This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• This seems interesting, a game with no visuals, just sound.
  • They were talking about that on Giant Bombcast. Seems pretty crazy. They were talking about another one during that segment where it's a game that gets harder as your heartrate inceases. So the game will put you in stressful situations in which you are trying to calm yourself while dealing with a stressful situation. They are using it to see if it helps with psychological therapy.
  • I'm starting a webcomic series entitled, "Pug." Greg TvH is sending me 30-second clips of his pug doing pug things, which I will then illustrate in mixed media and add dialog to.
  • Since I went to Korea in January, Youtube things I'm -really- interested in Korean stuff. In a minute, MBC's gonna be live streaming an interview with Google's Eric Schmidt here.
  • Adam showed us his Wiener.
  • Mal or Zoe?
  • Both.

Seriously, though, we can't go a show without talking about cocks.
  • edited September 2012
    Photo source for the first panel of PUG #1:

Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • BTW this first panel is all black ink and watercolor, and Roxxy's harness is a space suit.
  • Applications for class rings were given out in homeroom today. I've already got mine.
  • edited September 2012
    Applications for class rings were given out in homeroom today. I've already got mine.
    I don't understand class rings anymore. Once upon a time it was truly a class ring, in that there was one design (two really, one for each gender) and everybody had the same ring as a token of being an alumnus of that particular school in that particular year.

Now it's just a free for all of overpriced custom made gaudy rings that you'll wear for a year or less and then stash in a box.

Mine is particularly ugly, haven't even looked at it in a decade or more.
    Post edited by muppet on
  • Yo dawg. First you get a big pumpkin. You cut a big hole in one side in the shape of a pumpkin. Then you get a smaller pumpkin and cut Xzibit's face into it. Then you put the Xzibit pumpkin inside the pumpkin pumpkin and then put in some candles. Front page guaranteed.
  • INCEPTION!!! LULZ!
  • edited September 2012
    NO LINKEDIN JUST BECAUSE I HAVE EXPERIENCE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE DOESN'T MEAN I WANT ANOTHER JOB IN IT!
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on
  • You think that's bad? I just got a job offer vial email yesterday...

in Rhode Island.
  • Bullshit. There's only two buildings in Rhode Island, and they're both residential. Must've been from U of Providence, which is technically in Massachusetts.
  • "Is your kitchen on fire?"
    BEEP
    "No...why?"
    BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!

Hazards of living with a smoker. OF MEAT.
  • "Is your kitchen on fire?"
    BEEP
    "No...why?"
    BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!

Hazards of living with a smoker. OF MEAT.
    Also, heart disease.

• Bullshit. There's only two buildings in Rhode Island, and they're both residential. Must've been from U of Providence, which is technically in Massachusetts.
    Having lived and worked in Rhode Island for many years, I can assure you there are more than two buildings.
    Having lived and worked in Rhode Island for many years, I can assure you there are more than two buildings.
    The parking garage at providence place doesn't count.
  • If the state is smaller than Louisville KY then really what is the point?
  • I lived half my pre-college life in that state. I still haz a proudz.
  • edited September 2012
    I'm still currently observing two people taking two and a half hours and counting to have a shower each, put on pants and a top, and put on some makeup. I've seen entire casts of theater productions take less time to get ready.

Also, technology is pretty awesome - while I was having a smoke, I checked my bank balance, bought a video game, and remotely installed it, then had it ready by the time I'd finished my smoke and picked my cup of tea up from the kitchen bench.

EDIT - And they're done, right on the 2 hour, 45 minute mark.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited September 2012
    I lived half my pre-college life in that state. I still haz a proudz.
    All I remember from my days of URI is that it took a 45 minute drive to get to any place of significance. Which admittedly could be anywhere in Rhode Island since that's all it takes to get from one side of the state to the other.
    Post edited by Jordan O. on
  • Just had one of the longest, most thought provoking discussions of my life with someone who's got ~50% English.
  • Yesterday, after watching "Perfect Pitch" I had the most awesome conversation with a female friend in a totally not romantic way. It is so extremely refreshing :D
  • Attempted murderers are just murderers who rolled a 1 on the D20. Thank you Hank Green for that.
  • I'm crushing pretty hard on floormate.
  • edited September 2012
    I'm crushing pretty hard on floormate.
    Make a move *now* or someone else on the floor will. And then it'll suck.

That, or don't bother. Floor drama sucks 'cause you live there.
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • It's true. Relationships are fast and loose on dorm floors, stuff happens or it doesn't.