This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• Hilariously the guy on Impractical Jokers couldn't find an actual New Yorker in New York to sign his thing to get on the ballot.
  • Jesus, the heat is ripping through people at Big Day Out Sydney - 180 people collapsing from heat exhaustion or heat stroke between Midday and 3PM.
  • I'm waiting for Australia to explode into flames.
    Oh, don't worry, we're currently well aflame, mostly in NSW and southern QLD right now.
    Oh, don't worry, we're currently well aflame, mostly in NSW and southern QLD right now.
    That was my understanding of the situation. How else would you get fire tornadoes?
  • The Metal Thread is flagged for having malware in it.
  • The Metal Thread is flagged for having malware in it.
    Someone used bayimg instead of imgur.
  • The CDC anonymously surveyed my class today. They said the goal was to keep kids away from negative influences. It only regarded diet, exercise, and tobacco. After having gone through a psych ward, heard every fucking story about drunk kids acting stupid, and watched my best friend OD right next to me, I couldn't help but ask (silently) "really? This is what we're worried about?"
  • Drama at my house over science. Like full on arguments of people coming back from a party over science, there are tears and everything. Also one of my house mates just woke up ate a block of Cathedral Cheddar and went back to bed. As Gwen Steffanie said "This shit is Banananas".
  • How y'all will know I've been Reincarnated -

• Because I can't be bothered finding the Cooking Mama thread, and you all seemed to like Ramsay's scrambled eggs :

• I have acquired Payday: The Heist and desire to play it, so if Churba or whoever wants to help me learn it I'd be glad if we could set up a time.
  • I'm pretty busy between now and Friday, but after that, anytime you catch me online and especially playing a game, just send me a message, and if I'm free(or already playing a game) I'll be happy to join you.
  • edited January 2013
    I'm pretty busy between now and Friday, but after that, anytime you catch me online and especially playing a game, just send me a message, and if I'm free(or already playing a game) I'll be happy to join you.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Well, there may be a delay now, as my new desktop's audio jacks seem to have decided to suddenly stop working for no reason that I can figure out at all.
  • Hey, watch me give about 5-6 people on the forum a quick burst of nostalgia.

• edited January 2013
    Well played, sir. I wonder if the guess of 5-6 people is accurate, though.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I'm figuring on you, Matatat, Myself, Thane, and maybe Ampersand and Wildliquid - much to my surprise, Round the twist aired in the UK. I don't know where else it aired, though.
  • Yup, I sung along with that intro music right away. I pretty much learned the the concept of "money" from an episode where they opened a door to a copying machine and one of the kids made loads and loads of money. I fancied the older girl when I was about 11 or 12.
  • Dude, when I saw the splash for that video I was like "This looks a little before my time" but then as I watched the video I realized holy shit, I do remember watching that show as a kid.
  • Well, you've got 4 already Churbs; you might end up overshooting.
  • edited January 2013
    Yup, I sung along with that intro music right away. I pretty much learned the the concept of "money" from an episode where they opened a door to a copying machine and one of the kids made loads and loads of money. I fancied the older girl when I was about 11 or 12.
    For some weird reason, being a few years older, I didn't think it would have caught you growing up, which is nonsensical, now that I think about it - It was around even before I was old enough to watch it, and it was aired on the BBC for as long as it was around on the ABC, and it was on for a fair while. Certainly long enough to account for the difference in age.
    Well, you've got 4 already Churbs; you might end up overshooting.
    It's unusual, normally I save the underestimation entirely for self-assessment.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • For some weird reason, being a few years older, I didn't think it would have caught you growing up, which is nonsensical, now that I think about it - It was around even before I was old enough to watch it, and it was aired on the BBC for as long as it was around on the ABC, and it was on for a fair while. Certainly long enough to account for the difference in age.
    I grew up without a TV at home so the vast majority of children's TV shows passed me by, but this is one I remember fondly, though I probably only ever saw three or four episodes ever.
  • Never heard of this show at all ever.
    Me either.

The "obscure" shows I watched were:

Kissyfur
    Square One
    Ghostwriter

• edited January 2013
    Never heard of this show at all ever.
    That's okay - According to Wikipedia, it only ever aired for a short time in the US, on FOX Kids in 1997. It was pretty good, though, and almost habitually pushed the line on what was acceptable in kids programming back then. Hell, they even had an episode where one of the lads befriends a water spirit to win a pissing contest. I don't mean that metaphorically. Here's the episode list
    Never heard of this show at all ever.
    Me either.

Kissyfur
    Square One
    Ghostwriter
    It was a staple for Australians around my age, and a lot of people from the UK and Ireland. Never heard of kissyfur or Square One, but I do remember watching Ghostwriter - It was on weekday afternoons, I think.

Post edited by Churba on
    Me either.

Kissyfur
    Square One
    Ghostwriter
    Kissyfur WTF? I've never heard of that either.

Also, Square One is not even obscure in quotes. Everyone of the right age knows it. MathMan was the best part. Check out Inspector Gadget giving the instructions and Mr. Glitch the tornado's attitude.

• Square One is pretty obscure these days.
  • Everything I watched in my formative years is pretty obscure, except for probably Sesame Street and Mister Rogers. I mean, who else here remembers 3-2-1 Contact?
  • 3-2-1 Contact was the default "educational" show, but the cool kids knew Square One was where it was at. ;^)