This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• In the US at least, you don't need a license to own a black powder weapon.
    I have been in the presence of a black powder musket being fired. It's rather exhilarating, and also the loudest thing I have ever heard, ever.
  • In the US at least, you don't need a license to own a black powder weapon.
    In most states you don't need a license to own most rifles, and only a simple purchase permit to buy a handgun. Hell, if they've had good behavior, convicted felons can buy a muzzle loader after a number of years.

• New York, I AM IN YOU (hick New York).
  • Guide to being in Scott's good graces:

1) Be a living human being.
    WELL FUCK. Thanks for the heads up you less-smelly brain-having lump of flesh.
  • Guide to being in Scott's good graces:

1) Be a living human being.
    WELL FUCK. Thanks for the heads up you less-smelly brain-having lump of flesh.
    Never trust an extra-terrestrial that isn't technologically advanced enough to disguise as a human or shape-shift.

• Never trust an extra-terrestrial that isn't technologically advanced enough to disguise as a human or shape-shift.
    Wrong guy. That one lives in Alaska and builds (read: fixes) time machines. This one just waits patiently for the next informational "How to get delicious brains"-- I mean, "Zombies Part 3".

• Hmmmm. I've reached Critical Beard Point, the point at which I must either shave, or commit to the treacherous slog of beard growth.

I might shave and retain the mustache.
  • Oh god...my sides.

• edited May 2012
    New York, I AM IN YOU (hick New York).
    As a Rochesterian, I resent that statement.

Although I don't deny it.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • New York, I AM IN YOU (hick New York).
    As a Rochesterian, I resent that statement.

Although I don't deny it.
    when I was at RIT I once went on a short bike excursion to an old rail path. It was down 15 in the next town, Rush. When I was there I heard something really loud going on in the neighboring field. It was Sunday, so I thought it might be outdoor church in the good weather.

It was a tractor pull.

Hick York.
  • What is funny is that I didn't specify where I considered to be hick New York. You must have some latent opinions about your leg of the woods, Link.
  • Rochester (outside the city proper) is pretty hick. I grew up in a small farm town that was kind of a satellite of Rochester, and it was pretty much the boondocks. Not Kansas prairie hick, but still hick.
  • Come to Central-Southern Illinois. If you're not in Champaign-Urbana, you might as well be in the deep south.
  • edited May 2012
    North Florida is really just south Georgia. That's okay though, because they've got boiled peanuts there.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • Some of the towns of Rochester are pretty hick. Parts of the town where I grew up (Irondequoit) are hick sometimes. We try to deny it, but there are absolutely hick things going on around Rochester.
  • If you live within a 20 minute drive of a shopping mall, you are not in hick territory.
  • You'd be surprised.
  • Just want to point out what we already know, that the hick debate is a complete "no true Scotsman" situation.

That being said, that tractor pull was within 20 minutes drive of the mall and Wegman's area. But if you have a tractor pull, you're a hick town.
  • edited May 2012
    Is there anything on earth, anything at all, more beautiful than protein folding? How can anything be more wondrous?
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Tits?
  • Tits?
    Just a really fantastic complex of folded proteins.

• Mmm, dat protein.
  • Is there anything on earth, anything at all, more beautiful than protein folding? How can anything be more wondrous?
    Theory of General Relativity

• Is there anything on earth, anything at all, more beautiful than protein folding? How can anything be more wondrous?
    Theory of General Relativity
    This is why you're a physicist and I'm a biologist.
  • edited May 2012
    Folding proteins into tits.

EDIT: GOD DAMNED NEXT PAGE. At least you would be intimately aware of a next page in the previous Vanilla because you couldn't fucking make a reply. Rawr!
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • edited May 2012
    Deleted because this is a stupid, reddit-y comment and I'm a total shitlord for posting it. I apologize to everyone, I'm a fuckup.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • Folding proteins onto tits.
    FTFY
    Not my fetish. But thanks for sharing yours.
  • Too late to delete it, sketch. Nine's immortalized it into blockquote.
  • edited May 2012
    Folding proteins onto tits.
    FTFY
    Not my fetish. But thanks for sharing yours.
    Never thought Sketch was into something that degrading towards women. Man, the things you learn about people...

Aside: If these assholes in our common room don't either quiet the fuck down or leave this flat, there's going to be a fucking bust-up.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • THIS IS THE RANDOM COMMENTS THREAD, I JUST REALIZED. I RARELY USE THIS THREAD FOR ITS INTENDED PURPOSE BECAUSE I HAVE THE FRC BREAKFAST CLUB CHAT FOR THAT. STILL, I FEEL LIKE I SHOULD CONTRIBUTE TO THIS FORUM FOR A CHANGE. SO HERE GOES.
    [23:09:23] °L°: GOD DAMMIT.
    [23:09:35] °L°: STOP TYING UP BANDAGES ON TOP OF THE WOUND FOR FUCK'S SAKE.
    [23:09:38] °L°: THAT IS FUCKING WRONG.
    [23:10:04] °L°: PUT THE KNOT ON THE OTHER FUCKING SIDE, GOD DAMMIT JAPAN HAVE YOU NEVER HAD BASIC FIRST AID TRAINING?!
    [23:10:09] °L°: FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK.
    [23:10:19] °L°: My immersion is ruined.
    See you in three hours.