucking love dieselpunk. It's like Steampunk's tougher, dirtier, more badass brother.
    Internal combustion > External combustion.

I <3 radial engined aircraft.
  • I fucking love dieselpunk. It's like Steampunk's tougher, dirtier, more badass brother.
    Internal combustion > External combustion.

I <3 radial engined aircraft. </p>
    As do I... There's just something about those big ol' radial engines.

That said, I knew of the material that falls into the category of diesel punk, I just didn't know that diesel punk was the name for that genre...
    Because this:

I hate my family, the stoners are nicer to me.
    Because this:

Hey when I worked 2nd shift and left at 12:30 AM I enjoyed some taco bell. Screw you stoner stereotype all things should be open 24 hours a day.
  • I need to try one (or three) of these Doritos tacos. Are they, in fact, the best thing ever?
  • I need to try one (or three) of these Doritos tacos. Are they, in fact, the best thing ever?
    People say they're good, I'm gonna get one myself. Please tell me they're $.99.
  • I normally hate doritos, but I be willing to grab one on my way home, I think there is a taco bell on the way back.
  • Doritos are disgusting.
    Yet, when I was 12, they were delectable. So were Cheetos, Mountain Dew, and Necco Wafers.

Now, the mere thought of a Dorito in my mouth makes me slightly nauseous.
  • Necco wafers are useful as poker chips. No danger of eating them.
    Yet, when I was 12, they were delectable. So were Cheetos, Mountain Dew, and Necco Wafers.

Now, the mere thought of a Dorito in my mouth makes me slightly nauseous.
    I blame the Dorito dilemma based on them over seasoning their chip. As a younger lad it was tasty, now it is a powder keg of over flavor.
    People say they're good, I'm gonna get one myself. Please tell me they're $.99.
    Just over a dollar. $1.39 or something like that. And there's a "supreme" one which has sour cream and tomatos, which costs another 30 cents or so.

Basically, the Doritos Locos Tacos are exactly what they sound like they are. If you like Doritos and like Taco Bell, the combination works perfectly.
  • Guys.

Girl Scouts brand Thin Mints.
  • Now if anyone is interested my school had a thing that according to most other people I know was unique to that school. Take a 99 cent bag of Fritos corn chips, add taco meat and cheese whiz in bag, shake until satisfied, eat contents with spoon. It is quite tasty and simple to do. I prefer the crock pot method of cheese whiz but that is in advanced territory.
  • edited March 2012
    Fuck all you haters, Doritos kick ass.

OK, maybe "kick ass" is a step too far. But they're far from disgusting. Cool Ranch all the way baby!
    Guys.

So I was at a game-a-thon hosted by the Schnectady Wargamers Association (SWA). There were, like, 50 fat nerds in this community room, all playing different games. Three enterprising Girl Scouts came in, loaded down with cookies.

We lifted their burdens from them. Those were some smart girls.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Now if anyone is interested my school had a thing that according to most other people I know was unique to that school. Take a 99 cent bag of Fritos corn chips, add taco meat and cheese whiz in bag, shake until satisfied, eat contents with spoon. It is quite tasty and simple to do. I prefer the crock pot method of cheese whiz but that is in advanced territory.
    My elementary school did the same thing, but used shredded cheese instead. They called it a "walking taco," for some reason.
  • Fuck all you haters, Doritos kick ass.

OK, maybe "kick ass" is a step too far. But they're far from disgusting. Cool Ranch all the way baby!
    I prefer the cheese supreme, honestly. Don't know if it's called the same thing in the US.
    Guys.

Best thing - thin mints, put them in the freezer for an hour or two, then eat.

I prefer the cheese supreme, honestly. Don't know if it's called the same thing in the US.
    We have Nacho Cheese (which is what the Taco Bell things are). I don't know if they're the same thing, though.
  • edited March 2012
    I don't like Doritos, but I liked eating a Doritos shell filled with meat and sour cream and tomatoes. Eating it made me think about how the world could do better with more food brand crossovers like that.
    Post edited by Sail on

We have Nacho Cheese (which is what the Taco Bell things are). I don't know if they're the same thing, though.
    I don't think so, since we also have the Nacho cheese flavor - We have Cheese supreme, Nacho cheese, Original(no flavor) and Mexicana(salsa flavored). Our Chesese Supreme bags look a lot like your Nacho Cheese bags, though -

Our nacho cheese flavor tastes like a weaker cheese supreme, with a bit of pepper and chilli, but no chili burn to it. We also have two "Experimental flavors", Thai Sweet Chilli, and Hot Mexican Salsa, along with a new flavor, Doritos Burn, which is jalapeno with a little bit of cheese.