This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• pound that like the fist of an angry god or you will regret it for the rest of your life.
  • Note to self, deciding to watch past the first episode of Breaking Bad while eating dinner is not the best idea.
  • edited October 2012
    Today was a pretty good day. Played six or seven rounds of Dominion with my roommate and friend, watched Akira, played a show that was fun, made some new friends, and got asked to play guitar for a new band where the target sound is "No Age meets Fugazi."
    Post edited by Sail on
  • This movie actually exists.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1520451/
    Tub

About a guy who can't commit to his girlfriend... Who then jerks off in the shower. And accidentally impregnates his tub.
  • This movie actually exists.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1520451/
    Tub

About a guy who can't commit to his girlfriend... Who then jerks off in the shower. And accidentally impregnates his tub.
    Tagline:
    Paul jerked off in the shower. Paul just impregnated his bath tub.
  • edited October 2012
    Knowing anything about biology makes all of NERV's naming schemes really silly, rather than weirdly cool.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited October 2012
    As someone who doesn't know Japanese, a lot of their naming scheming sounds awesome when you don't know what it means... and incredibly nonsensical when translated if you have any idea what they're saying.

/me curses that anime from last year wherein only 17 year olds had magical powers.
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • As someone who doesn't know Japanese, a lot of their naming scheming sounds awesome when you don't know what it means... and incredibly nonsensical when translated if you have any idea what they're saying.
    On the flipside, this also explains the use of gratuitous Engrish in a lot of Japanese works/products/etc. They feel the same way about English.
  • I realized the other day that I'm now too old to be the main character in a JRPG or an anime.
  • I realized the other day that I'm now too old to be the main character in a JRPG or an anime.
    Let's make a JRPG/Anime about old people.
    I've been feeling that way for a while now (except for maybe Captain Harlock... he's about the only older main character in an anime I can think of offhand). It's been quite depressing. :(
  • As an 18 year old, I'm still a viable candidate, although I'm on the descending end of the bell curve.
  • 21 and I'm old enough to be one of the dudes in Initial D who is around a lot but never actually races.
  • Waaaaaaaaaaaah
  • I just hit 36 this past Wednesday myself... I guess I'm at the right age to be "random lab tech working on giant robot." Not much else, though.
  • 35 and feeling 55.
  • That's OK, shit generally doesn't go very well for them.
  • What's worse is realising that characters my age spend a lot of time around underage girls in questionable gettup.
  • edited October 2012
    Holy crap LTE is crazy fast compared to 3G.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • 21 and I'm old enough to be one of the dudes in Initial D who is around a lot but never actually races.
    Yeah, We're definitely the age to be supporting characters, just not main characters.
  • edited October 2012
    I might be too old to be a character in a regular manga that you'll see, but I don't give a shit. If that's the case, I'll just make a new manga, or make myself the best secondary protagonist, in the manner of Kamina. The only reason you can't be a main character(or at least a great side character) is if you resign yourself to being the supporting cast.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I'll only be sad when I'm too old to be the Count of Monte Cristo. But even then, there's room for an Aramaki.
  • I'll only be sad when I'm too old to be the Count of Monte Cristo. But even then, there's room for an Aramaki.
    And Lord Nelson, Bunta, Arsène Lupin(The original, not the third), and so on. Being awesome isn't just a young man's game, it's just that when you get older, you have to be a little slower and a little smarter about it.
  • /discussion
    No more reason for anyone to mope about age now.
    Let's make a JRPG/Anime about old people.
    A seinen version of Earthbound/Mother in the world of 20th Century Boys post and after friend.
  • Both post and after Friend? =P
  • JTVH has wanted for a long time make a show about magical girls in their 40s.
  • Both post and after Friend? =P
    Yeah, I mean to say pre and post Friend :P

Also, today I realize that I am a three chances kind of guy.