This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• edited April 2012
    I have been reading a lot of The Order of the Stick lately and just got to the part when
    Roy meets his little brother.
    T_T
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • edited April 2012
    Every time I send all my crew out on assignments in Star Trek Online, I imagine my captain just sitting about in the captains chair on an empty bridge, in a dark ship, in a bathrobe, eating ice-cream and watching Space HBO on the viewscreen.

Also, random quotes from between Fred and I

"I shot you, Bastard! Be Shot!"

"Wait, that kid's ma is a single mother? He's already halfway to becoming Batman."

"Oh great, this is the quest where you have to be sexually harassed."

Bonus for Every time someone gives me this lecture:
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Man, after dealing with this bitch for the entirety of this trip, I'm starting to realize how Scalpoi must feel on the Slog.
  • Pretty cool Mononoke shirt on Teefury today.

• "Atheism is a religion like not collecting stamps is a hobby."
  • Ughh, I'm trying to decide on a college and I can't pick between WPI and RIT. I've tried student reviews and they're not helping much.
  • Have you visited both? If not I'd try to get on that.
  • I haven't been to RIT yet but I'm working on it.
  • I'd say go to RIT. It's further away from your home, but then I have a nasty case of Wanderlust.
  • Ughh, I'm trying to decide on a college and I can't pick between WPI and RIT. I've tried student reviews and they're not helping much.
    You should definitely visit both schools before trying to make a decision.
    Also, it wouldn't hurt to consider a third alternative.
  • Well, this is narrowed down from a list of about seven.
  • Psst...
    CalTech. Just saying.
  • Psst...
    CalTech. Just saying.
    Yeah dude. CalTech, pretty wicked.

And when you visit RIT, hit me/Trogdor/Axel/Joe Boomer up, we'll show ya around.

• Are RIT and WPI the two you got accepted into, or are we just blue skying?
    Can't say much about RIT, but when I visited WPI I did like it. It ended up being my next choice behind Brown, where I ended up going (my first choice, MIT, rejected me).
  • I believe this calls for knowing what the other five choices are.
    Churba, I'll see you in hell. I laughed so hard.
  • Churba, I'll see you in hell. I laughed so hard.
    This must be the fourth or fifth time I've seen it upon opening the thread, and I laugh quite audibly every single time.

• Much like a clever art thief, Muse now has my monet.
  • edited April 2012
    Oh snap, imgur is no longer blocked at work. Me gusta.

However, they did block The Trenches comic. Oh well.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • The rules I live my life by:

1. The Road Runner cannot harm the Coyote except by going “meep, meep.”

2. No outside force can harm the Coyote — only his own ineptitude or the failure of Acme products. Trains and trucks were the exception from time to time.

3. The Coyote could stop anytime — if he were not a fanatic.

4. No dialogue ever, except “meep, meep” and yowling in pain.

5. The Road Runner must stay on the road — for no other reason than that he’s a roadrunner.

6. All action must be confined to the natural environment of the two characters — the southwest American desert.

7. All tools, weapons, or mechanical conveniences must be obtained from the Acme Corporation.

8. Whenever possible, make gravity the Coyote’s greatest enemy.

9. The Coyote is always more humiliated than harmed by his failures.

10. The audience’s sympathy must remain with the Coyote.

11. The Coyote is not allowed to catch or eat the Road Runner.
  • When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident
    :

1. The Road Runner cannot harm the Coyote except by going “meep, meep.”

2. No outside force can harm the Coyote — only his own ineptitude or the failure of Acme products. Trains and trucks were the exception from time to time.

3. The Coyote could stop anytime — if he were not a fanatic.

4. No dialogue ever, except “meep, meep” and yowling in pain.

5. The Road Runner must stay on the road — for no other reason than that he’s a roadrunner.

6. All action must be confined to the natural environment of the two characters — the southwest American desert.

7. All tools, weapons, or mechanical conveniences must be obtained from the Acme Corporation.

8. Whenever possible, make gravity the Coyote’s greatest enemy.

9. The Coyote is always more humiliated than harmed by his failures.

10. The audience’s sympathy must remain with the Coyote.

11. The Coyote is not allowed to catch or eat the Road Runner.
    FTFY
  • There's a Bugs Bunny cartoon where Wile E. Coyote speaks.
  • He talks in the Sam the Dog cartoons, too.
  • That's not Wile E. though.